The Pandemic And "a Survival Situation"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 23, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Couldn't agree more with the survival mentality. As the British say "Keep Calm and Carry On".

I think that article brought up an important issue. The danger of becoming obsessed, constantly checking the news, allowing the situation to totally consume to the point of ignoring what is important, or even simply enjoying life.

3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Blitz,

Good point i re the obsession.

That's a reason why I say a private citizen doesn't really need a weather radio. Basic weather reports exceed requirements.

"Information overload" - from weather to horror stories about hospitals - creates unneeded stress.

Blitz likes this.
  4. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Too true. For some more than others, I warrant!