The toughest job you have ever held?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by remnant, Jul 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I remember when I used to survive financially and I decided to take up a temporary job as a quarry worker. It involved lifting large numbers of heavy stones and transporting them up a steep hill to the loading zone. Additionally, I have also worked in tall buildings lifting heavy stones upstairs to the 7th floor of building under construction.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    building dry stone walls on our national park.

3. Kev Brown

Kev Brown Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    I once worked in a frozen supplies warehouse facility. It was -20 degrees and required special thermal clothing. Even with regular breaks your breath would freeze on your balaclava, it was tough to get through.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think probably when I was working at constructing a railroad through the desert working 13 to 16 hours a day for a $1.42 an hour. We were working for an American company, MKMO & they were real bastards. Terrible food out on the job. A lot of people died on that job.
    Keith.

5. MrsVanWinkle

MrsVanWinkle New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    This probably doesn't sound bad, but it was. I worked as an assistant to a private detective. It was probably the worst job I've ever had as well as the most short-lived. The man was nice, but he was the most disorganized person I have ever worked for. He had no idea how to be a boss. I would show up and sometimes he wouldn't know how to explain what I should do, would micro-manage what I was doing, or would have no work for me to do at all. Once, I turned up and couldn't get into the office and sat in the hallway for over an hour waiting for him to turn up with a key that would actually work. I was nearly in tears because I was so frustrated.