Uk Members, Fill Me In On What Is Happening With New Pm?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Jul 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Can any of you UK members fill me in on what is happening with the new PM there and is he going to continue MAY type of actions or break off on a different direction? Is he pro Brexit or going to try to keep the UK in? Does Nigel Farage play into his plans and meld in any way with his policy or is Farage coming out blatantly against him?
    I try to kind of follow what is happening in the UK especially in regards to Brexit.

Morgan101, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    on the face of it Boris Johnson wants to get us out of the EU, he was pro Leave in the referendum, however its only been a couple of days and we wait to see.
    if he dosent get us out on or before October 31st then the Conservatives will be finished in any future General Election as I believe any Vote Leave voter(all 17.4 million of them) will vote for Farage's Brexit Party.

3. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've also seen talk of Johnson's failure if he does not exit and no choice other than to leave due to the numerous failures of May and her cronies trying to force a stay.
    Articles like this one give hope.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7291537/Britain-step-trade-negotiations-warns-Raab.html
    'I will pave the way for post-Brexit trade deal with US': Dominic Raab will fly to Washington within weeks to step up negotiations and says 'Brussels isn't the only game in town'

I think this may be showing that he is at least trying to set up a path for Brexit. Hopefully Donald Trump can assist in making Brexit easier for all of the UK. This is much more than T. May has even tried.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Here is a good news link for the U.K. --- https://www.express.co.uk This was provided to me by another member and is much better at providing a fair account, then the MSM -BBC.

Boris Johnson did remove most of May's old cabinet members, at least those that did not quit on their own. His cabinet are all BRexit supporters, so that is a start.

Morgan101 likes this.
  5. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    The problem with Boris is that he is a born liar who is promising all things to all people and no way to deliver any of them.
    "Jam tomorrow and jam yesterday but never jam today" Dodgson (not Lewis Carol)

Brownbear, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What you just said describes very accurately almost ALL politicians everywhere. It is sadly what you always end up with as a part of the Democratic process. Honesty and truthfulness never stand a chance in an election versus promises and lies told to idiots.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Boris has only been in the job a couple of days so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he dosent get us out of the EU by or before the 31st of October then the tory party is finished in any subsequent General Election, 17.4 million Leavers will make sure of that.

Brownbear, Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    It isn't like he hasn't already got a track record for being a bumbling, incompetent liar LW, even his closest friends and family have admitted that. He also has a record for failing to read briefings and trying to wing it without bothering to learn the facts or pay attention to details....What he is is a bigger than life, highly visible personality who is simply telling people what they want to hear.
    In short he is not the type of man that I would want to employ in order to negotiate a house sale let alone Britain leaving the EU which is likely to be the most complex set of negotiations for 40 years.
    This whole personality politics thing is less about Brexit and more about keeping the Conservative party together and maintaining hold on government.

I don't believe that Boris is capable of acting in the best interests of anyone other than Boris.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do think it is in Boris's best interest to leave by Oct.31. deal or no deal. If he fails to leave, I don't think he is going to be Prime Minister very long.

Morgan101 and Ystranc like this.
  10. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Agreed, it's the only reason he was elected.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    he wasn't PM before, there is more to play for here. failure will mean the collapse of the tory party.

Brownbear, TMT Tactical and Ystranc like this.
  12. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Very likely LW, the collapse of the tories followed by a vote of no confidence (a little like impeachment but not quite) and the rise of the loony lefty Corbyn...British politics is up sh*t creek without a paddle

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't mind being corrected if I am wrong but didn't Boris just meet with Donald Trump to negotiate a trade deal . Sounded like a step n the right direction for the Brexit .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Just to put the whole Brexit preparedness thing in context I will give you an example.
    Rotterdam is the nearest deep water port capable of taking modern super sized shipping. We are only geared up to handle cargo vessels that are years out of date and commercially unviable for global trade. Containers go to Rotterdam and are transferred to the UK either by road ferry or smaller cargo vessel. This is expensive and may incur tariffs if we leave without any deal.
    Having ignored infrastructure for the last 40 years and concentrated on banking the UK is ill prepared in some very fundamental ways.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Felixstowe in Suffolk is the biggest container port in the UK, it controls 42% of all UK containerised trade, its the 6th biggest in Europe and handles 26million tons of cargo per annum.
    the other container ports are Southampton, Tilbury, London and Grangemouth in Scotland.
    Milford Haven in Wales handles other cargoes.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I doubt there are many people who would vote for a Marxist Jew hating left leaning government.
    if they do their as crazy as Corbyn and Abbott are, and they need to read up on their history.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Ystranc, Lone Wolf and all,

The UK has the 5th largest economy in the world - as economies are currently measured.

PM Boris Johnson is believed in discussion re a free trade zone (FTZ) with the US (and presumably Canada and Mexico).

EU container tariffs are negotiable matters. Does the new 10 Downing Street team have any leverage ? Does EADS' AirBus Industrie know this ?

ICE London has much "influence" / control over market prices of commodities. Beside Rotterdam, next door neighbor Europoort, is the world's largest port measure in cargo wealth transiting the port. It is liquid cargo, to wit petroleum. Does the UK/US have any leverage dealing with Brussels on oil pricing and its volatility roller-coaster moves ?

A brilliant maneuver of your new PM was less about his diverse cabinet and more so about ending the Northern Ireland - Irish Republic Brexit nonsense. This is, at least, one of the main views from the upstart colonies a little west of you.

All the best to the new 10 Downing administration and condolences to Brussels, Strasbourg, Berlin and OPEC Vienna.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    He's not really ended the issue of the border between Northern Ireland and the Irish republic but he has kicked the can down the road so that it must be discussed at the same time as trade talks with the European Union, that could well be the smart move because it means the British payment for liabilities, trade, free movement and borders must be discussed all at the same time which could seriously help our negotiating position.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Ystranc,

Appreciate clarification re N. Ireland - Irish Rep matter.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Is the U.K. independence day still set for oct 31 ? I think most U.S. citizens are hopeful for you guys regaining at least some of your freedoms . Interestingly it appears to us , some U.K. members are like some prisoners that have been locked up with no freedom for a long time and actually are frightened at having their freedom restored . Are U.K. citizens planning to celebrate with fireworks ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Some citizens will celebrate while others will protest right up until the last moment, it still seems like the country is still split fairly evenly and both sides are complete polar opposites in the debate.
    The fact that Boris has performed a bit of legislative trickery to shut parliament out of any role it may have had has offended many British people, including leavers. It's hypocritical of him to say he has a democratic mandate for brexit while at the same time silencing democratically elected representatives.

poltiregist likes this.
  22. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Ystranc,

Can you say a few words on what the "Irish backstop" means and how it's already been used ?

23. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Since the country held a vote (referendum) to stay or leave and the majority voted to leave, should not the MP's then stop interfering with the Br-exit movement and get on with leaving? If the MP's would follow the vote, then Boris would not need to use any political tricks.

24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    this country voted by a maximum of over a million people to leave, we have a parliamentary voting system where the losing side are SUPPOSED to accept the winning side but MP's on the remain side are doing all they can to block it. that's isn't democracy that is dictatorship. no wonder the PM is doing all he can to get us out, whether he can is anyone's guess but if we don't leave on October 31st the tories are finished, the labour party will its fill of Marxists wont do much better and the Lib Dems just want to reverse Article 50.

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    The backstop would cede some control of Northern Ireland to the EU in order to prevent the need for an actual border (otherwise we would be forced to enforce a hard border to be able to trade with other countries under WTO rules) but splitting the union is unacceptable to the unionist parties and in Westminster. The Scots and Northern Ireland voted to stay in Europe and are muttering about independence, Wales has always had an undertone of discontent with English rule.
    To be absolutely clear, if Corbyn gets in I'll be a dark day for Britain and I have no doubt it would break up the union anyway as well as drag England back into the bad old days of strikes, violence and short working hours of the 1970's.
    Whatever way this falls out Britain is in for a great deal of strife over the next couple of decades with the worst political leadership in living memory.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  26. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Why the need to cede any of Ireland's rights--- either to the E.U. or to WTO? Independent country trade with whom every they want? Is that not the definition of an independent country? Why can't Ireland just continue to trade with each other as they have been? No hard border or inspection stations between both sides of Ireland --- North and South.

27. LastOutlaw

510/575

Blog Posts:
    That sounds so much like the deep state in the United States trying to do everything they can to stop Donald Trump the duly elected president of the United States.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  28. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Ystranc,

Thank you for clarifying the backstop matter.

I do have hope that a UK trade treaty with the US - includes Canada and Mexico - can be a new beginning for the UK.

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  29. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    I hope so as well, for all our minor differences we are probably the small group of sovereign nations that understand each other best.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't think its about the nations of the UK, more about one's location, the nearer one gets to the Westminster "bubble" the more the contempt for the provinces.
    did you read the remark by the prospective Lib Dem candidate for North Devon?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Maybe this is a silly question, but why is there an Ireland, and a Northern Ireland? How did those two split into different countries? Why?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
  33. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing. Seems like an extreme move to settle some political differences, but I remember the violence getting quite ugly. If that solved the problem and the violence stopped then it is a good solution.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    religious violence is never good no matter what the religion is, and personally I don't think violence solves anything, especially on this scale, it just makes the hatred worse.
    I remember some little school kids being assaulted just because they were of the "wrong" religion.
    I forget who said it but " it is better to jaw jaw than war war".

TMT Tactical, Brownbear and varuna like this.
  35. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It was Harold MacMillan in 1964, incorrectly quoting Churchill, who didn't say it at all.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  36. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    One of the major factors that furthered the peace process in Northern Ireland was cutting off overseas funding of the provisional IRA

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.