Upgrading Portable Generators

Discussion in 'Recrafting and Modifying' started by Pragmatist, Dec 2, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://ero-insider.com/

Good morning all,

While looking for some info on "upgrading" a generator to successfully work in cold weather, ran itto above website. ERO = Electric Reliability Organization.

The website might have info or links of value.

ERO is in Potomac, Maryland. This is metro D.C. It was once once a nice upscale place. Now it's ruined. Even the White Oak shipping mall is trashy now. Consider a move to Sherpardstown, West Virginia. Had colleague who moved from Potomac to Sherpardstown.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Sorry but I'm not going to jin a subscription only website for one article.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Besides likely........we Alaskans have forgot more about generator use then the articles author ever pondered.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I remember a portable generator a previous BIL had, he came out to the cottage and welded up a gate for us, handy but that thing was ultra noisy(and small).

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The deep state is worried about far-right terrorists shutting down the power grid. False flag? Could be a cover story for a government intentional grid attack. The grid takes a hit, who's to blame? "The evil conservatives."

People would have backup generators. Oops! Gotta shut-down the ability of the people to provide their own electricity. "Hey, let's just get rid of portable generators!", said the White House regime.

" Not Just Gas Stoves: Biden Admin Rule Would Outlaw Nearly All Portable Gas Generators
    Crackdown comes as country faces increased risk of power outages"

https://freebeacon.com/energy/not-j...ld-outlaw-nearly-all-portable-gas-generators/

"Just months after a Biden-appointed regulator teased a ban on gas stoves, the administration is working to enact a rule that would prohibit the manufacturing of nearly all portable gas generators on the U.S. market.

"A proposed Consumer Product Safety Commission rule limits the amount of carbon monoxide a product can emit, with the commission admitting that 95 percent of portable gas generators on the market cannot comply with its new standard. As a result, industry leaders say, the rule will prompt widespread generator shortages, as manufacturers only have six months to design generators that meet the proposed regulation. That process normally takes years, Portable Generator Manufacturers' Association executive director Susan Orenga told the Washington Free Beacon.

"The rule proposal comes just months after Biden-backed commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. teased a similar regulatory ban on gas stoves, which he called a "hidden hazard." It also comes as many Americans face an increased risk of power outages as the country increasingly relies on green energy to produce its electricity. A whopping two-thirds of North America faces an 'elevated risk' of power blackouts this summer, a leading grid watchdog found in May, a vulnerability that stems from America's increase in green power generation and decrease in fossil fuel power plants. California, for example, saw power outages in the summer of 2022 as electricity demand surged.

"Portable gas generators can help those who experience a power outage keep the lights on, and nearly five million households use them. Should the Biden administration finalize its rule, however, the generators could become difficult to obtain. The commission's rule prohibits manufacturers from stockpiling non-compliant generators prior to the rule's enactment."

=======================================

God government "will take care of you"!

upload_2023-7-20_21-23-6.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Dependency on Government controlled systems.....the Electricity grid...

This means more power to government and lack of independence by individuals...with initiative to think and act out of the controlled regulated government box.

Remember this about government demonism...double standards....control.....Ishmaelites..

Government loves diversity.....tolerance......et al..

Except..... in things that would promote human independence....individuality......independent thinking and action.

Once you catch the contrast....it becomes stark...how rigged and demonic these people really are..

In caring for your homestead....being diverse...in methods of operation, thinking, and action ...means you are not tied to one system..or Method of Operation. It means you have options...choices..a fall back position.

All too often the Electric Grid goes down and it is wonderful to have alternatives to produce electricity....options...choices..

To not be dependent on an electric stove...should the electricity go out..... or be dependent on an electric hot water heater...

Years ago....During a 10 day electric outage caused by Hurricane Isabell........we had a gas stove but an electric hot water heater. At least we were able to heat hot water on the stove as needed in small amounts.
    But had we an electric stove we would have been in bad shape.

Now I do keep two of those Coleman type pump up gas camping stoves in my garage as a back up if needed...but most families do not even have that. Also my gas grill has a small burner to one side...

But I am very glad I never converted to an Electric Stove.

You members decide for yourselves...but I note the contrast in government not liking diversity ...or tolerance in this arena generators....and gas stoves ....when pushing diversity and tolerance big time in other arenas....a double standard..

This is not leadership.....it is politics of control...of herding...of Ishmael....and to me goes against independence...individuality....and towards dependency...
    This is not diversity or tolerance of which this phony government is so proud....and too often tends to boast..

Let me put this another way ...if I can correctly express myself on this topic...

This kind of double standard...or government control...comes out of the same demonic stable as sexualizing our children and grand children in public schools..

It is confusion and chaos....on the part of government.

You do not sexualize children and thus bring them into adulthood before their time. Let them be children....
    You have to be educated in professional stupidity to not get this....concept..of stealing the very childhood from our children and grandchildren by educated people who should know better.

In like demonic manner...we have here government trying to go down the similar road of stealing from Americans their ability to independently serve their families...and create for themselves independence and options....choices...

One has to become, in like manner, educated in stupidity ...demonic stupidity among leadership to not see this ..or....this is the demonically deliberate manufacture of dependency on government.

Again...you members decide for yourselves...I have already decided...

Be warned these deceitful Ishmaelites...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've used my electric generator. Gave my old one to a son and bought a new one when we moved to our current location.

But a many a time, we've just heated water on our wood stove, cooked on a wood stove. Relatives up in the mountains had the original wood-fired cooking stoves with a water bin to the side of the fire bin. In the center of cabins, one had another wood or coal heater (usually in the middle of the living room). Country stores had their wood or coal heaters in the middle of the store -- got lots of memories of these. When my mother's side moved into a small town, they had an oil heater in the middle of their living room.

Here's a fancy cooking wood stove. I've never seen one so nice; not among my kin, anyway.

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here's another way to stay warm. Oh dear Lord, eternally bless the soul of Popcorn Sutton. He operated in counties where I was raised, my family's neck of the woods. Minded his own business. The Feds brought him down, ended him. Sad beyond all words.

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL LOL>....Olde Geezer....

Wow!!!!

I do like that olde stove and have seen a few in my time.....

I remember my grandmother and grandfather...the warmest place in their home was the coal fired kitchen stove...

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    At my dad's parents house, they had a coal furnace (one of my chores was to stoke it) and by golly, that puppy would heat a big house. I still used one of the fireplaces in that house to thaw-out after walking home from school in winter. I'd start with wadded newspapers, then dried kindling, then put 1" (1 1/2 inch?) coal atop. I always wanted to get a one match fire and sought to get the sacred blue flame jet out a hole I'd knock in the coal crust. You have to have a special grate for a coal fire, else you can melt a regular steel wood grate. That's how hot I'd get those fires.

The coal furnace was lined with fire brick of course. Opening the furnace door was witnessing hell; always was getting my eyebrows melted. Had 5' long clinker pincers. I'd put the clinkers in 5 gal buckets and take them to an alley-way to patch chuck-holes. I'd tamp them into those holes using a upside down 9 lb. hammer. Tamp, tamp, tamp, tamp ... the super hot clinkers would glow in the night. But in winter, their heat would help you stay warm while working. As a boy, that sledge-hammer handle was two-thirds as tall as me. It was a bit of hard work, but I just loved doing it. I wasn't big for my age, but my health was robust. Today, my sacroiliacs are shot, my hips and one knee are shot. Since having both my shoulders put back on (rotator cuff repaired on one side, the other side was annihilated, even had to have that biceps re-attached) my upper boy now works again. Using my canes brings me little pain. No more surgeries. Maybe I'll just die before anything else musculoskeletal breaks down. I've worn-out this old body. So it goes.

upload_2023-7-22_18-50-9.png

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    one of my chores as a kid was to remove all the ash from the fireplace from the previous night, then relay a new fire for the next evening, using wadded up newspaper, kindling and lumps of coal.
    kids today have never seen a fire much less cleaned and relaid one, most houses are now all electric.
    not that kids do chores anymore, their too lazy and entitled for that.

1. Old Geezer
      Which reminds me. I've let a monster amount of ash build up in our fireplace.

Preppers take basic abilities for granted. We say,"These generations can't function!" But, it's literally true. I would go on to say, dangerously true. They are living in a technology bubble. Pop that bubble and ...

Old Geezer, Jul 23, 2023
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    While the puppet biden regime is banning electric generators ...

"America’s Largest Power Grid Issues Emergency Alert: ‘Prepare Generators’ "

https://slaynews.com/news/america-largest-power-grid-issues-emergency-alert-prepare-generators/

"America’s largest electric grid operator has declared an emergency amid high temperatures and issued an alert warning the public to 'prepare generators.'

"The emergency alert was issued across the East Coast and Midwest."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaporation fridges

First vid doesn't want to play, so just click on the "Watch on YouTube"

TMT Tactical likes this.