Us Army + Pla Train For Disasters

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Nov 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Look to me, this exercise is more of a classroom things, and focus heavily in US Army - PLA relation rather than ASEAN related thus the choice of the venue is in Hawaii

So far I haven't heard anything about this exercise, but than again I was never with the Army here, so I 'm out of loop with Army related stuff.

It baffled me as what they mean by "ASEAN standard" because unlike EU ASEAN didn't have any standard per-se other than what is typically practiced among member state (example, Malacca strait not-so joint patrol, disaster relief coordination, Borneo joint border patrol, border control, joint exercise, etc). Keep in mind that ASEAN decision making is consensus based rather than vote based. Meaning if any member state disagree in something (whatever that is) it will not become reality even when the majority of member state supporting it (The ASEAN Way)

The way I see it, this exercise is more of US Army version of the Komodo exercise :rolleyes:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Agree completely.

You did note my last sentence regarding article being released probably because US signed the Hong Kong document.

Some material just can be clearly written on the web. I am a key proponent of us getting a club house somewhere where we can meet and discuss all this in person with our notes, maps, charts, pictures,......

To the American reading public, "ASEAN" means "goodness, modern". Most never heard of SEATO.

Of course "ASEAN standards" are nonsense.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I extremely doubt American public even ever heard ASEAN

For those of you here who doesn't know what ASEAN is :

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Did ASEAN get its nuclear-free zone ? Please don't answer.

Most younger Americans don't even know their Governor's name.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well,..that's new. PTA (Pakuloha Training Area), is now the Kilauea Military Camp, or I figure KMA is a restricted area of PTA. With the hazards on PTA my money is on this being restricted to a classroom only event. Nice photo op.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.