Tokarev Pistol Question:

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Mauser'sDaDa, Jul 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Mauser'sDaDa

Mauser'sDaDa Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Will 7.63x25mm Mauser function both reliably and safety in a stock Tokarev pistol? Thank you.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    If that's the ammo it was deigned to use than yes . If not than don't go there.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    Good read. Just because 2 cartridges have similar or exact dimensions dosen't mean that they can be used in different guns. Pressure can and will do strange things to guns and people.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here's something else. Getting old, forgot to mention.

There's a bunch of surplus ammo out there designed to be fired in submachineguns. This ammo will have very hard primers, plus the ammo could have higher pressures for the subguns. The hard primers will cause misfires, or may not ever fire at all in a handgun. Handgun firing pin doesn't hit hard enough. I often call subguns "slap'n'bangers"; the firing pin doesn't float, it is welded/fixed to the bolt -- thus the need for hard primers. Fire handgun ammo in the subguns and you'll get punctured primers. Whole latta make-do subguns were cranked out and chambered in the Tok ammo. But know that it's not just the two cartridges in question. There are several calibers to which this applies.

I had a friend who'd talk your ear off about these chamberings. Go do a serious search on the web if considering a Tok. I only found a couple of links to post here, then quit.

Was at the range. Some Dufus parks his gear on bench beside me; he also brought a couple of evolutionary throwbacks with him. Captain Dufamania starts ripping away fully auto. He couldn't control the weapon. He had some war trash; wouldn't be worth using as a wall-hanger; dangerous. I packed up my gear, tipped my hat, and drove out'a there.

Oddcaliber and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    IIRC I fired a few rounds through one of those when I was in a very hot and sandy place her Majesty sent us. There were boxes of weapons that got dropped off with us to smash up and we'd fire a few sometimes when we got bored, it was an OK pistol.

Oddcaliber likes this.