Upgrade Water Acquisition Method(s)

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Jul 30, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.bayjournal.com/article/septic_system_failures_expected_to_increase_in_coastal_va

Good afternoon all,

For eastern Virginia, consider upgrading water acquisition equipment.

Article both about water getting infected with dread germs and new costs pending residents of coastal Virginia.

Note term "poor areas of the South". Still healthier than areas of Baltimore.

Article tells of recent research that "low-lying areas tend to have more of a problem". Thankfully for me, I have some George Orwell books here. Otherwise, I'd go bonkers. When returning to a lucid state of mind, I'd go ... because these orgs mentioned in article are versions of FDR's Civilian Conservation Corps - make-work programs for the unemployed /underemployed. Who didn't learn about low-lying areas in the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H Club ?!

Note "...mitigation payments by Dominion Energy ... James River".

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if I understand what you're saying here: "Article tells of recent research that "low-lying areas tend to have more of a problem".
    Well, that makes sense, but this: "Thankfully for me, I have some George Orwell books here. Otherwise, I'd go bonkers. When returning to a lucid state of mind, I'd go (where will you go?) ... because these orgs mentioned in article are versions of FDR's Civilian Conservation Corps - make-work programs for the unemployed /underemployed. Who didn't learn about low-lying areas in the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H Club ?! " (What are the percentages of kids in scouts and 4H these days?)

Also, I have a hard time reading long articles on the internet, not sure why, and maybe I have delayed onset ADHD. Planning to go back and read it again at another time.
    What are we missing in design and engineering for keeping things cleaner? Why is the government not providing the upgrades or something, something!?

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Radar,

The theme of my post was that our national infrastructure for education - schools, 4-H clubs, related, are in decay or not available to the kids. No public funding going to the schools and extracurricular programs ?

I CAN answer "Why is the government not providing .... !?". Avoid reading the Washington Post and the answer will become as clear as white light passing through a prism.

Don't feel lonely re long articles. I post stuff here that might prove of value to some. My view is that reaching some is still better than silence. This indirectly relates to the need for in-person organizations. A conversation during a coffee break can tell about an otherwise too long an article to read.

Not ADHD but I've got ophthalmological (eyes/vision) problems and early stage of Alzheimer's. Reagan had this. My 2 ailments are good news - compared to relocating to VA Cemetery Quantico.

Radar, Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.