Tornado Survival Only Days Ago

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by Pragmatist, Mar 5, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    These people are very fortunate. Tornados drop like bombs. One second you are fine, and the next you are in a scene from the Wizard of Oz. We had one pass within a couple hundred yards of our house. No siren. No sound of a freight train coming. One of the neighbors filmed it with his phone. Made quite a mess one town over from us.

You have to find shelter immediately no matter where you are.

3. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Very important to have at least two weather radios. I have two myself in two parts of the house. My room and upstairs. You can buy a weather radio that will use a SAME code (Specific Area Messaging) so that you only get alerts for your area. You can lookup the SAME code from NOAA's website. Or Google SAME code. Make sure you tune to a channel with good strength and keep it on that channel in your area. If you take your weather radio on a trip or somewhere else, you want to get rid of the SAME code otherwise you won't get alerts for other areas.

A lot of times during the stormy season of the Summer here in Colorado we get tornado watch alerts. I dread the day that watch turns into a warning. That means take shelter.

Another thing you can do is get a good police scanner and monitor the storm chasers and National Weather Service.