Volcanic Winter

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by BigZirp, Dec 5, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BigZirp

BigZirp Expert Member
      178/230

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Global Warming threat is far more immediate, going by the latest chart we have very little time (my life time!!!) to stabilize climate change. After that, if no action is taken, my grandchildren are going to burn!!! Very few people are taking this seriously, but it is very serious indeed. This is not a TEOTWAWKI situation, this is THE END OF THE WORLD!!! This can happen in the next 30 years, that is not very long!!! Governments are corrupt & influenced by Corporatism, so unless the majority of people overthrow the government, we are all going to burn. I am not sure that going underground will save us either given the temperatures above ground may affect the ventilation systems. In the North it may for a while create another ice age, but I am not sure this will be any better than too much heat.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical and BigZirp like this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The idea that a volcano would cause an ice-age is unlikely. Even the eruption of a super volcano like the one under Yellow stone wouldn't do it. NOW that said it would cause a winter that might last of several years. Krakatoa cause the year without a summer last time it blew. The thing is that the particulate mater blown up by a volcano is heavy and comes down. The gases that it puts out though last longer and are green house gasses. The short global winter then turns into a warmer period that thaws what the long cold period did.

The weather thing is so wildly complicated. One of the odd possibilities is that global warming in the end if it ever actually gets bad enough to cause the north polar ice to melt may cause another REAL ice-age that will cover all of Great Britain. All of Canada, a lot of Northern Europe and about Half of the US and a lot of Russia.

It would be caused by the huge flood of fresh water into the Gulf Stream causing it to stop flowing. It has to do with the fact that cold salt water is heavy and sinks down flowing away from the pole. As it reaches the tropics and warms it rises up to the top and circles back up. This brings warmth to the East Coast of the US and also males The North of Europe warmer than it would be. Fresh water is lighter than salt water and would float on the top causing it to get a lot colder in Northern Europe. This surface cooling would also eventually shut down the flow because the rising salt water would be cooled and not pick up any warmth in the tropics. Without it the ice in the north would never melt and would start heading south from the poles leading to an ice-age.

The reality is that the Northern part of the world has had a 500 year period of rather mild weather. That is changing. Which direction is totally up for debate.

TMT Tactical, BigZirp and Keith H. like this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there was a volcano that erupted in Iceland a few years ago, a big dust cloud proved to be a problem for airline travel for awhile but I don't recall it causing any problems for us non flying types.

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The particulate matter that a volcano throws up is VERY abrasive and is tough on both mechanical engines and human lungs. You just can't breathe that stuff.

6. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow....volcanos......another thing about which to fear and tremble!!

There was a time back in the 1980s or so when some five or more volcanos were going off at the same time.

What was to me so interesting about it...is the satellite photo taken in another light spectrum where in it was clearly visible the particles ejected from these volcanos into the upper atmosphere where the Jet Streams were moving these particle clouds around the equator...around the middle of the planet....high in the atmosphere.

Problem is that I just don't remember the winter being any more harsh than previous winters.

I am suspecting that it would take a significant pole shift or rotational axis tilt to change our winters...not volcanos.

My non Ishmaeliite .02

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If a mega-volcano does its thing, then agriculture, especially here in America, is going to take a major or catastrophic hit.

As for climate change, a major volcanic eruption could make changes for a few years, probably less than five years.

As for current climate change, the effects could go bad, but not cataclysmic. Scientists are having to look selectively to find the data they need to support their premise that the rate is rapid and that it is human activity causing it. The Earth's climate changes with many interacting cycles. When a beat frequency occurs, significant change occurs, then that effect dampens-out. The Earth will have another ice age. When? Nobody knows.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    re: climate change

Want to reduce CO2 emissions? Go nuclear. This is the only option that provides sufficient energy needs for industry, i.e. not returning to the Dark Ages.

Note that as CO2 levels go up. The Earth's biomass increases greatly. Too much plant life in the oceans can cause problems, of course.

TMT Tactical and arctic bill like this.
  9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

The olde timers who taught me stated that the biggest effect on world wide weather and or pollution was active volcanos...not people.

They also stated that logical and reasonable, educated, illuminated, intelligent men should be doing what they do best..passing laws against active volcanos.

Made sense to me...for a bunch of Ishmaelites.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I fear that bastard going up and I don't even know if one can adequately prepare for such a thing.

Yeah, you can't breath in that ash. You need to wear a dust mask.

11. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    if that volano does erupt in yellowstone, figure on a nuclear winter effect ( sun light 90% blocked )for 2-5 years, maybe the southern hemisphere will survive but most plant life in the north hemisphere will die off until the sun comes back .

12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There are indications in our genes that about 50,000 years ago people almost went extinct. There may have been as few as 5000 survivors from which all people now living are descended. The most likely thing was some sort of volcanic activity that did as we are talking about.

The good news is that if people from that time could survive this sort of long term winter that modern man should also survive at least as well. The human species is the most adaptable animal that we have ever found evidence of. From the hottest driest deserts through the swamp and forests all the way into the arctic people live and prosper. The only animal that comes close is the bear and they don't do near as well in the extreme climates as we do.

I think that the reason for this may be that in our formative centuries as a species the world may not have been nearly as peaceful as it has been for the last couple thousand years. Over and over we have been forced to adapt or die and so far we have always managed to not just survive but to thrive all over the world.

Our easy life these days has made people unaware of the true potential of our body and mind. So called primitive people were only less than us in their accumulated knowledge in a few very narrow areas. Their minds worked in ways that are different from ours. With no writing everything that they knew or needed to know was remembered. Their ability to visualize the world allowed them to wander all over the place and not get lost. They could return to most any place that they had ever been. They knew the stars and near planets in an intimate fashion like a sports fanatic knows team players names, statistics and habits.

Kids these days are becoming mindless because they don't need to think. They have their computers, smart cell phones, calculators and tablets to think and remember for them. The ability is still there but I don't think that people are going to keep the ability to truly think forever if there is less than no benefit to it in the evolutionary sense.

A volcanic winter would change everything. Suddenly once again stupidity would have a price. Thinking and planning ahead will again be advantageous. Also big round people like me will be beat adapted to the cold. We have a superior surface area to volume ratio for cold don't you know. LOL...

TMT Tactical, BigZirp and Old Geezer like this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wife has just spent a weekend with her nephew and his wife, they are heavily into technology and I do mean HEAVILY! the stuff is all over the place, they cannot cope without their tablets and mobiles, even got these Alexa things in every room and they tell it to shut off the lights, put the lights on, do this do that, so they aren't even putting the lights on at the wall switch. and these aren't kids they are in their 40s.
    power goes down and people like these wont know what to do because technology runs their lives for them, without it they are lost, I think your 5,000 survivors will seem a lot compared with how many will survive without their technology in a modern SHTF.

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Those talking machines bug the heck out of me. I like my technology to be silent and just do what it's told! I'm breaking in a new computer and at first it wanted to chat with me. As soon as I got it up and running I cut her throat.

15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm a bit of a neo-luddite, I dislike technology, I believe it is taking over our lives and the world, I have a very old mobile phone which is only used for emergencies-not many of those so its off most of the time, and i'm typing this on a 3 year old laptop, that's the sum of my technology, and i'll happily dispose of it when SHTF.

16. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It may seem a little paranoid but in this data sensitive era that we live in I can't help thinking it's foolish to connect a device that listens to you, and controls all your household devices and then connect it to the Internet when you don't actually know the limits of its capabilities or what it uses that information for.
    Does Siri ever stop listening?
    It's bad enough that your phone or iPad try's to reset all your privacy preferences each time it updates without being instructed to do so. My new phone(I'm being forced to carry one for work) is constantly trying to turn on tracking and targeted advertising. its not so much that I feel big brother is constantly watching us....but big business certainly is.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    TMT Tactical, BigZirp and lonewolf like this.
  17. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Anyway back to the thread, there is very little volcanic activity around the UK even though there is a sizeable fault line just off the Bristol Channel. Each year there are few minor seismic events that are barely fealt on the surface. The U.K. as a whole is almost blissfully unaware of (and unprepared for)how much damage a major seismic or volcanic event can cause. Even though Yellowstone is on the other side of the world from me it's effects could be global and have a lasting effect on agriculture.

18. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the Iceland volcano a few years ago hindered and even delayed air travel but it was a short duration, a week or two if I remember right.

TMT Tactical, BigZirp and Ystranc like this.
  19. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Yeah...I agree...I understand and appreciate technology ..but I don't want it making decisions for me or telling me what to do per se...running my life..my personal life.

Also you are correct lonewolf...dependency on technology can be a hazard if you cannot function without it. I always believe in being able to do a Manual override...when I can.

This is one reason I have lock picks in my back pocket...for running a bypass if needed. I have also taught myself how to fabricate my own lockpicks when needed...though my tools are factory made..I can still get by and make my own picks and shims.

Texdanm....

LOL LOL LOL...now this is funny and also appropriate....well said Olde Man...well said!!!

When I am not on this laptop...I remove the AC power cord and also the cable connection. This laptop has the battery removed from it. I don't want anyone finding their way into my machine when I am not here....anyone.

Lonewolf....

LOL LOL LOL...Luddite...LOL LOL...now I've not heard that word used in some time...Thanks.

I make no plans to get any of those Alexa type devices....not for me thanks.

I got angry years ago when they came out with some kind of drink dispensing machine which talked. I wanted to shoot them to get it to shut up.

Peace and Quiet can be a very very valuable commodity in this world.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Watcherchris. I too like my piece and quiet, I don't know why mankind as a whole makes so much noise, I think they must be frightened of silence, they'll find it a whole lot quieter POST SHTF when there is no traffic noise or aircraft noise.

21. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I found it amusing when the FBI " well I am not really sure which government agency tapped my phone " You could here their phone pick up . Also sent out agents to check on me , ended up costing me a job . After a while the amusing part faded away . They eventually must have decided I wasn';t that bad to spend that kind of money on monitering me . They can easier snoop on people these days with their ever increasing technology .

22. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah....what do you people think it really means when a piece of equipment reads on the back of it..FCC type accepted???

Do any of you remember back when you could get a telephone answer machine which had on it a feature wherein you could dial your home number and insert a code...and listen to the room in which your answer machine was placed??

I realized back then that much of this was possible from any phone system...hard wired or wireless. Even more so with a cell phone.....today. Any camera on my computer is taped over....and as I stated...the power is removed when not on it and the battery removed as well. The cable connection removed...when I am not using it.

I have also suspected that our cable tv systems are much much more than advertised ...from a monitoring aspect.

Also later on ...I got back in touch with one of my friends who worked for a local telephone company.

What he told me is that many of the monitoring features are already built into the telephone system and were so back in the rotary dial years. This technology was only increased by design, by a plan, when they went to touch tone dialing...making it faster and more efficient to monitor as well as dial.

Be very careful with your wireless non cellular land lines and what business you conduct over them if you think you are being monitored for any reason.

He also told me that he had installed many monitoring systems for larger businesses in their plants/factories....to monitor the plants phone systems....through a central office. Many larger factories have a central monitoring piece of equipment by which they can monitor any of the extensions in their plant/factory.

I suspect that under certain conditions my dual band ham walkie talkie can be more secure/private than many phone systems...cellular and or land line.

One of the features of certain spy equipment which startled me because I knew of some of it's applications..but never thought of it being used to spy.

This technology is called laser technology and in this application Photogrammetry.

Photogrammetry is a laser technology often used to very accurately measurer the dimensions of a piece of equipment...even the compartment in which the equipment is placed or mounted...in three dimensions.
    It can accurately measurer the thickness of a spacer and tell you how to make adjustments or fit a new spacer.

To my surprise I learned that this measuring technology is used to shine a laser onto a glass window pane and accurately measure the glass displacement when effected by sound waves vibrating or resonating against the glass pane. This measurement or displacement can be run through a computer program and turned into audio...thus allowing those monitoring to hear what is going on in the room.

While I never made this connection on my own..I realized immediately.. when told..that this was true...about a laser.

And this is olde technology today. What must more modern technology be like???

I suspect that only under more special requirements do agencies even need to post a watch outside the location or domicile of a person today. Most monitoring can be remotely done....electronically.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    my only use of technology is this fairly old laptop computer, the camera is already taped over, only used for forums and ebay ordering, mobile phone is only used for emergencies and I don't use the land line.

24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    A few months ago my daughter was having a problem with someone hacking into her phone .To her surprise she got a phone call from an old high school boyfriend , unknown until then is now a C.I.A. agent . He told her he saw the problem on her phone and fixed it . Considering we now live in a different state than where she went to high school and has a different last name , he knew exactly who she was and where she now lives . This C.I.A. agent is a good guy , but still this is scary stuff . Seeing as how I know I at least at one time was on the governments radar ,This same agent may be monitoring my postings .

25. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmmmmm poltiregist...so you think they could be checking up on you on this site??

Hmmmm...if so that is interesting....???!! Did they think you were unbalanced...a danger....a threat to the status quo????

Or even much much worse.....you don't run nor think with the Herd.???

Survivalists and preppers are such seedy characters.

But antifa ..the radical left...and the snowflakes being turned out on our colleges and universities are ok...as long as they vote correctly and with the Herd....PC.

Wait until they find out what I do for a living....that should take some of the heat off you.

But you are correct..it is a bit frightening or at least unsettling how much they can look into your private affairs...particularly when the founders warned us about the nature of government.

Back on topic...

In the early 70s I was up at Keflavik, Iceland when a volcano erupted near the coast line...and threatened to cut off the harbor to the small fishing village.

I got detailed to help as the airport wherein a lot of people who were evacuating were having their personal belongings shipped to be stored. Unpacking and transporting these belongings it was all of it..covered with a fine grayish white abrasive similar to sand ...but not quite as abrasive....it was all over their stuff.....ash.

The harbor almost got shut off by the lava flow but pumping water on it saved the fishing harbor.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  26. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Very likely Watcherchris if they are still monitoring me they have already picked up on you , The government boys shut down a manufacturing plant for an hour just to take my picture for their files . Just thought I would mention that as something you may want to be on alert for .

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  27. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

They do not need to shut down our plant....

This plant has a large security department and I have a particular class of clearance....meaning all the information is and has been there....occasionally updated. But you are most likely are correct about the association on this site.

I am on a few other sites as well. Had a clearance in the USAF as well.

Out of curiosity...what did they manufacture at the plant of which you mention...or can you say???

Watcherchris,
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Boats , When the picture thing occurred , I already suspected the government boys when they announced they wanted a picture of all the vets . So when they herded us into a large building I purposefully stood in the center of about three hundred people . There was about half a dozen suit clad agents standing there posing as photographers . As soon as I stopped in the center of the crowd , they pointed at me and said " you we want on the front " . Honestly they didn't have to go to that extreme to get my picture , they could have simply asked for it .

29. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Boats??? Do you mean ..like private boats..recreational boats...or something else.

Vets...Wow?? Was this during the Obama Years....it smells of such?? It smells of Ishmaelites....bondage..distrust.

Not good when a government does not trust it's vets.

Just as I have been saying about not trusting Americans with a gun....we will therefore never be trusted with a vote...

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:

31. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Just recreational boats , it wasn't my job they were worried about , It was my military back ground plus refusing to conform to the new social norms . I still cling to my Christian upbringing . I have friends they don't approve . It's not what I have done that terrifies the government boys , it's what I could do .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't help that so many on this site use words or phrases that would have been flagged up by Prism. No wonder they watch, we're so interesting.

33. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The thing is that as survivalists/preppers we have already mostly given up on things as they are. We are not of the revolutionary mind set. We lean more towards outliving the government than changing it. Our problem is more with what people have become than the Government that they elect. When people go stupid they elect stupid leadership and then pay no attention to the fact that their elected officials do nothing that they promised. The governments are simply a reflection of the people that they rule.

34. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    lol lol lol....poltiregist.....

Sorry olde man..but that is funny though this is a serious concern.

I was born overseas as a result of my fathers military career. I was born in Tripoli, Libya. What do you think happens when I fill out the forms to buy a gun.??

Lots of us have military backgrounds. Some of us have little sub codes on the codes which explain in what we have been trained.

Could do!!??.....ok....you say so.

I believe Texdanm...knows what I do for a living...Olde Geezer too.

Let me tell you poltiregist...If we make a colossal mistake at work......a significant cluster you know what.....no one is going to be living in this town or the next one over and possibly the county above us as well.....for years and years and years.

If the guys watching you are watching this site...they can put that in their pipes and smoke on it awhile.

The average American around here....all across this nation for that matter hasn't a clue...they are out to lunch.

But they know about Dr, Phil and the Kardashians.

I just love that warm fuzzy stuff....a TV and Movie education.

Hoooooorah!!!!

Texdamn...

Well said Texdanm....well said..

The older I get the more cynical I get about government and realize the founders were seriously on to something many today in the reins of power wish would simply go away...

Also....many of the Elders who taught me...also taught that anyone with real skills and knowledge does not go to work in government...they work in the private sector....where there are more opportunities.

That tells us something very significant about the nature of government.

Thanks,

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not out to change the government, I intend to outlive it, to survive what comes after it collapses. WROL and societal collapse etc.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    same words and phrases I am sure that are used on every other prepper or survival forum.
    many are merely a shorthand version which makes life easier without writing out the whole thing every time, most preppers know what they mean.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:

38. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow!!

I had to look up what WROL meant.

I need to get out more!!

But I got it now thanks.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  39. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I admit I choose my words poorly when I said " what I could do " . I was simply trying to insinuate without saying too much . Building boats was not my primary occupation but was a temporary thing .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    building boats is a skill not everyone can master, if you can do it then more power to your elbow!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  41. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Not to me you didn't. I understood pretty much from the starting gate.

I've been associated with the military for most of my life. Born overseas as a result of my fathers military career...

Did my time in uniform when I came of age...Vietnam days. Got out after four years because I wanted to stay put and not travel around a whole lot. I've seen enough of the world....some nice places out there but it is not home.

Now I build aircraft carriers and submarines in a private yard..but it is still the military ....US Navy.

Agree with lonewolf's assessment here..

Lots of military around here...on the Chesapeake Bay.

poltiregist, Even the CIA has their training facility up the road from me outside of Colonial Williamsburg....called Camp Perry...aka..."The Farm."

Once in awhile...when you work the graveyard shifts and watch carefully ...interesting things happen along this river at night ..as well as in this bay.

The average American hasn't a clue behind their televisions and remote controllers.

Gotta run now..

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Poltiregist,

I have been musing on this earlier post of yours.

Let me start by telling you that I too do not conform to the new social norms. I consider them to be junk...dross ..draught.

Most of us here are people of discipline..often hard earned and hard learned. We have not always been afforded the easy way out with someone else taking the risks out of life for us.....flashdancing us through life's difficulties.

Many of us are not "Social Butterflies" or whatever the new norm is supposed to be or whatever it changes/morphs into next week. We are not that interested in keeping up.

It is not that we are unsocial per se..but we are choosy about the company we keep because of the disciplines we have learned.

And His Word is discipline ...it is Salt...and this fickle ever changing world does not like Salt...but loves sugar..

Hope that makes some kind of sense in this upside down world.

I came to Christianity the long way ...on my own as it was not a big part of our family upbringing.

I love to read when I have time and in particular...history...

Somewhere along the way I realized much of the important history which pertains to our lives is missing from our educations.

And I began to search for tell tales of this missing history and by and by I wound up in His Word.

I still read history ...and also am a shortwave listener as well as a Ham.

It is via shortwave listening I began to become aware of how rigged against us our media is ..and long before home computers. And I also realized this pertained to our pubic educations as well....much missing.

When you can find foreign stations broadcasting in English...often you will get bits of information missing from our stateside news formats. I came to realized over time that this was not accidental....but deliberate on the part of our stateside media. Which lead me to look closer at our leadership...who often send us out into the world to fight their dirty wars for someone else's profits....and often they are not even American.

The Victors get the spoils ...as the olde saying goes.

This seems to apply to anyone but Americans. This meaning we are so often fighting someone else's war/wars.

The more I was able to trace this ..the more I realized that there was something to The Word.

This world and the powers behind it do not like Salty People....they like sugary and sweet.

Slugs do not like Salt....understand????

It is not that we are never to be mild...and or meek.....but when necessary we are also to be Salty.

We are the Salt of the earth...not the sugar....understand???

I don't care if my friends or the people around me approve or do not approve.

Most of my life I have walked alone..by choice...very few friends on this end.

Had an atheist in my crew until a few weeks ago.
    He had all the stock leftist causes ....climate change...gays....group think..and whatever follows. Feel Goodism...stock Feel Goodism.

After awhile he did not do much debating with me. Not that I am very smart..I am not...but most people never think much further than sports or the Kardashians....(said tongue in cheek for emphasis.) Past their television and movie education.

It was an interesting experience.

Be Salty when needed in your walk in this world poltiregist.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  43. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:

44. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I appreciate the post watcherchris , I know some of my posts may seem a bit odd but my life experiences are for from normal . I certainly can't afford for readers on here to clue in to my identity .

45. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I for one couldn't give a monkeys about your identity, none of my business and I wouldn't waste my time and effort, got better things to do. but then i'm not the slightest bit interested in other people.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Surely you are aware that your ISP address is available to both site managment and the owners/originators of this template based forum platform. As a moderator on another forum that uses the same platform I'm familiar with how to do it using moderator tools. Government agencies can get hold of your details just as easily. The forum is constantly being accessed by guest bots. There is no such thing as absolute anonymity on the Internet.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a rolling IP that changes every time that I log on. That said I have owned and operated several boards and there are ways to track trolls if you are patient enough and know some of the various "backdoor" ways. I sent a snail mail letter to one and asked him if he would like me to mail some of his disgusting pictures to his wife at her work email. He was stalking the ladies on my board and using the chat and board mail service to harass them. He though he was anonymous. He in all his various guises disappeared from the net. It isn't easy but if you make someone mad enough there are ways to find you.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  48. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Your certainly welcome poltiregist,

Odd....LOL LOL LOL...ODD!!????

I work in a shipyard employing some 28,000 people on three shifts. We have any and everything one can imagine from A to Z in this place.

And on top of all that I am in a group of about 700 trained to handle Uranium 235. ODD???

I prefer the back shifts ...less chiefs and more Indians to be found there....my preference.

No ..I don't think your posts odd at all. Perhaps not on the beaten path...but not odd.

By conversations with many on here..we have put our back sides literally on the line for our monies and families over the years....many many times....knowing that we have to do it again tomorrow. We have had some serious frights or if you prefer ...starts over the years.
    This is not idle talk..or bravado...

Some of what we do is way beyond such styling and or profiling.

We hope our skills, training ,and team mates are up to it..the next time...and there will be a next time.

I am aware of what it is to not travel with most on the beaten path....and mostly prefer it that way...the rest can just keep on gettin up......going on past me...probably best that way.

I won't speak for you in this arena...but I ain't into drama...which is what I get entirely to much from daywalkers.
    Not for me thanks.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  49. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Texdanm....

Very interesting about a rolling IP address.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    That is a pretty common part of some online services. They own a lot of IP space and when you sign on you get what is next up on the queue.

poltiregist I'm with Chris and haven't noticed you being any stranger than any of us. Lets be honest, survivalists/preppers see the world differently than most and even in the group we have a remarkable spread. I personally think that is one of the really great things about this board. We are from all over and all see a different world. I have learned so much here. I seldom come here and don't learn something new. Here, not being odd would be a little odd. LOL.

TMT Tactical and Ystranc like this.