[us] National Bicycle Shortage

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, May 26, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    howler likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Next they will see spiking figure of bicycle accident and whatever crime related to it

Anyway, although I use to love bicycle (cross country), I no longer able to afford one. The price of a cross country bicycle is already more expensive than the combine price tag of all my electronics :(

watcherchris likes this.
  3. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

I suppose I should not be surprised.

Many many years ago I recall being surprised, in my ignorance, to go into a bicycle shop and see a racing bicycle for sale at over 3500 dollars. I was stunned by that. I had no such Idea they could get that expensive.
    I was also stunned at how light such an racing bicycle was in weight.

I reckon I should not be so surprised at the cost of a good cross country bicycle...though I have no such plans to purchase one.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    For that price it most likely made from titanium or carbon. Personally I prefer aluminum, because its still light enough and yet it can still be weld at reasonable price. With titanium I don't have the slightest clue where to weld such metal around here outside the naval shipyard. And carbon can't be weld