Unprepared And Dangerous Prep "tips" Offered

Discussion in 'Earthquake' started by Pragmatist, Nov 16, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.radio.com/kisw/blogs/taryn-daly/tips-building-emergency-preparedness-plan

Good morning all,

To the tune of "The end is near".

Use caution nowadays because of articles like Tary Daly's above scribbling.

Please be a good citizen and DO NOT assemble at a fire station. Fire stations need much space for their expanded role during emergencies.

Some utilities have apparatus that cannot be turned off with pliers. The word "plan" is needed. "Planning" is something that is required.

This author of an article on emergency preparedness is just one of many throughout the fruited plain.

Reading her dangerous nonsense makes one think the Pacific Northwest will be lost.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hayward Fault (runs through Oakland, California; the San Andreas fault runs through San Fransisco)

http://www.norcalblogs.com/postscripts/2019/06/28/destruction-sodom-gomorrah/

"You hear a lot about the San Andreas fault, but not so much about the Hayward fault, but that could all change very soon. The Hayward fault runs about 74 miles and parallel to the San Andreas fault line, east of central San Francisco. The Hayward fault reaches it’s critical stress level just about every 140 years and it is now long over due. The longer it takes to slip and release the pent up pressure, the greater the force will be when it finally does."

----------------
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayward_Fault_Zone

"Earlier earthquakes have been detected by trench exposure and associated radiocarbon dating. Combined with the historic record, the last five major events were in 1315, 1470, 1630, 1725, and 1868,[16] which have intervals of about 140 years (note that 2018 is 150 years from the major 1868 event). The longest time was the 160-year period between 1470 and 1630. In 2028, it will have been 160 years since the 1868 event.

"United States Geological Survey (USGS) scientists state that a major earthquake occurring on the zone is "increasingly likely".[17] When the next major earthquake occurs on the fault, damage will be catastrophic. More than 1.5 trillion U.S. dollars in property exists in the affected area, and more than 165 billion US dollars in damage would likely result if the 1868 earthquake were to reoccur. Since the fault runs through heavily populated areas, more than 5 million would be affected directly. Water could be cut off to 2.4 million people living in California's San Francisco Bay Area.[17] "

"Affected areas are likely to be without electrical power for an extensive period. This in turn can make fuel supplies for vehicles and emergency generators unavailable locally and impact both domestic water, industrial water, sewage plants, and drainage pumping. Due to the extensive use of point of sale scanners and registers in supermarkets this could also impact the ability of stores to sell essential items such as groceries and to preserve frozen food items, as well as terminating cable TV and most internet access.

"Cellphone and most landline telephone service, while theoretically survivable for a short time on battery and emergency power, could instead suffer immediate disruption from ground shaking effects."

To repeat: "Water could be cut off to 2.4 million people ..." "Affected areas are likely to be without electrical power for an extensive period."

--------------------------------
    https://www.usgs.gov/news/hayward-fault-it-due-a-repeat-powerful-1868-earthquake

"Two factors combine to make the Hayward Fault very dangerous. The first is its location in the urban heart of the Bay Area. The Hayward Fault is the single most urbanized earthquake fault in the United States—in 1868 there were only 24,000 residents living in Alameda County; now there are more than 2.4 million people. Hundreds of homes and other structures are built along the fault trace, and mass transit corridors, major freeways, and many roadways cross it at numerous locations. Critical regional gas and water pipelines and electrical transmission lines cross the fault. Ongoing slip and aftershocks along the Hayward Fault may last for months, further damaging buildings and infrastructure that straddle the fault.

"The 150th anniversary of the 1868 quake is in 2018; scientists are convinced that the Hayward Fault has reached the point where a powerful, damaging earthquake can be expected at any time.

"The 1868 Hayward Fault earthquake is a reminder of the tremendous power that lurks beneath the Earth’s surface in the San Francisco Bay region. The population at greatest risk from a Hayward Fault earthquake is 100 times greater than in 1868. The urban infrastructure in the Bay Area has been tested only by the relatively remote, 1989 magnitude 6.9 Loma Prieta earthquake, and the smaller 2014 magnitude 6.0 South Napa earthquake. USGS earthquake science tells us that it’s now urgent to prepare for the next magnitude 7 quake on the Hayward Fault. Preparing now can significantly reduce loss of life and property from that coming quake.
    ---------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    8d6a57345fe2487dc4f5cd9d1d1235c6.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    I am always amazed at how stupid people are to live in such an area when they kown the big one is coming.
    By the way every year i vote in the
    Darwin Awards
    I suggest you do too. I have so much fun reading about nuts that go out of their way to get killed or maimed .

https://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2019.html

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    for example An ISIS fighter in Iraq was killed by the drone s/he launched to attack UK Troops based near Mosul. A UK security source reported, "This idiot wired up a drone with explosives, but was killed when the batteries ran low and the drone flew home," detonating over the ISIS fighter's head with fatal consequences.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Oh dear God in Heaven, that story is so rich. Must memorize.

Old Geezer, Dec 2, 2020
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As to sheep and wolves living in dangerous areas, I think that there is some sort of dark Karma going on.

Call me superstitious -- maybe I am -- but I believe that danger and chaos have some sort of "gravitational pull" on those people deserving of annihilation / uncaring if they are annihilated. I do not understand masochism. Maybe it is a sign of sound mental health should one be unable to understand such matters.

I find myself yelling at the supposedly good people to leave out of their doomed places. Probably, all that I am doing is damaging my voice and nothing more. It's in a nation of zombies I live. I've not actually seen them eating the brains of victims; college professors eating the brains of their students, there's that to consider. Maybe with the masses of zombies, it is their own brains they have consumed.

TMT Tactical likes this.