To All Members.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Dec 24, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I second that motions. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New year to one and all.

Brownbear likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Ho Ho Ho ! -- Merry Christmas wishes from Bad Santa (not in keeping with the importance of the season:cool:)

upload_2022-12-24_9-52-29.png o_O:rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    To all our forum members and guests, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and may your New Years wishes come true.

Brownbear likes this.
  5. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Yes, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Thank you and seasons greetings to all of you. Merry Christmas and a happy new year. Here’s hoping you stay safe during this extreme cold spell

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If y'all got snow, I hope it was pretty, yet didn't ruin your Christmas travel.

Just put 680 miles on our little rice-rocket (got a new battery in it, gave us trust). Was 340 miles southwest. Guess where we ran into snow? A: down further south:confused:. Should have taken the SUV ! ; better tires, 4 wheel drive. Roads first snowed-over then started going icy :eek:. Couldn't put on the high beams of the car, else that more light caused near white-out. Great looking at all the snow in the mountains (4,000+ ft; 1220+ meters), but only want a dusting in the valleys (1500ft; 455m). Sure got a lot more than a dusting and this was at night when temperatures dived below freezing. Wife was terrified.

Heading down, everything was going great ... then right at the end of that leg, hello snow. Today, driving back, all of the snow had been cleared from the highways. Fellow drivers and I were able to stat at 75 to 80 mph (I rarely hit 90; 81 mph is like 130 kph).

Grandson has .50 black powder rifle. On the way back, at an outdoor store, I found a powder measure. He didn't have one, thus he and his dad have yet to shoot it. Getting an old-timey muzzle-loader going is a survival goal. Caps and .50 cal lead balls used to be cheap. Now I'm afraid to look at the prices. Recently, I priced Pyrodex and it wasn't bad in price. Hodgdon now makes 50 call Pyrodex pellets -- just shove 2 of these down the bore of a .50 and you have 100 grain equivalents.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      Glad you and the wife made it home safely. Black powder weapons are unique critters. Powder is measures by volume, not grains, like smokeless powder. Loading and shooting these critters takes on a whole new experience. Good weapons for SHTF backup / fall back plan.

TMT Tactical, Dec 27, 2022