Urban Camo

Discussion in 'Urban Survival' started by Aneye4theshot, Jan 24, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Aneye4theshot

Aneye4theshot Expert Member
      125/140

Blog Posts:
    You may find yourself in an urban situation where you need to blend in or be camouflaged. Urban camouflage is a little bit different than woodland or any outdoor camouflage. Because you’re not hiding behind bushes or trees or in tall grass, you don't have to pack any ghillie suits or face paint. If you need to blend into a crowd of people and try to be unnoticed, just do normal common activities that people usually do in big crowds such as read newspapers, have a conversation on a cell phone, tie your shoe or just sit down and have a meal in a secluded area. If you know you're being followed or tailed, don't let them be alarmed and lead them into an alley or a bathroom where you can hide behind a corner and let them make a pass or stand.
    upload_2016-1-24_21-42-19.png
    If you are attempting to hide out while walking or around buildings, you can hide behind signs and public trash cans. Trash cans work great because no one likes to go and search around a bunch of garbage. If you are trying to blend into an event or gathering of sorts, pretend to be one of the employees or a family member. You might want to brush up on your improv before you do something like this so. When trying to get into a building unnoticed and you need to blend in act like you are a service or maintenance company but make sure that they have something that needs to be serviced or maintenance. This can easily be done by messing up the air conditioner or AC units on the top of the building because nothing is worse than a hot steamy building of mad employees.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in urban situations its all about being the "grey man", being as unnoticeable as the next person. try not to stand out, wear drab or neutral colour clothing, nothing too bright or colourful that will attract attention. blend in with the crowds.

TheJim likes this.
  3. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    And never I mean NEVER!!! Wear white socks! LOL

4. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    FYI wolf, 6 years stationed at RAF Molesworth, in Huntington.....

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm in North Devon.

6. TheJim

TheJim Active Member
      38/47

Blog Posts:
    I should note I was there from 98-04

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was living in Plymouth(south coast) up to 99, then moved to Glastonbury (Somerset) for the next 10 years.

TheJim likes this.
  8. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    It might sound a tad nonsensical but dressing yourself in trash might be a logical reaction to an urban disaster. My take on it is that the people who will be a target are those that stand out. Someone who is well dressed will most likely be attacked by the same individuals who are willing to rob and loot during such a disaster.