Two Interesting And Educational Pieces Of Information

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Sourdough, Oct 19, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    They are about Drug Cartels and a Segway to Balkanization on America.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    The drug cartels can be eliminated or at least reduced but the American populace doesn't seem to have the stomach for it. The cartels are just people and can either be controlled or eliminated.

I've been suggesting this for years, with some liking it and others hating the idea.

My suggestion is that the USA take over Mexico as a territory to start with.

Positives: immigration becomes simpler
    USA has a much smaller southern border
    USA increases tax base and GDP
    Mexican citizens increase their quality of life.
    etc. etc.

Negatives: Crime control increase
    medical care increase in Mexico
    Bringing Mexico into US currency only
    etc.

In time integrate Mexican states into the USA as states.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  5. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  6. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Dale,

Re: "suggestion ... USA take over Mexico ...";

You're on to situation - well ahead of the wave.

Ref: "USA increases tax base and GDP";

I believe this encompasses all of the original NAFTA plus the unmentioned de facto membership of Panama and Bahamas.

We Americans typically are most comfortable thinking about NAFTA (+ the new Trump replacement agreement) as Mexico and the US handling trade matters like traditional import-export transactions. There are a couple of Mexican-Spanish words that allows the read situation to be viewed. "Maquiladora" status. This status allows exemption from traditional duties and tariffs if participating in the trade agreement(s) with the US. There's another Mexican-Spanish word used for the 50 mile strip of Mexican territory parallel to the Rio Grande frontier. Don't remember word and my notes are just too thick to search through now.

This 50 mile strip of Mexican territory ...... I don't have the numbers in front of me but most of the companies in this Mexican special zone are US businesses eg Union Pacific RR, Delphi Automotive, Home Depot, is, in effect, in a Foreign Trade Zone for the account of the US. There are some additions to this geographic trade zone eg Monterrey, the big city a bit south of the border. Believe much aircraft industry on behalf of the US companies is located here.

Pemex, the Mexican national oil company, is obliged to maintain ~ 5 accounts (believe 5) at the Federal Reserve Bank of NY, for debt settlements. Can't develop this on the web.

All above increases the US tax base and the US GDP. I believe this involves all of NAFTA/the follow-on enhanced trade agreement plus the unspoken of de facto member of this trade agreement: Panama and Bahamas.

TMT Tactical likes this.