Ticks: Precautions For Safety

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Apr 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news...cautions-when-spending-time-outdoors/2249789/

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

The quarantine has us stuck home with authorities allowing for outdoor exercise away from the dwelling.

This leads to safety against tick bites.

Article is a timely reminder.

Last year the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services alerted us to a new tick species here: the Long Horned Asian Tick - or some very similar name. I must sharpen the machete and get out the DEET spray.

I've had Lyme Disease and never learned - I probably forgot - the distinction between it and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever....a different bacteria ?

Meanwhile, now you can guess why I hate the many Bambi (plural) on my dirt. They drop off the ticks.

Summary: Besides the COVID-19 pandemic, the pending hurricane season here in Hurricane Alley, we must also confront ticks. Still, it's better than other matters to worry about.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety