"vigilance, Preparedness And Self-sufficiency"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Feb 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Justin Baker and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    It's in Waynesville, only 25 miles west by southwest of Asheville, and 25 miles out of Cherokee, heading east. I think I've been there before ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here are some interviews with people who know what it is to be self-sufficient. In their childhoods, you were self-sufficient or you were dead. These folk are my folk. When I was a boy, these were my grandparents who raised my parents. None, my parents included, had any electricity nor indoor plumbing. My parents were born between 1920 and 1925 in beyond-rural Southern Appalachia -- my mom up in a mountain holler in North Carolina and my dad was born in an iron mining camp in the far northeastern mountains of Tennessee.

There's a bunch of information in here if you're willing to listen to these blessed people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW4NuhRIuxM

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    even in my early life there were no such things as supermarkets, computers and mobile phones, if people didnt store stuff they didnt have it and most fathers grew at least some of the family food in the back garden.
    there was little or no electricity in houses in the UK until about the early 1930s some didnt have it until the 1960s, I still remember the wall gas lights in my grandparents house.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.