The Realities Of Urban Survival Post Shtf

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by lonewolf, Oct 26, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      193/230

Blog Posts:
    Doesn't wan't to sound like bragging here, but I had live trough political riot in which I'm one the target because my name & signature is on a piece of political statement and my face in national TV, I had also seen what happen after the majority of government bureaucracy along with the majority of the police force and the military garrison suddenly dead (as in taken by mother nature) and the complete loss of law & order as a result. And suffice to say things was not always as bleak as it always been framed by all those survivalist / prepper articles. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that such situation will not occurs, however everything will depend mostly to the region initial socio-economic-cultural factors. In a place where the local folk has a culture of sticking-it-together will fare a lot better compare to region where the culture is the opposite.

Rebecca likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      Don't know if your old enough to remember when the coup occurred and Ferdinand Marcos was overthrown and exiled. It was a dangerous time in your country. I was there for the 6 weeks leading up to him leaving. The bases were locked down for the most part.
      When I was young, I had a bad habit of being in bad places at bad times. I learned to survive.

Dalewick, Oct 26, 2019
    2. varuna
      Dale, I'm not from Philippines I'm from Indonesia

varuna, Oct 26, 2019
    3. Dalewick
      Varuna, My apologies! For some reason I thought I had read that you were from the Philippines.
      Dale

Dalewick, Oct 26, 2019
  3. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    I would agree with scenarios detailed in the articles. Most are quite realistic, and could very well happen. I didn't see much in the way of solutions. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I am looking for an article that says Here is the Problem you may face, and Here are a couple of solutions to help alleviate or at least mitigate the problem. Am I asking for to much?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no you are quite right, the 2 articles only set out the problems, they do not give the solutions.
    people have to research the solutions, each might be different depending on one's personal situation.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.