Us-iran Confrontation Article

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 17, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/america-can-face-down-a-fragile-iran-11560714158

Above link is clear and to the point.

One aspect that got my attention was the 2 authors represent both sides of the US foreign policy establishment.

Coffee; I join you in "concerns" but, at least, this article, does display USG at work - successfully.

Still, preparedness has common denominators. The same preps must be continued, upgraded and taught to others regardless of Iran's status in the confrontation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. pacmantacman

pacmantacman Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Lots of moving parts to this situation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. pacmantacman

pacmantacman Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    I would say keep the sanctions in place and play defense. Let Iran keep amping stuff up if they want to, instead of jumping into a war.

Continue to call out every state sponsored terror attack in Iraq and elsewhere for what it is, a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. But show restraint enough not to go to war. Let Iran collapse itself while America remains at a distance. Let China figure out how to deal with increased oil prices along their modern Silk Road.

Too much to ask for I’m sure.

Morgan101, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    From what I hear Trump may wish to start a war to bolster support in face of the present new would be president challenge, & to boost the economy. This is what has happened in the past, & it will happen again!
    Keith.

5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I would like to see Iran's nuke building facilities destroyed . Blowing up their nuke facilities will kill some Iranians but will save many lives later because if they get a nuke they will either use it or get a proxy to use it .

Coprepper and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Coprepper

Coprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    I think he’s being very calculated in his response. The Dems are waiting to pounce no matter what he does. I’ve seen him already called weak on FB this morning by some liberals because he didn’t bomb them immediately without having all the facts, yet if he had, the same Libs would’ve been screaming “WAR MONGER!!! IMPEACH HIM!!!!” at the top of their lungs. Trump may spout off verbally with tweets in a rapid fashion to things, but the fact that he’s taking a contemplative and thoughtful response to this says he’s consulting experts and advisors and NOT going off half-cocked firing rockets Willy-billy or bombing just to bomb.
    I was a teenager when my brother got drafted into the Vietnam Nam war and my son finished a deployment to the ME 5 years ago. I’m glad Trump’s thinking through his options and doing what he thinks is best in a timeframe that he judges as appropriate.
    Now back to prepping for what ever lies ahead.

7. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
  8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    IBME,

A decent article.....

Ref Hezbollah's rocket arsenal in S. Lebanon; On ignition of the first rocket anticipate the Bekka Valley being converted into an inland sea. I'm still trying to figure out why Israel bought 13 submarines from Germany.

At the beginning of the First Gulf War, an "unofficial" Israeli spokesman made the public statement: "If the Iraqis use gas, Baghdad will be left as a pile of radioactive rubble". Both Israel and Saudi Arabia were "only"struck by HE warheads.

I am guessing, depending on the exact timing and circumstances, that the US might create a new canal between the Holy City of Qom and Teheran with Iran's oil and gas fields a subject of asset forfeiture.

If the Egyptian government fall sto Hamas (Islamic Brotherhood), the Aswan High Dam will be converted into a talcum powder factory. Egypt will be required to import food for the next 100 years.

The successors of Ayatollah Khomeini are making a mistake. Trump is not a career politician.

Coprepper and TMT Tactical like this.