The Silent Weapon Of Mass Destruction

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by remnant, Jul 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Kalashnikov might not have intended it but the gun and principally the AK-47 assault rifle has become a silent weapon of mass destruction. If you are a casual observer, you will realize that the availability of guns has put death a step away at the hands of all sorts from the disciplined forces to the deranged jilted lover. Where do we go from here?

2. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome fellow survivalist! Lately it seems with the knife attacks and the car and truck attacks (Nice, France) the suicide bombers doing their deal. So the rifle mentioned is just one of the many that has been and will continue to be used. When large truck is used to run over as many non armed civilians indiscriminately whomever was in front. Its clear to all but the idiots of the world that its the person who makes the "weapon" work. Be that weapon a large truck, a knife, a rifle, a car or whatever.

If you think death is only at the door step because of a gun. You are fooling yourself.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I've said this all along. I don't refer to my rifle as a weapon, it's a tool that just happens to be a firearm.
    There are a multitude of highly lethal things out there that can be bought without ID and carried legally, even bought online and shipped in the mail. I won't list them because I don't want to give any idiots out there any stupid ideas. The world is already dangerous enough.

koolhandlinc and GS AutoTech like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Hey remember when cave men did not have guns and they still killed each other bet they wish they had guns instead of rocks and sticks.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know, they seemed to be fairly proficient at killing without guns.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Kalashnikovs are not silent.
    You can develop botulinum toxin simply by canning beans incorrectly.
    One can elaborate lung-scorching chlorine gas by mixing two cleaning agents.
    Don't get me started on what can be accomplished with welding gasses.
    And then there is the pantheon of poisonous plants ... fantastic phantasms from fungi ...
    I could go on and on and on and ...
    Don't blame the weapon. Pandora's box was broken open long, long ago.

As to "... where do we go" from being shot at by AKs or whatever; if one is receiving fire, one returns fire. Quite simple, actually.

I could go to civilized neighborhoods in civilized parts of Canada or England or Sweden and scatter hundreds of thousands of handguns therein. Their behavioral patterns would NOT change. In America, those cultures who own the most firearms have the lowest homicide rates and those who own the fewest weapons have the highest homicide rates. The availability of firearms is not linked to homicide rates except in those populations who are unable to control their glandular activities. The civilized should not be asked to disarm because the uncivilized are unable to rise above satiating their physical desires.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  7. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Anyone who is intent on causing harm will do so with & by any means available. It's not the item used as a weapon. It's the person with the intent & commitment to do so.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  8. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    Its more fun to blame a gun! Lets hold hands and sing ! Sing! SING! :rolleyes:

9. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    I actually admired Mikhail Kalashnikov. Have you ever really studied the AK design. When I was pretty young. I got started really looking at his design. Its really pretty amazing.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  10. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    This is a concept some struggle with.

11. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    It is pretty neat. Look at the German STG44. I believe the AK derived alot if it's design based on captured WWII German weapons. They are strikingly similar.

koolhandlinc likes this.
  12. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    I will have to see if I can locate one someday. STG44 I mean.

Years ago. I saw some kits for AK type weapons that had the receiver cut. Made 2 that functioned but were not reliable. jammed. never could get the exactly spot ob. Actually junked them.

Now I don't own ant weapons like these. Decided guns going to get outlawed sooner or later. Be ahead of the game.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  13. TENNGRIZZ

TENNGRIZZ Expert Member
      148/173

Blog Posts:
    Look at it from a postmodern progressive viewpoint, has nothing more than post birth terminations, after all these attacks have lessened the climate foot print which is what all progressives want as long has it is not their climate footprint that gets lessened but someone elses. If one does not want nor like that idea a good suggestion is to find the will and the means to defend you and yours. The Governments of the World are the real weapons of mass destruction and western civilization is their intended target THAT TRANSLATES INTO YOU AND I . JMHO

koolhandlinc likes this.
  14. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    So they want to be the 500k and if we want a chance to be a part of it. We had better stick together.

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  15. TENNGRIZZ

TENNGRIZZ Expert Member
      148/173

Blog Posts:
    Either we hang together or we will surely hang separately.

jeager and koolhandlinc like this.
  16. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    American is the ONLY nation in the world with
    anything like a 2nd Amendment.

Wonder why the framers of our Constitution
    included a 2nd Amendment?

molon l'abe

Want my weapons? Come take them!

Contrary to snowflake opinions not backed
    up with FACTS the U.S. isn't even close
    to being a gun related murder nation.

The uninformed and ignorant need research
    FACTS before posting drivel.

Note! "ignorant" does not mean stupid.

It means not knowing. So learn!

Sampson slew 10,000 Philistines with
    the jaw bone of an ass.

Everyday the ignorant display the SAME
    WEAPON!

Just sayin'.
    Central and South America have the highest homicide rates in the world while European cities are least blighted by murder

The liberals and the liberal media have been
    trying for many, many, decades to disarm
    us citizens.

Why?
    Believe me it isn't the crime rate.

Gun control has NEVER been about guns.

It's ALWAYS been about PEOPLE control.

Listen: Semi truck loads of heroin and cocaine
    get smuggled into the U.S. and Canada
    DAILY with impunity.

How easy is it to smuggle guns into the U.S?

It's done every single day and those guns
    are used by criminals.

Get it?

17. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    According to Thomas Jefferson the Second Amendment was included for the same reason nearly everything in the constitution and the bill of rights was laid down the way it was. To keep the government from becoming onerous.

If you look at the original documents of the Constitution and Bill of Rights you will find a very well thpough out layering of rules that were intended to make the government something that free men could live with. Most of it has been eroded now but nonetheless you can still see the original intent if you look close.

There are 4 branches of the government. Now days they try to tell us that there are only three but that is a lie. Starting at the top you have the executive branch This is a group led by one person that has the limited power of SUGGESTING things and then casting the final vote on it as either a veto or a signature. He was never intended to have much individual power. The founding fathers were seriously afraid that the first President might decide he wanted to become king.

One of the reasons that Washington was the first president after the Government constitutionalism was rather simply because he was without issue and had no heir. That meant that a dynasty of Washingtons was not possible. They were sweating this more than we realize today. Most people aren't even aware that Washington was not Americas first President. He wasn't elected until 1789. We declared our independence in 1776. The first “President” was Samuel Huntington who was the President of the United States in the Congress Assembled followed by Thomas McKean in July 1781 and then John Hanson...

The next level of our government is the Judiciary. The top of this is the Supream court that was intended to have no power except the ability to judge whether a law or government action was constitutional and legal or unconstitutional and NOT legal. That was the only power intended for them. That also has been eroded and now when laws go to them they instead all to often basically rewrite the law.

The third level our the US government is the congressional branch which is divided into the Congress and the Senate. They are each elected based on a totally different intended sort of power. The congress is based on population numbers while the Senate is an every state rearguards of size is equal 2 Senators per state sort of thing. In order for any action that they take to become law it has to be passed by both houses after all sort of things intended to hamper this happening. Even after they pass it the Executive branch can veto it or the Judicial branch can declare it unconstitutional that throw it out.

The final and unmentioned and most important branch of our government is the constituency. That is WE THE PEOPLE. The legal voters of the country. We are supposed to decide who gets to serve in the congressional and executive branches. This is also being deeply eroded by the power of the parties that will do ANYTHING to insure that their representative will be first and foremost THEIR representative above all else. They now control the media and we the people are never really sure who or what they stand for or will do. They can lie without fear because next election their party will put them right back out and your choices will be limited to liars only.

Did you notice how each level had counter balances and controls where other branches could slap them down if they wandered from the right path? Well according to Thomas Jefferson the purpose of the second Amendment was simply there so that the PEOPLE could if necessary and the government became unresponsive to their desires return the power to the hands of the people by revolutionary means. When they used the word militia they did it to mean an armed force led by other than the government that represents to citizens. As a final protection the second amendment insured that the people could always force their will on the government. This is also why the military is forbidden to fight within the borders of the US without martial law being declared.

The military while led by the government is very limited in its powers and rights within the borders of the USA. Once again the founding fathers were seriously trying to make it impossible for the government to just take over and declare a non democratically elected rule.

Every level of our government was wrapped up in rules that limited that branch from just taking over or acting in a way that was harmful to the people in general. Even the people were limited. This was done so that our ways and rights would be protected even from a majority rule. This is why even minorities have rights that the majority might not approve of. The founding fathers were exceptional men and above all else understood the nature of people.

Many of the original founders of this country came here to get away from a world majority rules to the point of cruel insanity. Basically most people were Catholic or the British version of Catholicism and anyone that wasn't was fair game for anything up to and including being killed in the most awful ways possible. The founding fathers had had their noses well rubbed in the fact that even when a majority agrees with something that does NOT mean that it was right.

You asked and now you know...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    TENNGRIZZ, Old Geezer and GS AutoTech like this.
  18. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    The Bill of rights was written specifically BECAUSE the founding fathers knew all to well about the tyranny imposed by Gubment!
    The 2nd amendment especially so the people could defend themselves against that Gubment

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  19. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    But what happens when so many get into the government that they all fear the majority who are armed?

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  20. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    This Repulic relies on the morality of the people at large. The morals of this nation I feel have been in decline for a long time.
    I hold faith & hope close to me that it is possible to recover our values & right this nation.
    I also hedge those things by being prepared. That's why I'm here. ;)

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  21. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    The politicians have become experts at dividing people into groups & weakening their resolve. They create victims & promote dependency. Thru these means they generate votes that elect more politicians that do the same. This process to grows Gubment & is no accident.
    I like to think some folks are waking up to this & we can work to correct the situation. While I'm waiting on that I'll become more ready for what the world brings & when SHTF. I pray it never happens AS I'm preparing for it.

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Divide and conquer. The Government works hard to foment friction and problems between groups of people.

TENNGRIZZ and GS AutoTech like this.
  23. GS AutoTech

232/345

Blog Posts:
    Exactly, I'm watching the news right now. All these groups going wild over racial issues that are non issues ( or should be ) & the municipalities are all but endorsing it.

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  24. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

With respect I doubt there are any idiots here.

A firearm isn't a tool. It's a lethal weapon and needs to be treated as it such.

A knife can be a tool.

A tool can be a lethal weapon.

A firearm is a lethal weapon.

Period.

I have many.

I can cut bread with a survival knife.

I can't with a firearm.

A firearm can be a means of defense but it is LETHAL force.

A person can't be shot a little bit.

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  25. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Silent weapon of mass destruction???????????????

The AK, like most firearms, makes one hell of a lot of noise.

Care to rephrase?

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  26. TENNGRIZZ

TENNGRIZZ Expert Member
      148/173

Blog Posts:
    And those weapons that the cartels are using are given to them by the US Government through the military lend lease program. With the help of corruption of South American governments police and military.

27. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    If you read my post properly Jeager you would see that "I don't refer to my firearm as a weapon" is an incontrovertible statement...because I don't, I never have done.
    I use it as part of my work so of course I regard my firearm is a tool, it would only become a weapon if I were to use it as one. My firearm was designed for pest control and small game not for use against people.
    The point that I was attempting to make is that I can buy or combine much more deadly items from my local farm store or online, products that could be used to commit mass murder but are barely regulated.

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  28. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one and many are willing to expose it.

In my work I carried a firearm every day.

I would list all 30 special firearms and explosives schools I've completed but it would hog up
    too many electrons on this screen and I don't need to demonstrate doodley squat to anyone.
    I was also Chief of Investigations, Lt. Commander, S.W.A.T., drug raids, yadda, yadda, yadda.

If you doubt that I'll give you Massad Ayoobs home phone number and you can ask him.

We put on at least 3 seminars together.

I've lost track of the armed encounters I've been exposed too.

I've attended the Ohio Police Officers Training Academy many times and am certified in many

specialized areas.

Frankly I'm 100% burned out and 100% disabled. I just don't want no more.

Recently I was diagnosed as being bipolar in addition to the p.t.s.d d.s. and clinical depression.

Of the 50 some officers I served with, 5 others and myself are still alive. ( I think. )

Suicide took 4, exposure to chemical fires took many others, then there were
    break downs, and strokes.

To this day I'm crazy as an outhouse mouse.;):D:eek::rolleyes::p

The small city I policed ranked in the top 10 cities for violent crime. The year I came on the force
    it was #1.
    My first call, the first night on the job?? A shooting. A woman took a 12 gauge contact wound to the
    chest.............................and lived.:eek:

Thank for sharing your opinion(s), appreciated I assure you.:D

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Notes on 2nd amendment and use of word "weapon":

In high school, the use of the word "gun" was slammed out of me -- "gun" refers to an artillery piece. "This is my rifle. This is my gun. This is for killing. This is for fun."

The Founding Fathers of the U.S. had to put together a bunch of states who were anything but homogeneous. These colonies started out with VERY different people and goals. They had to be assured that they wouldn't be moving out from underneath one centralized government to another such situation with only a name change. Therefore they had to be guaranteed that they would keep their militias. Militias at that time were composed of the able-bodied men of communities and rural farms. The states would arm those who weren't armed with rifles themselves -- thus there existed state armories in addition to standing laws requiring men to bring their own rifles, powder, and ball.

Constitutionally, there was to be no standing army save in times of war -- the fed literally needed the states to come together with their own militias on such occasions. Now as to the Navy, the Navy was funded to keep open sea lanes. Sea-going escorts were mandatory. Early on, America had huge troubles with Barbary pirates (not to mention ongoing issues with Great Britain). We found out quickly that Marines needed to be on-board our ships to take on Barbary pirates who would pull along side ships and spill on-board as the means of attack. The young nation could not even begin to pay the ransoms that the British and French routinely paid to these North African Muslim pirate-states. John Adams thought that he could pay-off the pirates. Jefferson somehow got the ships built to go over there and wipe out their enclaves. Americans should read about this part of our history, because it is informative as to how to handle savage peoples.

The Founding Fathers would have considered it utterly inconceivable that government would ever have the power to tell its citizens what firearms they could own and not own. America at its founding was not composed of serfs.

TENNGRIZZ likes this.
  30. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    A firearm is a tool. You may use it for killing things but that is YOU not the tool. Liberals have been trying to blame the bad ole guns for decades and it is bull poopy. Guns don't jump up and kill people. People take them and may use them to kill but that was the will of the person and not the will of Dat evil ole gun. I have shot thousands and thousands of rounds and yet strangely I have not killed a living thing in decades. Turning the tool into a weapon does not make the weapon lethal as much as the person turned that baseball bat, pipe wrench or golf club into a lethal weapon. Sorry chief but this is fact. I can cut your throat with a letter opener but that doesn't mean that all letter openers are lethal weapons...

The United States isn't intended to be a true Republic. Rather it was and still, is sort of, a confederacy of mostly independent states. Lincoln was the first Republican and had he lived would have seen to the end of the United States and turned it into the Republic of America. THAT in a nut shell was what the civil war was about. Unfortunately History is written mostly by the winners and so most everything that you were taught about Lincoln or the Civil War is fabricated.

Lincoln was not trusted and so they actually put a Vice President on him that was NOT a Republican and not even close to him politically. In the end that was what killed him. He had powerful enemies on both sides and as soon as the war was over and he started to carry out his plans to make the USA the Republic of America he was killed. I'm honestly not sure who was truly behind the deed and there are a lot of questions about all of it that were never answered.

Andrew Johnson immediately tore apart the Lincoln plan to crush the South followed by a suspension of state rights in the Union states. He allowed the Southern States to rejoin the Union and reestablished their representatives. They tried to impeach him for this but were unsuccessful because most of the Representatives of the Union states were not a fan of losing their rights either. The civil war was never about slavery and the Emancipation Proclamation didn't free a single slave. There were 5 Union States that were slave holding states THEY were no freed by that stupid proclamation. It ONLY applied to slaves in the Confederate states over which he had no authority.

"The border states during the Civil War were the slave states that didn't leave the Union. These states included Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, and Missouri. West Virginia, which separated from Virginia during the war, was also considered a border state."

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  31. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Jeager, you were a cop, your sidearm was purposed for self defense, therefore it was a weapon. There is a big difference between your firearms and my own... Mine is a .22lr, for use against small game that doesn't shoot back, while it still demands care while using it and its no toy its simply not in the same league as firearms that were designed as weapons. You can be as dismissive as you like of my opinion, I still don't agree with you. I didn't say that it couldn't be used as a weapon, (almost anything can be used as a weapon) simply that "I don't refer to it as a weapon" and have never used it as one.

32. Blacky

Blacky New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    From my european view it makes no sense to have an assault rifle for survival. The need for hunting game in Europe in a survival situation is nearly impossible. During all catastrophic events I survived no one went hunting! Even if you think about doing so it would be much more effective with a hunting rifle as with an AK47. If we think about wartime and total breakdown of civil food suplies. There is also no assault rifle needed - if you have such a stockpile of supplies that you might think of defending yours the government would confiscate your belongings very soon. They wouldn't care if you have to be shot. And they will do it - so this is the worst case of survival because then you don't survive. Maybe you think you need it for fighting against other non prepared people - but this isn't my spirit of community. We live together with a lot of other people and keeping this sharing network between neighbours strong is the best way to defend. Share the knowledge and all will survive.

33. TENNGRIZZ

TENNGRIZZ Expert Member
      148/173

Blog Posts:
    You are from Europe so I do not expect you to understand but American Patriots will never ever give up our weapons,no matter what the government does or says period!

34. Blacky

Blacky New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    America has a different enviroment and I see the difference in the need defending your own land. Personal I like the "Territorial Army" where everyone has weapons at home for defending the fatherland. But I see also the problems if war ammunition is at home, too. The effects are visible at Switzerland.

35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a gun on its own will not and cannot kill anyone, its the person holding the gun that is the killer not the gun itself.
    I wish these anti gun nuts would realise that.

36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there seems to be the assumption on some forums that we will forever post SHTF be in a perpetual firefight, which is far from the truth, sometimes some of us will be so bored that they will actually look forward to meeting other people.
    forget firefights,unless you expect to remain in the cities post collapse, its putting food on the table which will take up most of our waking hours.

37. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Depending on where you are growing enough to eat isn't a very hard job. I figure that after the first 18 months things will settle and farming on a hand to mouth level will be pretty common. It will be a little hard because by coming down to it again instead of up to it as a=was done in the past there will be very few beasts of burden available. People in the now civilized parts of the world will be knocked back to a period before animal powered farming. The areas that are now the least advanced will suddenly be better off than today's first world nations once their populations are massively thinned.

38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we will be plunged back into a pre industrial revolution type lifestyle, everything will be done by hand, we wont be growing huge fields or prairies of wheat and corn, it will all be subsistence farming, what we might refer to here in Britain as "allotment" or vegetable garden growing, and there is unlikely to be enough surplus to start trading again- even if this is safe to do-which I doubt.
    a lot of the land here will be unusable, the high use of mono cropping- growing the same thing in the same field year after year is only possible by the high use of imported fertilisers and pesticides which wont be available post SHTF.
    given the acreage available here in the UK- which gets less and less every year as they build more houses on it, we can only feed about 25% of the current population, the rest is made up of imported food which wont be available post SHTF.

39. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that we will slide even further back than that Lonewolf. Before the industrial revolution you had millions of draft animals doing the heavy work and people trained in the many trades like blacksmiths, harness makers, cobblers making shoes and such. We don't have those animals nor the people that would allow us to take advantage of them if we did. That means that we will slide back to the point just past the hunter gatherers when agriculture was mostly an individual effort that most every small clan tended to themselves with only human power.

40. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, hence my reference to allotment gardening.
    during the middle ages we had things in Devon that were referred to as "Leper" fields, these were long narrow strips of land that were used by each family to grow all their food and raise a few animals, some of these are still noticeable in the odd place even now although they are getting less and less as farms become larger and larger.

41. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "even now although they are getting less and less as farms become larger and larger."

THAT in a nut shell is why we are going to fall sooooooo far back. We will end up not far above the caveman for a little while. EVERYTHING that people used to do for themselves is now done by BIG business. A few Big thousands acre farms replaces the thousands of small one family farms that existed just a couple of generations ago. Big canning companies do what women on those farms used to do for each family. Big pharmaceutical companies have displaced the older home remedies which actually did work in lots of situations. On and ON... The problem isn't that these big companies do these things for us though. The problem is that people in general have lost the individual knowledge that my Grandparents thought was just comon knowledge that everyone knew. I actually know young people that don't know how to cook past putting things in a microwave or a frozen dinner in an oven and lots of kids don't even use the oven.

At almost every level today's proud ignorance is going to be deadly. We are going to be like the dogs that idiots used to dump out in the country when I was really WAY back in the woods. People seemed to think that a dog could somehow fend for itself. We used to have to periodically hunt and kill them. Most of them were so sick and worm infested that it was a kindness. Wolves worm themselves. Dogs have the instinct to do it but don't know which grasses and such to eat to actually kill the parasites. Most have the instinct to hunt but can't manage to make a kill. A few seem to learn but the vast majority die a slow and miserable death if they aren't killed or taken in. That will be the lot of a vast majority of people.

Knowing humans as I do I suspect that the only hope for many will be some sort of slavery where they do the hard physical work for people that actually know what to do in exchange for being fed and housed much like the few stray dogs that find someone to feed them. This theme has repeated itself over and over in nearly all cultures all over the world. Just because our big companies have made food a seemingly inexhaustible and easily gotten commodity today in most civilized places doesn't mean that the people have changed. When getting enough to eat returns to a more individual hand labor intensive labor the people that know how will gladly allow those that don't to do the hard work for a share.

The thing is that there is so much more to it than just growing or raising the animals for the food. What is a person that doesn't even know how to make soup going to do with the meat from a 500 lb animal...? Let is mostly rot. We have lost almost all of the knowledge that made civilization possible. Now we are turning what LITTLE we still knew over to computers. In another generation I'm not sure that humanity as a species could survive TEOTWAWKI because now what we seem to be giving up isn't just the knowledge but also the ability to actually THINK! You don't have to anymore if you need to know something you grab your phone and look it up if you are a kid. I actually had a 25 year old tell me that he was a crack shot. He based this on a rating off a damn video game and can't actually tell the difference between that "reality" and the one I live in. He also "knows" all the different knots because he has them as an app on his phone!! SERIOUSLY????

The percentage that will survive a major near extinction level event is plummeting with each generation. We have wandered down a DEAD end road as a species and if we don't have something knock us off/out of it soon the future generations won't stand a chance. This won't be the first time for us as a species. Our DNA shows that about 50,000 years ago mankind was nearly wiped out. The genetic diversity of people is so small that we must have all come from a small group of survivors that numbered as few as a thousand. TEOTWAWKI isn't something that might happen some day. It is something that happens pretty damn often and is GOING to happen again and again as long as we sit on this one world and watch the rocks and such fall on our heads both in a real and metaphorical way.

42. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no argument from me on that one Tex, I agree with every word you have said and I have been saying the same thing over here in Britain for many years now.
    the problem with technology is that we are so reliant as a race on this that when it fails, and it will, we as a race will fail as well. its just a matter of time, every human civilisation that has ever been has collapsed at some point in time, so will we-we are not exempt, we just have further to fall is all.
    nobody cooks from fresh anymore, its bung it into a microwave and nuke it, nobody has got time to cook it from fresh and they don't know how to anyway.
    it has been said that here in Britain we are 4 generations removed from the land(not me, my mother was a farmers daughter) and most city folk are frightened of the countryside, I mean the REAL countryside not some ruralised theme park!