" There Cannot Be Plan B Because There Will Be No Planet B"

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by iamawriter, Jun 2, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    After the announcement by Trump to withdraw from the Paris Climate change deal with a suggestion that could be re-negotiation on certain terms the French President said that there cannot be Plan B as there would be no Planet B It was a very well thought out sentiment.

How do you look at the situation?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As I see it our planet is polluted, the atmosphere, the earth, & our waterways. You can call Global warming climate change if you like, or you can even deny it is happening like Turnbull & Trump, but regardless the planet is in trouble & so are we. Pollution & climate change deniers either do not give a damn, or they do so for monetary profit. Or both!!!Meanwhile, us, the people, have to do the best we can with what we have at our disposal. The government & big business are our worst enemy.
    Keith.

koolhandlinc and iamawriter like this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes the planet is being polluted and needs cleaning up!
    But CO2 is NOT I repeat NOT a pollutant it is plant FOOD! and so a core NEED for human survival!

I am against pollution but I am pro eating!

So I am pro nuclear power, anti garbage! and pro cheap energy as energy is what makes the world go round!

And I dislike being insulted by being called a denier! I do not deny science fact only science fiction and global warming is fiction!

4. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Trump's intended direction is to ignore the possible devastating effects of his desire to go back to environmentally unfriendly practices in order to up production as part of his quest to make America again. Therefore, the planet will suffer if he gets his way. If the greatest power is adamant that it can cast aside environmentally safe practices for its own gratification, how easy will it be to enforce any sanctions on other reluctant parties? The good thing is that China, which is one on the major pollution producing countries is making an effort to clean up their environment.

Keith H. and iamawriter like this.
  5. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    It is a pity that whoever is in this never thought that finally it is the individuals who are responsible if the world has to survive. I agree with you.
    That 'drops made an ocean' is so true. Each of us should be able to say that we have left a better world behind.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    I am with @Keith H on this. No matter what grandiose plans every nation has in containing pollution finally it is the individuals that actually controls it. No one can dismiss the mega role of an individual in every sphere of life

Keith H. and koolhandlinc like this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Climate Change was reported on as far back as 2006, it was stated at that time the "point of no return" was 10 years if nothing was done, nothing was done so we are past that point now, all we can do as preppers is to live with rising temperatures and to adapt to the changing circumstances.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    The world was here before we were
    It ever changing and adapting and will be here long after we have gone
    We can't easily destroy the earth only our ability to live on it
    The earth has bin a ball of molten lava it's bin a frozen waste land infested by dinosaurs and pledged by mankind (some say flooded as well)
    We say we know what going to happen with the world climate yet we find it hard to predicted the weather for the following week
    For all we know this is the earth cycle where it wipes the fleas (us) off its back and starts fresh with who survive

Keith H., koolhandlinc and iamawriter like this.
  9. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    So we just move on and live the way we want to regardless of how our lifestyle can contribute to pollution, and other situations that could destroy the earth.

We can conserve energy if we are careful. We can conserve water if we can use it sparingly. We can plant more trees . Here is a couple from the US who gave up everything and have created a forest in an area of 300 acres here in India

http://www.thebetterindia.com/16294...e-sanctuary-hosts-animals-like-bengal-tigers/

They believe that the earth requires to be taken care of by individuals more than what government can do it. We cannot leave the world to its own devices because we are interfering with its plans.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    Much water has flowed under the bridge since 2006 and so just because we have survived till now does not guarantee that we will continue to survive. I believe that we have to give back to earth what we have destroyed which is there for everyone to see. I have planted several trees in our compound and feel I have played a small role. Concrete jungles are mushrooming everywhere.

Keith H. likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    overpopulation by humans has a lot to do with it, the optimum population for my country was supposed to be 50 million, we have already exceeded this, now at 65 million and counting, they reckon it will be 90 million by 2050.

12. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Climate changes will happen no matter what. They have been happening long before we came to exist. And they will keep happening, with or without us. Our problem lies in pollution, waste disposal and similar topics. We are poisoning the earth itself. That's where our thoughts should go.

Keith H. likes this.
  13. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    That brings us to the truth and that is only individuals can contain the situation. It is the individual that can keep the surroundings clean and it is the individuals can mess up the surroundings. It is the individuals can plant trees - drops make an ocean. Even conservation of water and energy is in the hands of the individual

Keith H. likes this.
  14. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    That is true indeed, although there are still bigger problems every nation should concentrate on, inside their borders. Firstly, fix what is wrong. Second, think of a new ways of making certain things work better, such as waste disposal. Having problems with clear water? There are machines that can extract clean water from feces, completely safe. We must enforce countries to find and help brilliant minds with similar ideas, create something that would actually benefit from waste and such. Recycling is nice, but there are still many other issues like waste disposal around the planet. Burning it doesn't fix the issue. Nuclear waste is another big issue. Why not just send it into the space? :p Surely, lots of these things are costly, but if we aim to fix certain issues, we sometimes have to get involved as well

Keith H. likes this.
  15. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Hopefully the Earth will continue to have life on it.

16. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    You could well be right lonewolf, though in fact climate change was first mentioned about 40 years ago. The world had plenty of time to change things but failed to do so.
    Keith.

17. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post, totally agree.
    Keith.

18. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually London only reached it's pre war population numbers in 2015, & France & Germany had a similar result. A lot of people died in WW2.

Keith.

19. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Please show me actual facts about global warming!

Yes the earth warms and cools in cycles!
    It seems Mars the planet has a global warming problem also!
    Is it there over population and/or there mega industrial complex warming there planet??

Nope!!!! There are far bigger forces involved in warming or cooling earth than a few billion fleas on its surface!
    All you believers would do well to reconsider the forces involved and realise we are not even players in this game!
    We are mere spectators watching mighty forces at play!
    So just shut up and watch the game ok!

20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes and I knew a few mothers who tried to repopulate the country after ww2 all on their own!!:D

21. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Personally I don't think sending nuclear waste into space is a good idea. Firstly it will produce more debris circling our planet, secondly other races on other planets are not likely to appreciate it if it strays near their planet. No, the only answer is to stop using nuclear power stations & war heads, leave the stuff in the ground.
    Keith.

22. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Sending nuclear waste or any waste for that matter is an awesome idea so long as it is set for a crash course with the sun!
    As the sun is the ultimate incinerator or disintergrator!
    Just putting it in orbit or such is complete folly!

23. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    That statement about increase, multiply and fill the earth which God supposed to have said has been totally misunderstood. How can that be right if it only means people. This earth has only that much space. Surely it meant increase and multiply other things such as greenery....the works.

24. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Apparently Trump misunderstood the presentation which lead to his decision. I gotta say that's a bit terrible for someone who runs an entire country, and a country as large as the United States. The politics there is a mess so I'd rather not get into it; but these sort of decisions really impact everyone on the planet, not just the ones in the US. I really hope the people behind this can get together and find a common ground. I don't think we have much time left to act on a preventive measure. Soon it's just going to be damage control.

Keith H. likes this.
  25. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Good point. And probably the best solution from keeping nuclear waste away from the Earth. Sure, it might be costly, but it would prove more healthy for the planet and people if it was sent towards the sun.

26. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Typical Trump grandstanding about an issue that affects all countries around the world. He should have just done this deal for international relationships. I mean I don't see how it would hurt US businesses to go along . I don't it would be that hard on the US economy.

Keith H. likes this.
  27. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think Trump in the US is the same as Turnbull in Australia, both are for the wealthy & the big corporations, neither give a damn about the common people. Stopping polluting emissions from large corporation sites will cost money, so both Turnbull & Trump want to avoid upsetting their mates/money donations/power brokers. They are all about money & power, & neither of them can get enough. So long as people like this "rule", & the system that allows corruption stays in place, we the people will never have a voice & will always be the underdog. It just goes to show how stupid, mindless & ignorant the majority of people are, that they would allow this earth to be destroyed rather than pull their heads out of the sand.
    Keith.

28. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Some doctors have been observing Trumps behavior and compared it to his earlier stages of life and they think he might be slowly losing it on the mental point. Not saying it because I'm against him or not, but I do remember I have read this on one US politics forum. But yeah, in general, a man like him would rather have their mates in good standing than go with the majority

Keith H. likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The biomass of the Earth is increasing. Plants breath in CO2 and exhale O2, so forests are thriving. However, rain forests grow in soil that when made barren by de-forestation, can't recover. The soils goes useless. So, you cut the forest to grow grasses for cattle -- OK, so that works a year or three, then the soil is shot, finished. I don't even thing that nitrogen-replenishing cover crops take hold.

Other types of forests do super-well with increased CO2 and can bounce back, even from clear-cutting (should large root size plants / cover-crops / leave-some-trees are grown until the next forest takes hold). Can't cut redwoods either -- don't let the Japanese park any of their wood processing ships off your coast.

Climate change has as some of its origin human activity, however the lion's share is due to the Sun's activity, solar flares and such.

The Earth used to have ferociously higher CO2 levels. A lot of species could die. The cessation of the Gulf Stream could stop keeping Europe warm = mini ice age. There could be a massive loss of human life ... so it goes.

Keith H. likes this.
  30. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Ah, I like the way you are thinking. People don't really know much about CO2 and GH gasses. Water vapor is the first and most essential one. CO2 is an excellent thing for forests. Sure, we might have increased the global temperatures, but with all the gases and the current stage of life of our Sun, our planet would have temperatures like -15 if we had no GH gases. A lot of people do not pay attention to this. And a lot of people do not know a lot about how Sun affects us, how Earth actually rotates. It does not spin in a regular circle as you would think. And than if you really want to point out CO2 without knowing what it does, and how it works within our atmosphere go research a bit about Venus and Mars, pay attention to their CO2 levels, their atmosphere, their temperatures and their proximity to the Sun. This is probably not even half the picture either.

31. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Massive Coral Growth at the Great Barrier Reef Continues to Defy all the Fashionable Doomsday Climate Predictions"

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/04...the-fashionable-doomsday-climate-predictions/

"The near vertiginous rise in the annual growth of coral at the Great Barrier Reef (GBR) is continuing, with further major increases recorded across large areas. According to the 2021-22 annual summary from the Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS), levels of coral cover in the northern and central areas of the reef were at their highest levels over the past 36 years of monitoring.

"The growth is of course excellent news for environmentalists, but curiously, at the time of writing, the news is being downplayed in the mainstream media. The demise of the world’s coral reefs has long been a go-to poster scare story for Net Zero promoters. As late as October 2020, the BBC was telling stories about the Reef losing half of its coral. The Guardian was one of the first to set the coral doomsday ball rolling when George Monbiot told its readers in 1999 that the “imminent total destruction of the world’s coral reefs is not a scare story”. Noting the recent record growth, the newspaper added that “global heating could jeopardise recovery”.

"This notion that global warming will cause corals to die is frankly a big whopping fib [lie, intentional lie; Old Gzr]. Tropical coral, which is closely related to its cnidarian cousin the jellyfish, thrives in waters between 24°C and 32°C. It is highly adaptable but seems to dislike sudden changes in temperature, often caused by natural weather oscillations such as El Niño events. As the latest results from the AIMS show, coral quickly recovers when normal localised conditions return. In fact, coral often grows faster in warmer waters nearer the equator than the GBR. The big agitprop lie suggests minor long-term sea temperatures changes will wipe out the coral, but the scientific evidence suggests otherwise."

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Coral dies when it is bleached, it goes white and it dies, large portions of the great barrier reef in Australia are dead and dying anything up to 50%.

TMT Tactical likes this.