New Member Very Important

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Kay Michaels, Jul 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Kay Michaels

Kay Michaels New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi Friends,

I am Kay Michaels. Lemme tell you something very important. Before going ahead with any thing it is very important to know and to be known around. So to make a real difference and to get along for a long term its very important to know what you are entering into and follow the rules. So take some time see around and introduce yourselves to each other so that we all enjoy our associations. Because as you know its "Survival of the fittest". Happy Surviving!

Kay.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I assume this is your introduction Kay, so good day & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

3. Kay Michaels

Kay Michaels New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Keith .... Ya roads less traveled are always interesting

Keith H. likes this.
  4. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Hello and welcome Kay Michaels. Good to have you on board. Survival of the fittest indeed.
    Enjoy your stay! :)

5. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't get it. Might be the language barrier. But welcome never the less!

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not more language problems.

Mr Boots likes this.
  7. Scott Hobbs

Scott Hobbs New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello, I am Scott. Currently living in the UK.
    I hope I can acquire enough knowledge, or advice where to get knowledge and skills to take steps in the direction of life I have considered and decided as a challenge for my future here on this forum.
    I am planning as many have planned, to leave the rat race for a more deliberate, long term life off the land.
    My wife is Canadian, one of our steps is, we have decided to start out journey there. Though our off grid dream will not relisticly begin without the right knowledge, skills, practiced.

My mind is a little bit more prepared, than my wife's, (the theory of what is required).
    We both have hiking experience, have understanding of clothing layering, have prepared and cooked food on our camping, hiking travels, popped in a hole, but realistically, knowledge/skill is more realistic to say basic or complete beginner.

This does not faze us, as we know that any journey is made up of individual steps, and gifts ones have to be made.

I hope I was right to put all this here, but I mainly hope for advice on a first step.

Thankyou in advance

Scott

serg likes this.
  8. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Scott, & welcome to this forum.
    I am not sure that there is a first step to living off grid, if that is your aim. Perhaps being debt free & having enough money to purchase land. Once you are on the land you can start to learn the skills required to grow food. There are so many skills to learn when it comes to wilderness living. Equipment will be another need, but only the right equipment, not fancy modern gadgets. Just basic sustainable tools.
    I suggest you choose the right board on this forum & start asking questions. It is so much easier for someone to answer direct specific questions one at a time.
    Keith.

LastOutlaw likes this.