Using Plants For Toiler 'paper'

Discussion in 'Gardening, Plant Propegation, & Farming' started by MIsha Bakunin, Mar 28, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. MIsha Bakunin

MIsha Bakunin Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    So this toiler paper situation is crazy.

I was doing some research for my survival site Bug Out Survival Kit, and found a solution. Sort of.

Modern commercial toilet paper itself originated only in the 19th century, before that people used plants. The top three varieties of toilet paper plants to grow are Mullein, Indian Coleus and Dombeya Burgessiae. The leaves of all these plants are soft, absorbent, and do not commonly cause any type of allergic reaction.

Its not so crazy it could be good prep for the next crisis at the very least.

Thoughts about growing your own toilet 'paper'?

MBB and poltiregist like this.
  2. Patience

Patience Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Dude that picture! Lol.

3. MIsha Bakunin

MIsha Bakunin Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    yeah my friend called me 'spacepimp' when he took it. It was the only one on this computer i could find quickly, maybe ill change it lol

edit: changed my avatar picture lol no more 'spacepimp'. More evil looking now, heh.

4. Patience

Patience Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Spacepimp lol. For some reason my first thought was Moscow nightclub.

Welcome to forum.

5. MIsha Bakunin

MIsha Bakunin Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Oh I see that now, it does look Moscow nightclub. I used to go to Russian clubs in Riga, Latvia so I think I know what you mean. I used to be quite an active clubber years ago. I am a a little old for too much clubbing now. Are you from Russia?

Thanks for the welcome, its good to be here :)

6. Patience

Patience Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    From Russia? Nope. From a small town in Illinois, never really been anywhere or done much.

Latvia though... I'm looking for a former member of the Politiska policija, had a Philipino wife, he was from Riga prefecture, he would have stood out.

Drop me a PM if you have a lead, He is an old freind, we lost contact.

I know Riga is a pretty big area, but the Philippino wife, who knows?

7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A good topic . I have been saving the naturally growing mullein on my property for years in case the present S.H.T.F. situation did arrive . Well we are here . This year I plan to collect the mullein seed and grow a framed garden bed with it .

8. Patience

Patience Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Man, mullein grows everywhere along the tracks. I could gather leaves by the bushell.

If I had more yard, I would grow stuff. As it is, I have about a 10 foot square thats in full shade.

9. Wags

Wags Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Used to use rocks when I was a tree planter or you'd systematically cut a piece of you pant bottom of you pants off each time and by the end of the week you'd have shorts. Just don't cut too much or you'll end up with Daisy Dukes.

Godspeed.

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Newspaper will work. Back in the old days they put a Sears and Robuck catalog in the outhouse for reading and wiping. Any coarse non-slick paper will work. I'm not real sure what the sudden panic about toilet paper is. People are acting like toilet paper snd bottled water are the big must-haves for surviving COVID-19. ???

Buy a bunch of dehydrated sponges and set them aside for ass wiping. You can wash dry and reuse them many times. I hate to break this to you but survival is not for the fastidious. You will be dirty a lot of the time and the idea that cleanliness is important is for people that have the time, place and resources that may be in short supply if we go down the tubes.

You will need to stay as clean as possible. You will also have to accept that the level of cleanliness that we have now is not the norm for people in most of the world and none in the past. I remember when people had smells. We sweated and that was just the way it was. Different people had different smells. This was natural and normal. Now we all smell like flowers or something. We are as artificial as the world that we live in...

11. MBB

MBB New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Mullein and Borage and Lamb's Ear are good substitutes. Not fig leaves.. they itch. o_0

12. Patience

Patience Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    [QUOTE="TexDanm, post: ] I hate to break this to you but survival is not for the fastidious. You will be dirty a lot of the time...

You will need to stay as clean as possible. .[/QUOTE]

I choose... neither.