Upcycling After an Earthquake

Discussion in 'Earthquake' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 21, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    After an earthquake, you will find a lot of debris and broken items everywhere. Normal things will not be working such as power and gas. This will take away the ability for people to cook in their normal fashion. This is where the upcycling material to create grills to cook on will be beneficial. When you cannot find firewood or a fuel source to cook on always remember that a mirror can be used to cook with the sunlight. There are many items that can be upcycled. You may need cups, plates, and bowls because commonly during earthquakes many of these items are broken. This is where upcycling items that you find may turn into the conveniences that help make life a little easier during a time when everything is completely turned upside down.
    upload_2016-1-21_20-29-24.png
    Upcycling material, of course, is taking something old and repurposing it again giving it a new life. During the time of any catastrophe upcycling is a remarkable way to not only help clean up after the devastation but to find new uses for items that would otherwise be discarded. Upcycling containers for water storage, as well as for the keeping of general items can be most beneficial when everything is chaotic. The normal things you are used to won't be there and this can present a problem. Some people will begin to panic while others will have a plan in place and know what to do. Don't be one of the ones caught in the panic. Be prepared for all emergency situations.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Well-Known Member
      75/99

Blog Posts:
    Your post actually reminds me of a company that they have here in Japan called the Nozomi Project. It's really cool - what they do is use broken pottery and ceramics from the 2011 quake and tsunami, and turn them into beautiful, unique pieces of jewellery. I bought one of their necklaces and I love it - I just think it's a great thing they're doing, giving some hope back to the region. Their slogan is "beauty through brokenness" and I think that sums it up pretty well!