The Pandemic.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Keith H., Mar 24, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Old Geezer,

ROFL !

I guess soldering irons aren't that different in function that what's sold to the hospitals.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Blitz...

You have me laughing to myself here...as I just found this portion of the thread...

To the left of me I have five bottles of Goslings 151 proof Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum....unopened.

Up in my radio room I have six bottles, unopened, of Bacardi 151 proof rum purchased many years back with prepping in mind.

On the serious side..I am not a big drinker...mostly wine...but for emergency purposes/medicinal I decided the high octane vintage was the way to go ...long shelf life and all that...

Am in agreement with your husband....when I feel bad/ill is when I take a few shots of the hard stuff and go to bed...

If I had to...I reckon I could burn it in my car or scooters.....but would hesitate...

Nonetheless you got me to laughing and I needed that.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    "Am in agreement with your husband....when I feel bad/ill is when I take a few shots of the hard stuff and go to bed..."

Yep, that's exactly what he used to do. Worked every time!

I'm not a huge drinker either, though I do enjoy a good red. Camping requires Captain Morgan to come off his ship, and of course, ending with a good port around the fire and lots of laughter before turning in for a good night's sleep!

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    That info's nothing new TexDanm. It's a well-known fact. However, initially WHO and various other so-called "experts" wouldn't come out and say that people could be asymptomatic. To me it was fairly obvious though. All flu/cold type of viruses spread between people who don't necessarily show any symptoms.

By the time the experts came out and said it was asymptomatic, the horse had already bolted.

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  6. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Now the government is saying to wear a mask. Really? I've known that since day one! IDIOTS! Should have been doing that from day one.

China 1 America 0.

7. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
  8. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Exactly. And therein lies the problem. Everyone listens to the grovelment, rather than doing some basic research themselves. The only reason the western grovelment is changing its tune is because of criticism from China and other Asian nations. It's a well-known fact that mask wearing reduces the possibility of catching the virus, as has been previously proven through the medical profession wearing surgical masks during MERS and SARS outbreaks, which significantly reduced infection. It's not rocket science.

Makes me laugh how the experts in the medical profession over here would go on television and tell everyone what to do and what not to do. They were very vocal regarding NOT wearing a mask, telling the general population it did nothing whatsoever and they shouldn't wear one. I now wonder if it was some political scheme to prevent the general populace depleting the supply of masks, in fear of the medical profession not having enough masks. I notice now in Australia at least, more masks are being manufactured and brought in from overseas. Interesting ..

F22 Simpilot and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I tried to post the above comment in reply to F22 Simpilot's post regarding wearing masks but the word count was too high. Despite cutting it down, it still wouldn't post so I had to post it here. Apologies that it's disjointed and not following on.

10. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    When we work in highly contaminated areas we have to wear special anti contamination clothing....and even respirators.

Most often we work in a special engineered ventilation set up...negative ventilation and that stuff is some serious negative ventilation....vacuum...velocity....to a filtered chamber.

For us this also means significant nuclear radiation levels to accommodate those high contamination levels.

Contamination levels above a certain point can go airborne very easily. We wear double anti contamination clothing when you work in those levels.

Much of our techniques are derived from biological controls/procedures. These photos of people handling patients and being heavily suited up/even taped up are familiar to me.

Trying not to go out much and do my grocery shopping early in the morning before most people awaken...or just when the stores open.

In like manner to how I filled up my tank with gasoline last night....at 4 am .wearing blue nitrile gloves.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Interesting procedures to have to go through all the time, getting thoroughly kitted up.

The major supermarkets in the larger towns/cities here have brought in a new policy regarding limiting people in their supermarkets. They open at 7am and I can see there are going to be massive queues. It will be pure bedlam. They tried instigating special hours for the elderly or disadvantaged some time ago which was a disaster as, by the time they got their hour, all of the essential items had been bought out.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Hahahahahaha *rolling on floor laughing hysterically*.

Have you ever had a hemorrhoid operation? I have and let me tell you, it ain't fun. In the least. At all. Many, many moons of suffering, ante and post.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the name of all that is holy, pack these precious puppies promptly in packing peanuts! These angels out the copper screw cannot be allowed to perish! Pack them, man! Pack them! It is your sacred duty.

Long ago, years ago (near a decade), I put back Everclear in which I'd put blackberry juice. I made the juice out of blackberries. I put juice in it to give it a flavor of some sort. I really didn't care, but I do love blackberries. I made a drink using the lightning purple out one of those bottles just last week. I was not killed.

I'd stowed them away in liquor boxes with extra packing paper to prevent premature perishing. Particularly important!

15. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Something not being reported . Some of the survivors of the virus have permanent brain damage . What percentage that may be , I don't know . One thing for sure this isn't just a virus .

1. Blitz
      Where does this information come from? If it is true, this virus may cause something like Encephalitis, or measles or some autoimmune disorder like AIDS. Especially given the original culprit being borne from an animal. Doesn't bear thinking about really.

Blitz, Apr 4, 2020
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Wearing a surgical mask offers you almost ZERO protection from the COVID 19. That is part of the reason for that original statement plus the fact that idiots were buying them in mass and the people that really SHOULD wear them couldn't get them.

The recent reversal is because they have now discovered that almost half of the people that are infected are asymptomatic and don't even know that they have it and never show symptoms but can spread the virus. The new stand to wear cloth masks is more to prevent people that have it from spreading it than to protect the wearer from this disease.

Even the use of an N95 level mask is not perfect protection unless you follow exacting and specific rules on wearing and handling the contaminated masks. I watched an idiot the other day that was wearing one reach up and pull the mask down with his bare hand and then wipe his nose off with that hand and then pull the mask back up. If he had been around someone with the virus it was on the outside of the mask when he touched it. He then infected himself. If you wear an N95 mask you need to wear gloves when handling it after wear and then wash and disinfect your hands. People like me with facial hair don't get a good seal and so for us even the N95 mask is not a perfect seal and so offers limited protection.

the good news about this new finding that almost half of the infected people never have symptoms is that the actual death rate of the disease is even lower than they had previously thought. As testing becomes almost universal there are going to be millions that have had it and never knew or thought that they had had allergies or a mild cold.

So far this pandemic has mostly been a disease that was most devastating in places with lots of people in small areas.

COVID Statistics

size in------ pop in------Number of
    sq. miles--- millions----- infected

3,800,000--USA--331--277,695
    268,820--Texas--28--6,050
    54,556--New York--20--102,863
    248,572--France--66--65,202
    116,348- Italy--61--119,827
    137,846--Germany--82--91,159
    80,823--Great Britain-- 64--38,690
    19,5124--Spain--47--124,736
    1,670,000--Europe--743--578,794

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  17. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    https://time.com/5815251/should-you-wear-a-mask-coronavirus/

Interesting article regarding mask wearing.

I'm still of the view that wearing a mask offers some degree of protection, even if limited. However, as I mentioned somewhere else, it's pointless wearing a mask if you don't remove it properly and if you don't wear eye protection as well. Once again, glasses won't offer 100% protection from aerosol transmission however, they will offer a degree of protection, even if limited, in conjunction with a mask.

A good point is the fact that masks can give people a false sense of security believing that it will protect them from the virus (or any virus for that matter). In the case of Covid-19, they then practice less social distancing because they believe a mask is the silver bullet offering 100% protection.

Yes, it is good news regarding the death rate being lower than originally thought. I was always of the opinion that this virus would operate in a similar fashion to a cold or flu virus with regards to being asymptomatic.

On another note, pet suppliers will be making the most of the opportunity to sell "pet masks" for their precious pooches. I can see Pet Barn selling designer masks for $10 a pop or more.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Just got back from the grocery store...first time out in a few days..since I gassed up my car at 4 am.

They finally had bread...some flour but I bought corn meal ...going to fix some fish. Like corn meal on fish.
    Milk only available in gallons...not half gallons here. Bought some dried fruit and a lemon cake..love lemon cake with a cup of coffee.

Did not bother to check for TP as I am good in that arena and truth is ...I did not want to know what was on the shelves.

Wore mask and gloves....took off mask by pinching with a plastic bag and then removed it putting the mask into the bag by the technique used. This is called an inverted bag technique. Washed hands and face....

Doffed gloves as we were taught for nuclear work....again pinch pinch remove...inside to out..

Not planning on going out again....till I have to go to work...on Monday.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ismaelite.

19. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Been hearing from people how bad and stupid are many out here...

They wear gloves and masks ...and remove their gloves...dropping them right into the parking lots at the stores.

Ishmaelites run wild...

All you have to do is take one of your grocery plastic bags...and doff them into the plastic bag....mask too ...and then seal up the bag and deposit it into the proper receptical...

I never did like littering.....even in normal times. Wildlife....two legged wildlife..

I don't like going to a beach or wildlife area and seeing trash all over the place....bad stewardship.

Two legged wilflife….Ishmaelites...people who cannot pick up after themselves.

Certain people you know....you can tell they have been around by the messes they leave..like a fingerprint...for someone else to pick up after them. High Maintenance.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Blitz in answer to your question about where my brain damage source came from . My information is directly from a case I am personally familiar with . A healthy 16 year old boy came down with the virus . The doctors think he may live but expect him to have brain damage . I am sure the d0ctors and politicans do not want the public to know about the brain damage associated with the virus . This could possibly explain what seemed like an over reaction to what the governments touted as something less dangerous than the flu . ----- Another effect , this info coming directly face to face from someone in the medical field that is working directly with the virus , The virus mutates human body cells . Whether a recovering persons cells returns back to normal I do not know but the implications of permanent altered body functions or parts is still on the to find out list .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If one is very close to people who have c19 and are coughing, then face masks really help. Thus, their need in hospitals.

Keeping one's hands clean is the upmost weapon against catching viruses of any variety. Every flu season, you must keep your hands clean. I keep a pump hand sanitizer (alcohol-based cleaner) in my vehicle. I go shop, come back to vehicle, then wash hands, steering wheel, any other "at risk" surfaces.

Skywalker and TMT Tactical like this.
  22. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Agree with Olde Geezer and others on the masks and particularly the gloves and in particular washing hands.

I have several of those Scotch Brite green pads used for scrubbing down pots and pans. I use these in washing my hands. Have cut them in half to make it easier....more manageable.

There are techniques for removing gloves and inverting them into themselves...takes some training but not difficult. I can do this with a plastic grocery bag as well.

A number of years ago...I remember spending significantly more time washing my hands than normal...and with a Scotch Brite pot and pan scrubbing pad. That along with heavy vitamin C s and I did not get sick that year. Mind you now...I was also working the graveyard shift and had minimum contact with most people.

I'm just not the social butterfly type...by choice.

We are talking about washing your hands as were you going into and operating room for performing surgery.

When I buy alcohol..rubbing alcohol..I am in the habit of buying the 91% alcohol...it is my way though the 75 % is good alcohol. I tend to like the highest octane I can get.

Monitoring my temperatures though the yellow pollen is kicking my butt...every year at this time..

Getting warmer outside now....spring is here.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I’m afraid that we in the Western World are nearing a decision point that will determine our place in the world in the years to come…or if we will even have a place in it. This virus is a bad thing. I’m not saying that it isn’t. The problem is that we as a people are acting as if this is a plague of biblical proportions and it isn’t. At some point very soon we will either decide to stand up and just move on or if life is just too hard and lay down and die.

Yes being sick SUCKS. Yes, some people are going to die. The question that I have to ask is, do we want to die cringing and hiding until it finds us or do we want to get up and fight. If we all hover in our homes afraid to go to work and afraid to leave our homes. The economy is going to CRASH. I’m not talking about something like the Great Depression in the 1930s; I’m talking about a total crash where you have the unemployment like in the 30s pairs with runaway inflation. If the government keeps handing out cash to allow people to stay at home at some point this is going to devalue the money. Money is just green paper and only has real worth when it represents actions of actual value.

If you couple double-digit unemployment with double-digit inflation you will rapidly reach critical mass and a sudden total collapse. The crops will rot in the fields because the farmers can’t afford to pay people 50 dollars an hour to work and 50 dollars a gallon for fuel. Even if they do harvest if money has almost no value how do they sell it. You MUST be able to sell your product for more than it will cost you to plant and grow next yeas crop OR THERE WON’T BE A CROP NEXT YEAR.

We have had many terrible diseases over the last several hundred years. I'm not talking about something that will make you sick either. Compared to many of the past pandemics this is a paper dragon. In the past people suffered but didn’t just lay down and die. Have we as a people become so feeble that we would rather die as a people than face the problem head-on and deal with it.

If everyone in the US caught this virus, we would be looking at losing several million people with the majority of those being elderly. If we allow our nation to collapse, we will be taken by the nations that decided not to just cower and die slowly. I can assure you that if they think that they could do it either Russia or China would come for us. Based on how we are reacting to this virus I’m not sure that we could offer much of an effective resistance. Some of us would fight but the sheeple would just run, hide and then surrender.

We need to go onto a war footing and go back to work. I know that people are afraid but sometimes you have to face your fears in order to avoid something worse. My father went to war. He was no doubt afraid, hell he was only 16 years old, but he went because the Axis had to be stopped. They fought and many died so that it never got to their homes.

We are once again at the point where if we are going to make our homes safe there will be sacrifices. We will either go back to work or the consequences may be far worse than the virus. Have we as a people grown too weak and stupid to continue on as a great people? I honestly am not sure anymore.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Tex I at least agree with the economy crashing part and as things stand right now I see no reason that it won't and that is globaly not just nationally . Here on our survival retreat we are looking forward to teotwawki . This is what we have been preparing for . It will be sad to see all the deaths that will accompany teotwawki , but they should have taken a serious approach to prepping . Those trying to jump on the prepping wagon at this point will probably not be able to prepare for as serious a crises that I think is on the horizon .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It isn't the stupid virus that is going to take us down. It is going to be the stupidity and cowardice of a people that would rather cower and hide than fight and stand up to adversity. The sheeple are going to lead us all over a cliff if we don't somehow divert this mad rush over the cliff. Trump is going to try and get people to go back to work. I think that the democraps are going to resist him and try to take this country down. They will do ANYTHING to bring Trump down, even if it means that the country goes down with him.

The sad thing is that the Russians and China won't fall in the same way because they don't allow sheeple to run their country. they will have trouble but they will do whatever is necessary to maintain their place in power. In the end, the idea of Democracy was a nice idea but we refused to be strong and stay the course originally set by the founding fathers. We gave the vote to every idiot and low life that wanted what we had. We GAVE AWAY our country.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the news

Communist Chinese government urges their peasants not to horde food. Chinese begin hording food.
    https://www.breitbart.com/national-...-as-locals-refuse-to-believe-communist-party/

Further division. Covid-19 infection data based on race requested by limousine liberals. Me, I think that they will find that in NYC there was a huge disproportion of Asians affected. The hospital that first got overwhelmed was adjacent to Chinatown. Silly me.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=china+town+ny&atb=v140-1&ia=web

NYC lies concerning C-19 numbers
    https://canadafreepress.com/article/new-york-city-is-lying-about-chinese-virus-death-rates

Europe: People are spitting on police officers. Civilization at its finest.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...ictims-multiple-coronavirus-spitting-attacks/

Ginsburg missing in court, is " working through a stomach virus".
    https://www.ibtimes.com/ruth-bader-...preme-court-judge-receiving-treatment-2865731

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Hahahahaha ... hahahahhaha

I just had the funniest off spin from this virus this afternoon.

I sold a crappy Atomik 70cc motor bike for parts. No, that's not the funny part (well, it could be). The funny part is, that the bloke who bought it gave me $80 cash. No, that's not the funny part either ... if you can picture this in your mind's eye ... the bloke got some hand sanitiser from his car and squirted it all over the notes. I was left holding squishy, wet notes smothered in hand sanitiser. I didn't think there was much left for me to see in this world but that brought the bar to a whole new level (yes, pun intended).

28. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL !

Good morning Blitz,

This is indeed funny !

29. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Hell yeah! Cracked me up severely. I honestly didn't know how to react.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Perhaps someone on here can defend and explain why the politician's touted corona curve is real and is about to peak in about two weeks .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Poltiregist,

If you're using the term that's also synonymous with "flatten the curve", (not familiar with "crona curve"), I can scribble some sentences here. My rambling might or might not explain.

"Flatten the curve" means less admissions to a hospital/medical facility equivalent. In theory, new patients admitted to a hospital(s) doesn't matter. People are screened/triaged and processed accordingly with those having COVID-19 COMBINED with respiratory problems sent to hospital beds with respirators( I am sure much reporting is not correct but this is only my opinion gleaned from other major events). Again: aforesaid is a matter of routine not that much different than running a public airport.

Because of the shortage of hospital beds (In the last 5 years the NY Governor oversaw the closing of 4 NYC hospital so as to divert the capital funding to wind farms and related), profession medical labor, professional support labor, medical equipment, morgue trailers, PPE, hospital admissions must be minimized. This minimization, when accomplished, changes the line graph on the X-Y graph paper. The usual curve gets flattened.

This flattening on the line graph means less deaths are occurring in the hospital(s). Remember, we are in a media environment.

"In about two weeks" is only 1 time period floating around the web. Politicians love these variables. They are all estimates, at best. I am sure those infected on the USS Teddy Roosevelt in Guam are not yet tallied into the numbers the national political establishment is using.

Much of all this is "adjusted" numbers.

Again, all this is my opinion only. Just read something nearby by TexDanm that with the non-symptom citizens getting tested (asymptomatic ) although still infected, this means that the scary death rates are really not as high as advertised.

And media operations today = advertising for their cause.

Time to again wash my hands and be thankful we Vietnam Veterans don't have to hear these scare stories from Walter Cronkite, Connie Chung and Dan Rather. They were more skillful than the current batch.

TMT Tactical, Blitz and poltiregist like this.
  32. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    As of now , my opinion is politicians are doing as they consider doing the responsible thing and trying to keep the weak from panicking by painting a positive future . Meanwhile the weak are desperately grabbing the nice and rosey forecast as they are unprepared and want to believe what they are being told . Preppers should have a stronger fortitude , than to have to need feel good words . The very definition of a prepper is " someone who is prepared " . We are beginning to see a earth quake like fisher growing between the prepared and the unprepared . The name calling and resentment can be seen bubbling to the surface .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    this is a numbers game. Politicians do so love their numbers games. In the 80s when some places had double-digit unemployment they were so happy to drag out the decrease in the numbers of unemployed. They claimed that the worst part of the recession was over and supported this with the lowered numbers of unemployed and the lower percentage. What they didn't explain was that after you were unemployed for about a year your unemployment benefits ended and you were then classified as having left the workforce and so were no longer unemployed. They only counted the people that were working and didn't talk about the people that were not only without a job but now also were receiving no benefits. Their "things are better!" was presented while the roadside parks that had restrooms were packed with families that had lost everything and were now living in their cars.

Now to this numbers game. In two weeks to a month, there should be a decrease in the number of new cases of people being infected. What they are not telling you is to hang o to your drawers because between now and then there is going to be a truly massive jump in the number of reported infects. This is in part going to be a real increase as the disease spreads but the giant spike is going to bein the massively increasing number of people tested. Almost half of the people that catch COVID19 never have much if any of the symptoms. They feel mostly fine 2but are nonetheless infected and able to infect others. We will soon be testing almost everyone that those people that carry without symptoms can be told to stay at home and stop spreading it. When they do this the numbers of KNOWN infected are going to go through the roof.

Once this spike tops out it is then going to go down as it returns to the true level of infection AND the number of people classified as recovered is going to spike. The people that tested positive but really weren't sick will "recover" and join this number whereas now they are not a part of the numbers as either infected or recovered. Nothing real has changed just the numbers of tested and reported. If you are one of the people that seems to have an almost natural immunity to this and have very mild or no symptoms the fact that you report will have no effect on how you feel or anything except you might have to quarantine until the virus is defeated and you are no longer contagious.

Unless you know EXACTLY where the numbers of any statistics come from and how they were gathered no offered statistics have any REAL meaning. The numbers of gun-related deaths that the liberal idiots often put out have been found to include police shootings, shootings where people were defending their home or life and even once they were caught throwing in the military people that were shot in other countries during our various conflicts. (Hey, they WERE Americans `and they WERE shot with a gun.)

The Dumbocraps are making a big deal out of the US has the most infected people. Well, that again is a numbers game. First off China and Russia are lying. Places like India and much of Africa are not testing at the same rate that we are. But the biggest thing is that all of the Europeans countries are smaller than Texas. You can't compare the length of the stride of a giant to that of a little person and draw any conclusion except that the giant is bigger. The US is MUCH bigger than the European nations and also has many more people. A number that they don't report is the one that counts. The percentage of that nation's population that is infected.

I am a numbers person. What the numbers tell me is that this virus is a huge problem in places that are densely populated. The infection rate is much lower in places less densely populated. Japan and Hongkong are in trouble. New York is in trouble as are nearly all of the megacities. If you look, places like Houston and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex are much less affected. I mention them because I know them. They are less troubled because first off people here don't live in highrise apartments. Even the poor live in houses. The bigger thing though is that we don't have subways, trains or Els. We do have buses but they are not used like they are in other big cities. We have cars and lots of them. You HAVE to have cars when there are no means of mass transit and the cities are more spread out.

If nothing else this virus may start the decline of the megacities. They are death traps. We here have known that for a long time but the sheeple didn't. Now they do and they might be led to move to less crowded places. I hope not. I prefer them to stay where they are and leave the rest of us alone because the first thing they will do if they move to slammer places to begin turning those places into the same sort of pissholes that they have turned the big cities into.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  34. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I went into town again today and left feeling quite depressed.

What I found was that all the shops are now adopting more and more social distancing tactics. In the sense that I was constantly being told off for standing too close to the counter, stand behind the red line, pack your own bags, blah, blah, blah. When I first went into the shops when my car was repaired, the only retailer using social distancing was the butcher. Now they've all leapt on the bandwagon.

I ended up feeling like I had leprosy and couldn't wait to get home.

In the news here, they've started indicating that this social distancing may be the norm for 2 years or so. I find this prospect quite disturbing. Psychologically, what sort of impact is that going to have on an already dysfunctional society?

Thoughts?

howler, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  35. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah. And the other thing I find quite disturbing about this whole pandemic situation is closing off beaches. I mean, seriously? Surely it's a good thing that people are walking or jogging along the beach and swimming? Yes, yes. I can understand the grovelment's paranoia when people get too close. But completely closing off beaches and not being allowed on them at all seems a bit over the top and almost spiteful to me. A bit like a naughty child not sharing one toy, so all toys are taken away. Police on horseback are parading beaches to make sure no-one ventures onto the sand. At all.

People over here are copping seriously hefty fines for "disobeying" social distancing. As in thousands and thousands of dollars. Like people can really afford it now. What a good ploy for the grovelment to get some revenue back after shelling out billions in incentives due to this pandemic.

I can't imagine how this is going to pan out in the next year or more.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  36. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    howler, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  37. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think that it is going to have any long term effect on people where I live. While we are very social people we have always tended to keep more of a distance from each other than most people even in other parts of the US. I think that people that live in the big Northern cities have to adapt to more crowding. We don't have subways, trains or even many elevators that people have to use every day so we don't spend any time being forced to be close. I have noticed several times that people from other places, especially people from the big cities in the Northeast, that get in trouble here from getting too close in social situations. In Texas when a man gets right up in your face that is an immediate prelude to somebody getting their butts kicked.

38. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One of the things that needs to happen SOON is for them to start testing EVERYONE. This needs to be a priority. Once tested if you have antibodies and are recovered then you need to go back to work. Right now thee are a lot of people that had the mild cases that have no reason to be hiding in their homes anymore. When you test as recovered they could give you an armband to wear so that people would know that they didn't have to worry about you giving them the virus. We need to get things moving again as soon as possible.

39. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Geez, that's a brilliant idea TexDanm.

I did read somewhere about people being reinfected. However, I'm not sure how accurate that is, or if it's a case of being reinfected or simply taking a long time to get rid of the virus.

On another note, I would be curious to know (if anyone here does) if a virus has the capability of infecting in degrees. What I mean is, are there different levels of being infected, or does everyone get infected the same?

It occurred to me today coming back from town whether being in total isolation for some time and then contracting the virus, would have any marked difference.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

I don't think we should use the arm band thing. It congers up WWII crap. Better suited would be a necklace type thing that goes around your neck with some sort of state ID card saying that person is not a carrier. I'm thinking of the necklaces that carry company ID cards for identification.

42. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that's a good idea F22.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  43. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Blitz,

Here in Virginia it's somewhat different.

Virginia's Governor issued a "Stay At Home" order along with encouraging visits to state parks for exercise while practicing social distancing.

Will soon start some research on how to get to the park without leaving home.

1. Blitz
      Sounds far more logical than what's going on here.

I can't understand how being in open spaces or driving in your car can be an issue. Surely, getting out in the open would be a good thing for exercise as well as general mental health. Geez we're in trouble in the future given the Grovelment's approach to this social distancing. I'm totally dumbfounded.

Blitz, Apr 6, 2020
  44. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

45. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Concerning going back to work

Where I work has a health form for Covid19. If you have a medical reason to work from home during this pandemic, no problem. I sent the form to my physician who filled it out and faxed it to my workplace (which is a risky place to be at this time).

There are folk who fall into the category of "At-Risk" (like me), so employers can find jobs that need to be done, but do not necessarily need to be done at work, and assign these jobs to the folk who are at home and drawing salary. I'm getting needed work done -- my only hindrance to getting work done is that my supervisor is always wanting to know what everybody is doing. If the idiot would shut up, work would be accomplished.

People who are at low risk can still go to work and observe the sane rules about personal protection equipment. Truth be told, during ANY flu season, it would be a very good idea to be wearing gloves and not touching your face. And if the flu is invading offices -- ANY YEAR -- folk should wear gloves and masks until the contagion is out of the offices. Flu season kills productivity and nitrile gloves are mega-cheap compared to employees being out of work. There is also the matter of not suffering from the flu. I'd rather be working than have the flu with all of its aches and pains and fever.

Wearing gloves and other virus protection devices is just common sense. Shutting down a country is not common sense. And oh by the way, nobody would resent any older person with health conditions working from home when the flu is invading offices. Too, the work I am doing is tedious and no one in their right mind wants to tackle it.

I am more cautious than TexDanm, but concur with him on his basis thesis. In areas of this country where the Covid19 is NOT hot, people should be getting back to work while observing PPE rules where they work. Were I a young man again with no health issues, I would deeply resent being told where I could go and that I wasn't permitted to work. Such violates time-honored liberties pertaining to matters of habeas corpus.

If in some urban areas where the masses are packed together like sardines, the Covid19 is rampant and the hospitals are in life or death triage mode, then it would be best were people to isolate until the hospitals were back in semi-normal operation and the contagion numbers had dropped dramatically. But hey people, while such places exist here in America, they are the exception and NOT the rule.

howler, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  46. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    There needs to be a new pamphlet of Common Sense COVID-19 edition released...

But I don't blame the politician. I blame the voter wasting their one and only precious vote that was fought and bleed for.

howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  47. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    It's astounding how much this virus has totally changed people's perception of going to work. The culture here has always been that you go into work even if you have the flu. It was frowned upon by employers and employees if someone took time off work from the flu. You were supposed to "soldier on", despite illness.

TMT Tactical and howler like this.
  48. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    That's a good point. Perhaps the politicians want to drill a Millennial/socialist mantra into the populace. "Stay home and live by the system, citizen."

49. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends where you work, when I worked in an office I was told" stay home if you have the flu, we would rather pay you to stay home than come in and give it to everybody!".

50. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts: