The roller suitcase

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by Tom Williams, Jul 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I saw a roller suitcase at the curb for the trashman so i looked it over and threw it in the truck im turning it into a bugout bag its roomie will hold much more than a backpack plus it frrees up backpack for more clothing and a small kit the two together will be a nice set

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you mean those suitcases with a long handle and those tiny little wheels? that sound like a dumptruck when anyone pulls them across the pavement? much too noisy for me and I cant imagine their much fun pulling across land, still each to their own.

3. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Yep but i will fix it to my needs got a set of large lawn mower wheels a piece of wood and couple u bolts it will roll fine if i do that might just fix it up as get home bag for mrs blazer cost was good it was free lol

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    free is always good.

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    free is always good.

6. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    This would be nice for clothing ive made a camping bag out of it it has tent bedrolls and gear enough to set up a comfy camp if needed

7. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Those things are good on pavement etc but not off it!
    Get another and fix them on the back of a bike !
    Anything with wheels you intend taking off pavement/road needs wheels 18in or larger in dia, 6in of ground clearance, width the same or greater than wheel dia
    and the payload needs to be 4x the wheel dia ( in inchs) in kg or less! 18in = 72kg
    Anything less and it is better to just carry it!

A light box .6mx1.2m or there abouts and two large mountain bike wheels plus two long poles approx. three meters long and you get a cart you can easily drag most anywhere!
    If that box is sealed at the bottom and not overloaded it can even be floated across water!

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think these are a bit like prams or buggies, fine on a paved surface but hell to move across country.