True History Of Assault Rifles

Discussion in 'Guns' started by TMT Tactical, Aug 23, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Great short video about the history of Assault Rifles. Education and informative and well presented.

2. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bump to get it rolling/

3. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bump again, it is not showing OR there is no interest.

4. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't think that there is no interest. Assault is a action, not a thing.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think most people here already know that the "Assault Rifle" term is a sham being pushed in a step toward removing US citizen's rights to defend themselves.
    One might be better off posting this on their Facebook page and twitter to inform the uneducated who buy into the term "Assault Rifle".

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Good point LastOutlaw, BUT I don't have a Twitter, Facebook or any other social media account, except prepper / firearm sites. Anybody that would like to repost on their accounts, please feel free to do so.

Caribou, Morgan101 and LastOutlaw like this.
  7. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    From everything I have read this is a very accurate historical account. The media will lie about the term with malice and forethought, knowing the public is to stupid to verify what they are being told. They will push their agenda with a total disregard for the truth. Politicians will lie even if the truth sounds better. They are a special kind of stupid. Facts mean nothing.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Great video. It's not that I'm not interested, it's that she covered the subject very well and I really don't have anything to add, but I can bump it.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/3/26/lever-actions-for-personal-defense/

"None other than Col. Jeff Cooper as a big fan of using a lever-action carbine for personal defense. He called it the Urban Assault Rifle and, while I don’t like the word “assault” applied to any defensive rifle, I understand his intention."

upload_2019-10-27_14-21-31.png

The Winchester Trapper has a 16" barrel and has been loaded in .357, .44, and 30-30 (maybe others). Sorrowfully this rifle is no longer in production. Used ones will set you back over a thousand dollars. Glad I bought mine years back.

The trapper .357 holds 9 rounds in its tube; one in the nose = 10 rnds. I have a Browning quick-adjust sling on this little carbine allowing better accuracy; sight radius is short on carbines. Close in, especially inside a building, y'don't need a sling due to shots being here-to-there, so its point'n'shoot. If you gotta aim with any kind of real accuracy, you gotta have a sling. I've put no scope on this -- it's a handy rifle, after all.

Like stainless steel? Marlin's got a .357 mag carbine for you:
    https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1894/model-1894-cst
    Comes with an aperture sight -- peep sight is set back on receiver allowing longer sight radius. Barrel is 16.5 inches = legal = plenty of barrel for the .357 mag.

In .357, carbines have precious little recoil. Lever the rifle for next shot during this "recoil" time. Keep the rifle mounted between shots; easy to operate again and again, its recoil doesn't take you off target by much of anything. Bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam! Again, one in the nose = 10 shots. If you are given a moment, keep feeding rounds into its loading gate on the side of its receiver. I load my carbine with flat nose 158 grainers -- they'll shoot through sides of vehicles & building frame walls. Has around a thousand ft/lb.s of energy; plenty enough, and then some, to kill 200lb critters.

Such a carbine in 30-30 severely reduces your magazine capacity. The .44 mag. will allow you to drop hogs, bears, and truck engines close-in. Knew a fellow who assassinated a truck engine with a handgun loaded with hot / jacketed / heavy .44 mag. -- busted the engine block. He shot the truck while its owner, his enemy, was driving down a dirt road. Feuds.

http://www.bugoutsurvival.com/2010/10/winchester-trapper-in-357-magnum.html

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/
    This site lists velocity tables for several different calibers. Within each caliber, velocities were obtained for each length of barrel. Within that same table are given several different loadings of each caliber.
    upload_2019-10-27_14-28-19.png
    upload_2019-10-27_14-30-48.png

Sling use: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2016/9/6/how-to-properly-use-a-sling/