Top 10 threats to preppers.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by lonewolf, May 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    in no particular order:
    Economic collapse.
    Terrorism.
    Pandemic.
    Food Shortages.
    Solar Flares.
    Power Grid Failure.
    CBRN event: that's chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear.
    Martial Law.
    Geological Disaster.
    Revolution.

I would also add one more:
    the other 99% of the population that dont prepare but, will have their hands out for their "share" of your food stores.

sunnytn and Keith H. like this.
  2. Correy

Correy Expert Member
      141/149

Blog Posts:
    Speaking of politcal turmoil and food, lately Venezuela has been going through some tough times and there's a shortage of food. There's people there who smuggle food inside the country (imagine that...) and they are even being arrested for it. I hope the police force doesn't destroy the food as they usually do with smuggled items.
    Anyway the best way to make money in Venezuella right now, isn't by selling drugs but by selling food.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    For me, a Power grid failure has greater probability to happen compare to the other threats, although currently modern power grid system are sturdy enough to not be easily taken down by natural disasters ( transmission towers are designed to withstand extremely violent winds) and short circuit faults. Economic collapse is very unlikely to happen in any country with fundamental freedom of trade, but is something that always happens to countries that have all its economic activities strongly regulated by government, such as happened in the old soviet Rusia, Cuba and recently in Venezuela. Food shortages are mostly related to economic collapse.

4. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    power grid failure would be the end for most people here, most people have never lived without power and don't know how to, they are so used to flicking on a switch and hey presto! let there be light!
    you should see the panic when we have the first winter storms that bring down the power lines and there are blackouts for a few hours.
    crop failure can be caused by drought, flood, not enough chemicals or fertilisers(which are all imported here).

5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Single most dangerous thing out there is ".gov"

Single most dangerous words "Hi I am from the government and I am here to help."
    The double use of "I am" is the key! Busybody doo gooders telling you how to do stuff they have never done themselves! then just clocking off at end of shift
    to go out with there rainbow crowd at some rainbow centre!

Doubletap45 and acheno84 like this.
  6. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    now isn't that the truth!!:D

7. acheno84

acheno84 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Well that is probably the most truthful thing I've seen all day. This is so dangerously true. You just have to be prepared for anything. Everyone's worried about zombies. I had this horrible nightmare recently where we were faced with an epidemic of human rabies, but you were not able to tell who was going to try to eat you or or not because everyone looked normal. You had to watch yourself from all angles no matter where you went because little Granny Gerty might just turn around in the produce section of the grocery store and eat your face. IF a zombie apocalypse does occur, I feel that this is how it's going to go down. The government probably knows that already though :p

8. lonewolf

410/460

Blog Posts:
    there are 2 things a prepper should practise:
    1. OPSEC or OPerational SECurity, tell no one about your preparations, not even extended family and certainly not the neighbours.
    2. Situation Awareness, unlike all the other people around you on their mobile phones and music devices, be aware of what is going on around you. if necessary take avoiding action.

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Second most dangerous thing to preppers is
    "STUPID" Stupid in all its many forms pops up everywhere and anywhere and just buggers things up!
    Some one cracks a gas bottle while smoking!
    Some one pours petrol on a dieing fire!
    there are thousands of things that can be triggered by "STUPID"
    Sometimes it kills the stupid sometimes a random!