Thoughts on TEOTWAWKI

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Keith H., Jun 12, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      345/460

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts on TEOTWAWKI

Normal survival situations in Australia are pretty easy to prepare for. That does not mean that you will survive, we all make mistakes, but fire, flood & drought are common in Australia & we all know what precautions to take. I survived cyclone Tracey in 74, I was not prepared, neither were many others in Darwin. We had so many warnings that came to nothing, that we became apathetic. Australia's motto is "she'll be right mate", well sh wasn't right mate in Xmas 74, & I think it would be a big mistake to take peace & our safety for granted now.

So what are we prepping for? Well for those that have not had their heads buried in the sand, it is pretty obvious that the threat comes from within. From our own totally corrupt government. How far is the government willing to go to remove all our civil & human rights? I can't answer that, but just look at the rights we have lost already, look at the militarization of our Police Service. Mining now takes precedent over farming & the livelihood of Farmers. Mining takes precedent over Australia's environment. Corrupt council rates (tax) hikes have seen people evicted from the homes they actually own, & those homes sold by the council, & some people wonder why so many of us WISH that the s**t would hit the fan!!!

A TEOTWAWKI is a little harder to prep for, because we don't know what it may entail. The best we can do is assume that city life will no longer be safe, & that our survival lies in going bush. Some like myself & my family are already here, we are totally off grid. In the past I have lived for about 30 years without electricity, so if our solar power should malfunction, then it is not a problem. We have been off grid now for about 40 years. However, even though we are equipped & feel that there are enough of us to protect what we have against raiders, there is always the possibility that we may at some time have to leave our forest retreat. This too we are trained & equipped for.

We do not expect there to be too much competition in regards to hunting for food. Most so called preppers rely on modern equipment, & others are not really prepared at all. Few will have any experience in hunting & trapping, & fewer again will make it out of the cities alive. I have lived in the country all my life, & I know the limitations of modern technology. Those that start off with mostly modern survival gear will eventually find themselves living a stone age lifestyle, IF they survive at all! Those that depend only on pre 19th century equipment & skills will in my opinion never drop below that level of comfort.

Keith.

http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/my-book-primitive-fire-lighting-ebook.html

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHEOMSZJETfj3GnoyONuvCQ?view_as=public

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I lived off grid for at least five or six years when I was at the tropical countryside. It was during mid nineties so It was not so bad, right now with internet and lots of commodities that depend of electricity I can't say that for certain.

By experience, I can say militarization of Police services is really awful. Innocent people died because some soldier shot
    on sight someone that he thought was a pursued criminal. Military is not trained the same way as law enforcement members, so they make poor police.

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I do not prep for any specific event, I prep for all the feasible ones!
    As I have lived city, town and bush, I will not condemn any location for all have there pro's and con's.
    Likewise I will not condemn any ethnic group nor locational group!
    Being a prepper/survivalist will not elevate you above the mass's
    It merely gives one a slight head start how one uses that head start is everything.
    City people think country folks are slow, and country folks think city people are stupid!
    neither are right! and both are wrong!
    Anyone who thinks city folk can't get out here because of such and such is seriously deluding themselves,
    You can reduce the odds but you cant eliminate them, desperate city folk can shoot, some are highly trained ex soldiers, some are smart some are stupid
    some have usefull skills some don't all will be desperate!
    Anyone who underestimates any one or group will suffer!

The thing I hear/see on many forums is always " I am the best" the rest are stupid! it turns religious for many and they have blind faith in there way to the
    exclusion or just lip service to any other way!
    My way is the only right way, any other way is stupid!:rolleyes: