Ultimate Guide To Weapon Lights.

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Sourdough, Jan 14, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Very informative article.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A good way to get yourself killed is by holding a light or attaching one to your firearm . You have just shown your enemy where you are so they can remain hidden and take you out . A light can have its uses but is not what you want in a gun fight .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Keep in mind their main goal is to sell you a flashlight.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Very good article . I am going to have to go with poltergeist. The light is a double edged sword and it cuts both ways. See opponent first, great. Opponent see's you first, bad news. I would vote for night vision or thermal for tactical outdoors events and night lights for indoor events. Indoors (your house) you have the advantage of knowing the layout. Low level night lights will provide enough light to identify your target, without highlighting your position. If used for just hunting / wilderness outings or walks in the dark, then weapon mounted flashlight would be very useful. If the use is for tactical applications, then I will pass. JM2C.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    That dark and rainy night on the Alaska Peninsula when I had seven Grizzly Bears in camp at the same time, a weapon mounted light would have been appreciated, while chasing them away. Not all opponents have guns.

Rebecca, TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    There was supposedly enough light for you to count them.