Using Technology In The Wilderness

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Corzhens, Jul 2, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I still have to try this but it really gets me excited to think of using my phone and the drone in the woods. Isn’t it amazing that you are in the wilderness where there are no people and then you have your smart phone and the apps that would connect you to the world via the internet? Don’t ask me about the signal because as I said, I haven’t tried it yet. Another thing that I want to try is to use the drone in checking on the terrain. It would be great to see on the monitor (the phone’s monitor) the kind of terrain that we are about to tread with the help of the flying drone with an installed camera. I have heard on the news lately that rebel forces in the boondocks are now using the drone against the military troops. Maybe the drone will be the standard in spying.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Drones are definitely fun to use when you're on a survival trip, they're pretty useful in scouting the area around you and finding core resources (water, food, dry wood). If you bring both your phone and drone on your trip make sure to carry a powerbank, prefferably one that has more than 15k mAh if you're going to be there for a few days. Drones eat a lot of power.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    There will be no use of your smartphone if you don't get signals in your phone. Your smartphone will become useless if there is no internet connection. Furthermore, even if you find signals and are able to use it, how will you recharge your phone in case battery drains. You are in the wilderness, there is no electricity and your power bank has just been used up, what will you do now?
    If you can use the technology in the wilderness it is simply great, however, it it is not available, you need to be prepared for worse.

4. zackdsilvis

zackdsilvis New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I would love to test out my drone where I go out camping next time. It'd be interesting to see what I am not able to see from hundreds of feet above. I gotta buy a power bank with a bigh capacity soon before I do that though.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble with relying on technology is that it will let you down at the very time you need it most.