Vehicle Crashes Focused To Women

Discussion in 'Ladies Section' started by Pragmatist, Feb 12, 2021.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2021/02/12/601173.htm

Good afternoon all,

An insurance study addresses why more injuries to women than men.

This report introduces the subject to us. It's important for women especially in re vehicle evacuations.

The comment by Rosenblatt is important and clarifying; women drive smaller vehicles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Smaller vehicles will get you squished. However, there are times one needs an M1 Abrams. Bad weather, I'm in an SUV gas-guzzler = high gas bill, but some more safety ... at least it has a steel frame.

This cold snap had me going out to my car this morning with the temperature at around 23 F / -5 C.

Observation: If the roads are icy and there is fog, and yet you drive at regular speeds on an interstate highway, you are psychologically brain-dead and soon to be physically brain-dead. Bad weather, I don't take any interstate -- too many stupid people driving too fast. Bad weather, I'm taking the smaller roads -- slower, yet I'm more in control.

I have 50 lb of tools, ropes, a come-along, logging chain (in winter), 4-ft. wrecking bar, 2 lb hammer, wool blankets (even in summer; plus space blankets), ... . As far as the first aid kit goes, I always include blood-clotting agent and tourniquet. This reminds me, I need a 14 ga catheter to treat tension pneumothorax -- writing that down right now. Thought I had one or two here in my home desk drawer ... sht, can't find any. Hmmm, few boxes of ammo, no cath.s; kind'a ironic. Got some Super Glue. Often, I glue my cuts. Knew a thoracic surgeon from Madrid who back in the day (one long dang time ago) used regular Super Glue on an infarcted heart chamber wall (didn't ask the details, I was laughing) -- nowadays there's all manner of surgical glues. I've gotta get to bed.

Don't get involved in an apocalyptic cluster-#### on the highway!!!!!!! Icy / can't-see environment = get a hotel room. The wifer and I have had to do that a few times. Survived ice storms, beyond scary; too many stories. We need to use our dang trains!!!!!! Why ship all these goods using stupid 18-wheelers -- how stupid! Use the trains, for heaven's sake. Stupid stupid stupid.........

This happened today in Pennsylvania:

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Mar 28, 2022
    2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Mar 28, 2022
    3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Mar 28, 2022
    4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer, Mar 28, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    what someone uses a vehicle for denotes what that vehicle is.
    someone who does a lot of driving on motorways probably needs a large comfortable vehicle, someone like me who lives in a rural area and does mostly rural narrow back road driving needs something smaller and more nippy, not that my little car cant hold its own on the motorways because it can, and you would be surprised what I can get in the back.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not necessarily buy into this one by Pragmatist...in the opening of this thread..

First off...many people are put off by the high and higher price of gas.....thus the exodus to smaller cars by both men and women....

But men tend to buy larger cars....SUVs et al.

Also something seldom discussed by today's marketplace is that women are the greatest determiner of what kind of cars are bought in many families...not the males. Ask any car salesperson...and they will verify this.

Not just cars but also items for the house and home...as well...it is women who determine this marketplace s well.

A single woman, of which there is a growing number in todays broken families, is very likely to buy a more economical vehicle...and not a large SUV. As long as the male is paying for it and also maintaining ...the woman does not mind an SUV driven by the male..for the family. But on her own from a broken family, most women will migrate to smaller cars.....no safety net to count on .

Not sure what some of you are thinking here..

Something else many do not seem to be aware out here...and that is most of the market share is direted to women ..not the males.

And this is because in practical terms..a woman with a man has access to her monies if she works and also her man's money if she has a man. This does not usually work in reverse....

So women have a wider choice and selection in a safety net..if she has a man...and this translates into a much bigger market share and businesses and advertisers are acutely aware of this.

Are some of you understanding now why the Bride's magazines are so thick????

To get to the man...you get to the kids and the kids get to the woman and the woman gets to the man with the latest advertised necessity and or emergency...to the mans wallet....understand now??? And the man runs the touchdown.

This means that the female/women do much much more shopping than the males.

Give an average American Male some ESPN and or Kardashian backsides....and his thinking stops...he is now good for another hundred thousand miles of responding to his woman's stimulus/cues and clues...and conditioned responses.

Most of the market here in America is directed to women ...not to men and males.

The Average American male is so conditioned and unthinking he buys a certain kid of car/vehicle because so directed by his woman or because he never saw an ugly woman get out of one.

The system is set up for very few people to think but only react to a conditioned stimulus...

Do you think that if the Advertisers know this ...that the politicians know this as well and are more than willing to take advantage of this unawareness????

Think....do not just react to a stimulus....think for yourselves and for your own reasons.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The skeletal systems of women are not a large nor robust as men's. The female skull is much lighter and thinner. The genetic programming in XY humans spells "heavy duty" to protect adult males against injuries. Male hormone magnifies the already different genetic programming. How the XX body uses/metabolizes nitrogenous compounds (all proteins) is very different that that of the XY humans. You cannot inject females, XX-ers, with male hormone and create a man -- the genetically-programmed chemistry is not designed to deal with a whole lot of androgens. Men, the XY-ers, also hold on to iron, they have more red blood cells and more hemoglobin. Why? Men engage in activities that get them hurt and that make them bleed; and hey, men fight other men, we just do (I've slammed and have been slammed by other XY creatures). Oh, and there's far more cases of anemia among women than men.

When airbags were first mandated for cars, a lot of women got severely injured, even killed. The airbag would snap the woman's neck. Thus, airbag inflation robustness had to be toned down. On x-ray, a female cervical spine is small vs and male cervical spine. I believe that a man should instantly be charged with a felony if he slams a woman in the head with his fist. When men punch a woman in the face with the force they use for hitting other men, the woman can be killed. (Me, I have to buy large and XL shirts, which leave me with lots of spare fabric around the waist, due to my dang neck being 17 1/2" or 18" / 45 cm, my shoulders are a bit strangely wide also; they must make shirts big in the waistline due to American men having too large of pot bellies; another example of spoiled / too well fed Americans.).

Today's small cars are far safer than in times past. The fronts & engine compartments are engineered to crumple. Better the car get totaled than the humans inside.

Side note: This old geezer will NEVER get into a self-driving car. Working in Quality Control for almost two decades made me more of a non-trusting individual than that to which I was born -- and I was born with too much Ulster Scots in me to begin with:D.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a lot of women drive big cars because they feel safer with all that metal around them.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I cannot fathom how people can be so stupid!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I gave up on other people a long time ago because they are so stupid.
    sometimes a small vehicle is better than a large one, especially when like me one drives on narrow back country roads, I can get through without having to back up for other vehicles travelling in the opposite direction, where large vehicle would get stuck, especially useful Post SHTF.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I didn't think you read Brides magazines, lol.

I get what you're saying but don't men have an attachment to vehicles? Maybe that's the wrong word. Aren't vehicles that men drive primarily of their choosing? I don't know of a man (personally) that is dictated by a woman as to the vehicle he drives. That's bizarre. I thought men had more balls and weren't unduly influenced or coerced by woman in this area, or indeed that they were so spineless and dick orientated that they bought a vehicle simply because of some ad they watched on TV.

There's a very good Toyota Hilux (oh what a feeling!) ad running at the moment, which is an extremely clever piece of advertising. It shows a couple in a divorce conference, ending in shared custody of the vehicle.

I agree that woman essentially make more purchasing choices when it comes to household stuff (bar outdoor accessories such as barbies, etc) but can't quite get my head around advertising being directed at women, rather than men with regards to vehicles.

A single woman? Yes, most probably a smaller vehicle, especially now in Aus with the fuel skyrocketing (the gov here takes 48.8c in tax for every litre of fuel sold) and the cost of living going into the stratosphere. So prices would definitely influence which type of vehicle was purchased by a single woman, especially one with children (unless her ex paid maintenance and was reasonably well off).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Good point. I couldn't believe the width of some of the country "roads" when I first lived in the UK.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Common sense really, for the most part.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    which area was that? down in the southwest the country roads are deep narrow rural lanes with a 6ft deep ditch on one side and a granite wall on the other.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    God. Now you're asking! I used to work in Godalming, Surrey when I first moved over. I remember some of the roads were so narrow.

There are a lot of places generally in the UK with narrow roads, or as you describe them, rural lanes, which is more accurate. I did a bit of travelling in and UK generally exploring, so I can't remember specifically. Other than Godalming and when I moved to Stanley, near Durham up north. Visiting Northumberland for example.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Blitz....

Men do indeed have an attachment to vehicles..but in a much different light than do women....however....

When a man of responsibility ....takes up with a woman ...in particular when children are involved....this tends to limit a responsible man's choices in what kind of car he chooses to buy ....as he must make his monies go further...with children involved.

As a rule....women taking up with a man...get more options...a man gets fewer options....particularly if children are involved.

Merchandizers/advertisers and auto sales people know this....and conduct accordingly.

Remember what I said about the Brides magazines....chocked full of ads.....in many of them...mostly ads....

That is because for most women....their wedding day is their power day...more access to more options....often without risks.

And so too the marketplace in Western economically affluent nations.

Why do you think so many are trying to get to certain Western nations and not non western nations??? It is the economic affluence...

By lonewolf...

This may be...but who is paying for them....insuring them?????

If a woman has to pay for a car herself out of her career earnings ..and insure it too...also pay for the repairs.....what kind of car do you think she will choose????

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    National Public Radio (NPR "National Propaganda Radio) was interviewing a woman who wanted to become a man. She had begun taking male hormones for the transition. She told the reporter that due to this, she had lusted after / REALLY WANTED a Mustang muscle-car she'd seen on the road.

The Leftist reporter was left dismayed by what she/it told him, but kept his sense of humor. He said that what she had just said flew in the face of liberal dogma concerning gender being a thing of the mind and not of the body.

Human Neurology 101 - Hormones affect how our brains work ... they do so in a profoundly big way.

OK, so I love our little 4-cylinder car. Looks sporty -- has "Sport Package" -- but gets dynamite gas mileage -- has 6 forward gears. Having said that, in my heart of hearts, I want to drive a brute vehicle. Just bought a big truck, 4x4 -- macho to the max. Put new tires on it with very dynamic tread for winter snows. Truck has side under-door rails to use as a step to get up into the beast and to protect to some degree the undercarriage.

I want to put a monster front bumper on this old beast of a truck. Wife suggested a "cow catcher" front. I love her.

This evil bumper I want so as to scoop'n'toss those stupid idiot drivers in front of me off the dam##d road so that I can keep on truckin'.

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

upload_2023-11-11_15-11-32.png

I want to send idiots airborne!!! ... without damaging my own truck, of course.

upload_2023-11-11_15-16-21.png

TMT Tactical, Blitz and watcherchris like this.
  16. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Well. I spent my youth riding very fast motorbikes. Actually got my licence when I lived in the UK. It was very hard back then (compared to Australia). I had to enrol in a course run by Surrey Constabulary. I was fortunate enough to have a very good friend that I grew up with who happened to race motorbikes. He visited me in the UK and taught me how to master one. Spent hours (literally) in the pouring rain, all hours of the night in a car park practising the techniques of control my friend handed down. Come the actual course run by the Police, they would take us out on long roads, one cop in front and one behind for each rider and gave us permission to ride like the wind. Then we'd stop behind the lead cop bike and they would explain what we did right and what we needed to improve on. I came 2nd in the school and received a Certificate from Surrey Police for my efforts. I missed a point doing the weaving in and out of witches' hats. No wonder the UK have the best drivers/riders. Australian drivers/riders suck big time in comparison!

When I met my husband, he also rode bikes, ex Police bikes. Massive, powerful beasts that I couldn't even hold up. What fun!

BUT, when we got together properly, he INSISTED that I drive a Range Rover because of the safety aspect. (He had had a head-on doing around 100 on a country road when a car pulled out. The occupants of the Jap car were dead as dodos and the car a twisted wreck but the Range Rover was intact, as was my husband, with no injuries, who drove home after the accident). He had trained (as I'm sure I've already said somewhere along the line) on Army Land Rovers, Unimogs, APCs, Ferrets and the like, as a driver as well as a mechanic and would not allow me to drive a small Jap vehicle. Hence grew my love of all things off-road. Later in years, I desperately wanted a HUMVEE/Hummer, whatever they're called now. Absolutely not the vehicle for Australian bush tracks unfortunately, as they are simply too wide to be practically useful. Some were imported but price was off the charts, so it was only the super rich celebrity types (or drug runners) who could afford them.

Mind you, I also had a "thing" for a Major in the Australian Army called Les Hiddins, the Bush Tucker Man. My young son was obsessed watching his shows (as was I). I ended up buying his complete, remastered Bush Tucker Man series. I swore I would buy a Landie just like his. Lucky for me, my husband made it so! Hahahaha! I was a very lucky woman.

Now? Well, let's just say things have come down a peg.

TMT Tactical likes this.