The Survivalist - Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Koala, Jul 1, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I've seen several threads about good survival movie so here is one that I have seen very recently and it is ALL about survival.

The movie is called The Survivalist, it was made in 2015, and it is a great movie that forces you to think - ''What would I do in this situation'' and so on.

The plot is: something has happened to the world that we know of (I won't spoil) and we watch this guy trying to survive from a small plot of land that he is trying to cultivate. He is constantly on the watch for other survivors that could threaten his existence. He lives in a small sheltered house that he built and protected when one day two women appear at his doors. Everything he knew and thought started to change.

I'd highly suggest that you watch the movie. It is very different because instead of having tons of dialogue it focuses on pure survival aspects.

2. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    That sounds like a good movie. One movie I liked as a kid was My Side of the Mountain. It is about a boy who survives in the wildnerness. I think it was after a plane crash. I read the book in elementary school. I am not sure how true to life it is, but I really liked the book and the movie that came out later. I haven't seen it for a long time, but I am sure there were some real survival lessons in there.

AuntB likes this.
  3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, I will check that one out.
    Keith.

Koala likes this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I just watched the trailer looks good

Koala likes this.
  5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes a good movie, I did not recognise the name, but I have posted this movie on here before.
    Keith.

6. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have never watched The Survivalist, therefore, I cannot add anything on the discussion going here. However, I have watched many survival movies. My favorite survival movie, also an all time favorite movie is Castaway. The protagonist is stranded in uninhabited island, he survives harsh weather and hard life in the island. The movie features Tom Hanks. I think this is one of the finest movie from Tom Hanks.

7. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for posting and recommending this movie. I will definitely check this out.
    It's not everyday or every week when someone suggests a good movie, and come to think of it, it's a survival movie! :D

8. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Another movie which is good, but not a survival movie per se, is Unbroken. It is a true story of a man's survival against impossible odds. Even though most of the movie details the man Louie. Zamperelli being detained in a Japanese Prison camp during WWII, the first part of the movie has to do with survival in a life raft which was about 45 days.

pebblehill likes this.
  9. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Looks like a great movie. I'll definitely have to go check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

10. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    It seems to be a good movie and would definitely impact on my survival skills. I will definitely give it a go.

11. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    One movie that is so hauntingly sad and would not leave your memory for a good time is 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjama. I watched with my kids and we cried. It was so sad :(

12. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

13. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I've heard of the Survivalist movie but I've never watched it. The survivalist show that comes to mind is the Walking Dead, which to be honest, I really don't like because it's too bloody and the plot seems a little out there. It doesn't really show anything about how to survive when the shtf, it mainly just shows how to run from and kill zombies. The only reason I have watched the Walking Dead is because my daughters watch it and I just happened to be there. I'm gonna look the Survivalist movie up tonight and watch it. Thanks for sharing.