Using Noise As A Weapon; A Call For Ideas Concerning

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Old Geezer, May 8, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LRAD
    "Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) is an acoustic hailing device developed by LRAD Corporation to send messages and warning tones over longer distances or at higher volume than normal loudspeakers. LRAD systems are used for long-range communications in a variety of applications[1] including as a means of non-lethal, non-kinetic crowd control."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

"On November 5, 2005, the luxury cruise ship Seabourn Spirit employed an LRAD to repel pirates who attacked the vessel with rocket-propelled grenades about 115 km off the coast of Somalia.[57] The effectiveness of this device during the attack is not completely clear, but the pirates did not succeed in boarding the vessel and eventually fled.

"The Liberian vessel MV Biscaglia was attacked on November 28, 2008. The security detachment aboard Biscaglia was reported to have used an LRAD device in an effort to repel attackers armed with assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades. Following a one-sided shootout, the ship was seized and the unarmed security contractors abandoned ship leaving the ship and crew to the pirates.[58] The incident caused the usefulness of LRADs to be called into question by Lloyd's List.[59] In August 2013, Carl "Rocky" Mason, one of the three members of the security attachment aboard the Biscaglia during the incident, stated that an LRAD was aboard, but that he and the security attachment only had time to open the water cannons before gunfire and an RPG round forced them to abandon ship. No attempt was made to use the LRAD device during the incident.[60]

"In January 2011, the Spirit of Adventure, a cruise ship sailing through the Indian Ocean, deployed an LRAD system as part of its defensive measures when being pursued by pirates.[61]

"S/Y Hideaway used an LRAD in 2016 to deter suspected pirates in the Gulf of Aden"
    ========================================================

OK, so that is the professional way to go, but what is available to us civilians?

I'm not finding marketed devices that will do the job. Here's some devices but I'm not sure that they are adequate. I need to find "speakers" / sound transmission devices that go up well past 150 Decibels.

Sonic Nausea Device with Radio Control
    https://www.amazing1.com/products/sonic-nausea-device-with-radio-control.html

Sterio amplifier and speakers capable of causing pain

The speakers in the above video need to be amplified to much higher levels and pointed to the outside of the vehicle, NOT the inside.

I was thinking of a person being carjacked and being basically unable to get out of the situation. Gangs will use one or more cars to trap a vehicle preventing the driver from using the vehicle as a weapon.

Obviously they need a firearm to clean-out the gene pool. However, many folk simply are not going to buy a firearm. I would like to see such people armed with a device capable of emitting sound at levels that cause severe pain and hopefully permanent injuries. I'd like to have something loud enough to rupture eardrums; we need something to cause felons to bleed from their eyes and ears. I'm next going looking for blinding devices.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Weapons using intense light.

Dazzlers
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler_(weapon)

LED Incapacitators
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_Incapacitator

I'm trying to find sales. Some of these sources may no longer be in business. If anyone has these devices, please do share your contacts.

https://www.armlaser.com/laser-dazzlers-c-30.html

https://www.beamq.com/laser-dazzlers-c-73.html

https://www.technologyreview.com/2007/08/06/224441/the-incapacitating-flashlight/

Beware, I purchased a stun-gun flashlight. The light went dead after next to nothing time in operation. The stun-gun capability is still intact. In a product, one must look for military and police quality, else do not buy the unit.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I prefer things I can make myself if needed. Especially, things that make loud bangs. Like these.

a3b449af1237f40e054c3a729d740736.jpg

Flash bangs are very disorientating but a non-lethal.

g-Fig1-17.gif

And offensive grenades are awesome. Lethal, without any shrapnel. Also, great for fishing

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Unless one still has military contacts, trying to obtain such toys is a pain and costs could be a problem even on the black market.

I must say however that if one knew they were being followed by gang-bangers, it would be ever so wonderful to see the look on their faces as you tossed one of these puppies out the window.

It is a rare delight to see raw hell-terror in the face of a trash-human when they think they're going to die.

howler and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Dalewick
      Easy enough to make with a few tools and the proper knowledge. Offensive is easier to make than flash bang (made from mostly fiberglass). If you learn how to cast metal (especially pot metal (zinc) and/or aluminum) then making some toys are a lot easier than you might think.

Dalewick, May 9, 2020
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Out of S.Africa. How do you like this?

upload_2020-5-8_20-40-38.png

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. TMT Tactical
      I really like the concept, for WROL. This is something I could rig up. Could also be installed in strategic location at the old homestead.

TMT Tactical, May 8, 2020
      Dalewick likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We bemoan the crime rates here in Western nations. We have it easy. The most danger we face comes from the anti-Libery, anti-Constitution communists in government. Increasingly, armed citizens are showing up on the steps of government buildings infested with collectivist vermin. Positive things can still be achieved.

But God help those trapped in South Africa. South Africa IS crime.

Poverty does not cause crime. My folk were poor, yet they didn't go about killing innocents.

Truth is, crime causes poverty.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Dalewick, howler and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Old Geezer,

Subj: Intense Light, Intense Sound, Steam, Better Living Through Chemistry;

Intro: Immediately after the first (first) WTC attack in 1993, a couple of tenants, considering the building complex was not safe nor insurable for their business ventures, relocated. One of these companies was ZIMCO, moving part of their North American business to Norfolk, Virginia. At some meeting met with some of these folks. Their boats were in IMO compliance as merchants (ie not armed) and the steam rigging was "kosher".

Two books I used for my company's safety and etiquette for oil exploration supplies in SEA were:

Violence At Sea, Brigadier (Ret) Brian A.H. Parritt, CBE, Editor, International Chamber of Commerce, International Maritime Bureau. M/V Achille Lauro discussed in seminar.

Maritime Security, Kenneth Gale Hawkes, Cornell Maritime Press.

For a BOP in a rural setting, a tug boat horn (British English: "tooter" [Mine was used and at below salvage cost]) properly rigged up, presuming power supply, can also wake nearby county neighbors so prudence must be incorporated into use.

For this same type of rural BOP, there are illumination flood lights/ spot lights from ocean-going tug boats that typically exceed requirements.

For displaced rodents to include snakes, especially during/after hurricanes, a garden trailer with pressurized liquid chemicals for mist or stream spray works. There are "back pack" models for walking with sprayer. Both liquid sprays and aerosols are available.

Related to above are the compressed gas cartridges that can cover a sq km in a few seconds, factoring in wind/other meteorological conditions. These cartridges require professional/legal advice re use.

In my area, for practical purposes, lasers are "no-no". Too much military flight operations over this area. I'm writing this para based on professional guidance.

All aforesaid requires 2 important aspects:
    1. Legal and other professional (eg insurance company) guidance.
    2. Affiliation with appropriate professional clubs - could be advanced-level Prepper, Federal emergency management auxiliaries so as to develop contacts for sources. Just about everything is expensive - unless co-op purchasing of salvaged goods.

The anti-human sonic stuff can best be explained by General Nor-re-A-gha, of Panama. President Bush 41 the elder authorized this non-lethal method when the General/Chief of State sought refuge in the Vatican embassy. Fortunately the Generalissimo didn't know about San Francisco,

Some Kidnapping and Hostage Insurance (KHI) require more than 1 vehicle even for trips to store. This entire arena of preparedness is a BIG field and the risk-managers are top of the line because of the money and lives involved.

Much is designated "Propin" - proprietary information-, the private sector's equivalent of governmental "Burn Before Reading".

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds all a bit sci-fi to me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Any specifics re out of this world sci-fi applications ?

Much of the best maritime security stuff - and its transfer to private citizen sector (with notable exceptions) have been developed by Brits with RN background.

FWIW, I once hired someone from the best of the best, at least, in my opinion, the org is "best" ... better than SAS.

The SBS, sometimes considered the water version of SAS, has Royal Marines not qualifying.

When the big boats have cargoes valued at more than the boat's worth, only the best work the problems.

Much filters down to the private citizen if willing to learn step 2 of situational awareness.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    all a bit fanciful and probably outside the availability of most people especially post SHTF.
    I prefer peace and quiet myself.

howler and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Sure. However on this side of the Atlantic we have savage things attacking us. Leftist cities of America ban civilized humans the use of firearms to defend themselves. Criminals vote Leftist (even after felony convictions, they illegally vote when provided false documents) so the collectivists want to protect them. I wish I could find a way for people in such areas to disable these aggressive subhumans sans gunpowder.

Italy: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...ine-raped-by-illegal-migrant-after-her-shift/

Old Geezer, May 9, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning F22,

That's an interesting Wiki link.

Ref the mentioned "Active Denial System" loads onto a Humvee - had also heard now also drone mountable; A few years ago this was tested by USMC at Westmoreland and Northumberland counties, Virginia. That area is full of the military installations. The system produces a heat that makes the targeted person flee the area.

Very interesting re the right sidebar of Archimedes sketch.

Article mentions William Colby. He passed away near here in a canoe accidental drowning only 3 weeks prior to his subpoena to testify before the Joint Committee on Intelligence.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    That's very good news because with the development of hypersonic missiles you can't target those very easily to shoot them down. With a laser system then it probably could be done. And if we prefect the technology the whole damn country could in fact have an anti-nuclear missile shield.

I'm hoping that the threat of a nuke will be a thing of the past. Technology will see to that I'm sure.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a massively bright and tightly focused flashlight mounted on my 8 shot pistol gripped collapsing stock Mossberg 500. If I flip it on it will blind whoever is in front of it AND where the center of the light is, is where the buckshot is going. It is sort of a twoferone thing I can see you, blind you and then use it like a big Aimpoint lazer to blast you if you don't do as I tell you to do.

TMT Tactical likes this.