To Build Disaster Resilience In Children

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 23, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/making-young-minds-resilient-to-disasters-2019102318037

Good evening all,

Article per ...

Note article's "the sense of loss - and instability".

This just in: Dr Bernstein informs us that it's unsettling to learn that a loved one has died.

The American Psychological Association is a trusted authority. Just don't trust them to work the interrogations account at NAVSTA Gitmo, Cuba.

Local governments contributing to a child's resilience has a LARGE cost. The parents pay big $ and so too, indirectly, the child.

Whenever you read a MD mentioning "investments" GO ON ALERT STATUS.

Actually, Bahamas and Paradise, California were not getting more dangerous with climate change. Areas of the Bahamas that were "hurricane - hardened" fared OK. Neglected areas did not. I saw pictures of a washed out airfield. It was not in a "5 star" area. Paradise, California had too few escape roads yet the area governmental authorities approved the building permits.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Not exclusively happening to children. In fact I'm currently in similar condition albeit not due to someone death thus not as severe.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The kids in my group " all my grandchildren " would be delighted to wake up in the morning and find out The entire earth had been E.M. P. attacked . They would very much enjoy forging for food and living in virtual isolation . This crazy attitude likely an inherited trait passed down through me .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Can't / won't ramble and scribble any diagnosis here. However, .....................

the knowledgeable / "well-traveled" experience the referenced quote frequently enough through life.

I have MedicAlert bracelet. The top section, visible to anyone looking at it will see the MedicAlert ;ogo and my engraved name. On the other side, the side next to my skin, is engraved a favorite quote by a favorite philosopher:

"Consciousness is a disease." Miguel Unamuno, THE TRAGIC SENSE OF LIFE, 1936

Rest assured the knowledgeable from Pres Jokowi to Pres Trump to the bankers to the warriors experience the quoted state of being.

The human is an insecure species - just like the rest. No answer to this. Time for a Tiger beer from Singapore.............

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The kids around here are a bit different than some . I have seen and other members of my group have seen on many occasions about half a dozen kids roaming the back woods that were in age from diaper age and the oldest twelve . I have seen the older kid stop and change a diaper then continue their foraging . They prowl the creek banks looking for food . Catch a fish , put it on a stick and cook it over a fire for their dinner . My grandkids don't go to that extreme and have more adult supervision but or well trained in survival . My grand kids are trained from toddlers about taking a creatures life to provide food . Sure they to like electronic gadgets , but rather forage food for entertainment .

TMT Tactical likes this.