Use Of The Word "sheeple".

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Nov 2, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was surfing the internet the other day and came across a link to another "prepper" site, I made a few comments over there and was amazed to see that their moderators were offended by and banned the use of the word "Sheeple". if they are offended by this word I really dont give out much hope for their continued survival WTSHTF. they are going to find a lot worse words and actions to offend them after the collapse and if they dont harden their attitudes and stop being such shrinking violets they wont be around for long.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I guess it's all about perspective, it seems to be accepted ok here. Maybe they have gone "woke" ;)

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think they went all p.c. and "we must take care of everyone", which we all know is impossible WTSHTF, the unprepared will go to the wall and only those with the skills and knowledge will survive.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  4. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just my opinion but have come to the conclusion , only a very few that proclaim to be preppers could actually survive a full collapse of society regardless of what caused it . Minor stuff no doubt they could overcome such as a Hurricane . I suppose that doesn't make them to not be preppers . They are simply not preparing for as dire a future as I . --- . This site may have a small gathering of members but this site has better topics than the other sites . Fantasy preppers , I can understand not liking the word sheeple . That's their problem not mine .

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the meaning of the word Sheeple has always been "docile, one who is easily led", people who follow the flock/the human herd etc.
    the problem is that many who call themselves preppers are not survivalists, especially this side of the pond, I have come across many who fit this description in the time I have been online, many names that are on prepper forums who then disappear after a short while and are never heard of again.
    most do NOT prepare for the big one but just for minor inconveniences and wait for normality to return. I believe this is the case on the prepper forum I came across (which just happened to be an American site not that that makes any difference).

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sheeple "preppers" will buy some sealed buckets of provisions and then say, "I'm ready."

How many ways to fail, who can tell the tale?!

People will put back food, yet neglect the clean water aspect. Or, they'll prep but not be able to protect that which they've put back. After it hits the fan, that's no time to realize you've made some critical boo-boos.

In American cities and suburbs, people have what they have in their refrigerator ... maybe. They'll have some canned goods in a kitchen cabinet ... maybe. Water filters? Nope. Water barrels? Nope.

Post apocalypse, people will die of thirst, dysentery, and starvation. The looting violence will be unimaginable. People who flee the cities will get trapped and those who make it through to agricultural regions will get shot dead.

Will the military be able to supply the megalopolises food and water? They will only be able to meet a small fraction of the need.

https://www.askaprepper.com/find-areas-targeted-fema-shtf-theyll-take-supplies/

FEMA camps will fill up in less than a week's time. This is why FEMA is hording so many plastic coffins.

upload_2021-11-3_23-6-40.png

upload_2021-11-3_23-8-34.png

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021