This Is A Super Deal.....or Dirt Cheap Thread Protectors.

Discussion in 'Gun building, Maintenance, and Care.' started by Sourdough, Aug 26, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In my operation area I have no need of flash hiders. However even in the wilderness, if I stop for any reason I always park my tools muzzle down. So I ordered a half dozen of these, because they keep the the muzzle from slipping, and keep the crown from the dirt and gravel.

I will likely grind the prongs back shorter. I have been paying $9.99 to $12.99 for good quality stainless steel thread protectors. And these puppies are $5.99 (Sweet deal for thread protectors)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Sourdough,

Hadn't read the link yet.

The fitting pictured above was on the M16 rifle for several years. It allowed the opening of cases of C-ration cartons bound in heavy wire. Yes, the parkerized finish came off from the wire contact.

It was the infantry who had problems with the 3 prongs getting caught / tangled in jungle shrubbery (natural barbed wire). This led to the modification and new nickname of "birdcage M-16".

I used the M-60 MG much. It always had the birdcage fitting. Flashes weren't hidden; just diffused into a star shape.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Anybody need rope? This came to me from Atwood Rope. Personally, I didn't see any earth-shattering deals. Atwood does sell mil-spec rope varieties ... and at retail price. I've bought some paracord and it did have the Kevlar line, the fireproof line, the fishing line, ... .

https://atwoodrope.com/collections/mystery-boxes

They appear to have stacks of leftovers, but doesn't seem like any real deal to me, but maybe y'all can find a deal on something you want.

TMT Tactical likes this.