New Member Waddup?!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Lawrence Oliver III, Jun 14, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Lawrence Oliver III

Lawrence Oliver III New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone. The name is Lawrence Oliver III. Looking to see like minded interactions regarding survival skills and techniques. Really want to see how well humanity can live in an age where we're so incredibly dependent on technology.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi there Lawrence! I'm Bree. Unfortunately I'm one of those technology dependant people. I hope that I can learn more and change my ways.

Karen Martin likes this.
  3. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello, Lawrence: I agree with you, I always wanted to learn different survival tips to, because technology will not always be available so it;s always good to know other tricks and trades for back up for the safety for your and your family! Welcome Aboard

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the trouble is we are a technology dependent society, take that technology away and most people would be in big trouble.

Karen Martin likes this.
  5. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Good day, Lonewolf: You hit the hammer on the nail as my grandmother use to say, because in today's society if you take away technology they will be lost! I was just in the grocery store the other day when their cash resgisters shut down and the cashiers had to count the change back to individual, because the cash registers wasn't calculating for them and they was sweating bullets, because most of them couldn't determine how much change to give back and I had a nerve to give the cashier a $100.01, because I needed change and my order came to: $18.71 she was sweating bullets asking people do they have a phone with a calculator feature on it for she can use to calculate how much change to give me back! smh - Technology has taken over!

6. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi Lawrence,
    It is really nice to meet you and have you in this forum.
    You will learn so much!

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Lawrence. For those dependent on modern technology, the survival rate will be very low to zero if it all hits the fan.
    Regards, Keith.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Lawrence, the generally accepted survival rate will be around 5-10%.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Survival rates will vary with location!
    Some high density areas may suffer a 99.9% de-population rate.
    and some areas may suffer a population increase!
    but the overall trend will be a rising death rate for about 6 months where food stores are consumed food being that stored on the shelf and that stored on one as fat!
    and the complete depletion of most stores at about 6 months. then a gradual tapering off of starvation as new sources of food are procured!

At around the two year mark most survivors will work on farms of some sort or in small villages for non farm skills!
    At the five year mark things will be settled and a baby boom will be underway!

My opinion anyway!

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I saw a report many years ago that said the population would halve every 6 months, levelling out at the 18-24 month level, by which time the population would be about 10% of what it had once been, in 1750 when the industrial revolution began the British population was about 6 million (or about 10% of what it is now), so going on that basis it will take about 250-300 years to get back to current levels.
    a survey done in America a few years ago came up with some interesting replies:
    55% of people said they had less than 3 DAYS worth of food.(this is fairly normal for most of the modern population).
    21% said they would survive for less than 1 WEEK.
    28% said they would survive for less than 2 WEEKS.
    75% said they would be DEAD in less than 2 MONTHS.
    bearing in mind humans can only survive for not much more than 3 weeks without any food, and 3 or 4 DAYS without any water.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.