There's always that one person...

Discussion in 'Zombie Apocalypse' started by Damorale, Jun 1, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Damorale

Damorale Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    ... who says if there was a zombie apocalypse, they would kill themselves straight away. The person decides the horror of being eaten by a crazed human being would be too much to bear, and end their life to avoid it happening.

I always think these people haven't considered whether it might be possible to survive the zombies, or if they have decided it's inevitable that once there is an outbreak, there is no escape.

I feel there would always be a possibility of living, and until death was certain, I could never pre-emptively end it all. I can't understand how someone could choose to not try and survive, even in the face of tiny odds.

Bishop and The slow slinker like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    many people over the years have said to me on various forums "i don't want to survive(SHTF) if I cant have.............." (usually access to technology/mobile phones, their current standard of living, foreign holidays or even "coffee to go"), well fine, there are going to be casualties in any catastrophe, I expect to see an increase in suicide post event as people begin to wake up to the inevitably of the situation.

keenonthedaywalker likes this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yep suicides will soar as well as murder suicides etc!

4. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I've heard that conclusive statement many times before! I think to myself, "How defeatist can someone be?" To those people who'd rather take the easy way out: Hey, man, if you want to give up all hope, then fine. The world's better off.
    I do believe @Damorale is correct in saying these kinds of people haven't considered anything outside of how troublesome life could potentially become. Honestly, the zombie apocalypse is the probably the only apocalypse humanity might be able to deal with. Combating A.I. or aliens or mutant invaders, well, then maybe they'd have a reason to not want to stick around and see where humanity ends up.

keenonthedaywalker likes this.
  5. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    Suicide might seem like some answer in the face of difficulties but as the worst that will happen is people not getting modern conveniences I think fighting to survive is well worth it. After a few years once the survivors have stopped missing everything that is gone, they may actually get to realize that life without electricity, electronics, etc, etc isn't all that bad.

As for being eaten alive, you must be willing and ready to fight to the very last second.

lonewolf likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    at last! someone gets it!. I've been saying this for years on every forum I have ever been on.

7. The slow slinker

The slow slinker New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Suicide might be good option if your surrounded and out of bullets but you have to at least try

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'd go down fighting.

Bishop likes this.