Wal Mart...interesting Article..

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Jan 3, 2023.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i found this article this morning and thought right away that it might have some bearing on our survival ...preps for some of us.

My lady friend works at a Food Lion grocery store and has been telling me that shoplifting has been getting worse and worse....even violent at times when they get caught..

it seems that many stores are increasing their shoplifting measures.....and this article mentions what is happening at many Wal Marts. I have been trying to wean myself off of the Local Wal Mart as this one in my city has gotten a reputation over the years as being one of the worst ones in the Tidewater Area.

Also, as a personal preference, I like dealing with a real person when I check out ...and more and more Wal Mart has fewer and fewer cashiers....apparently they are trying to herd more and more people into the self checkout lines. I don't like that kind of herding....or being herded period!!

I do understand the stores motives and reasons...I just am not into being so herded.

Another prepper tells me some stores are debating going to Curbside pick up only ....to handle the rabid shoplifting going on.]

Reckon I need to get ready to go to Wal Mart even less than currently I am.

Thinking I need to record on my phone ...the sound of a cow doing the......Moooooooo!!!!

Or a sheep baaing....

Just prepping ahead.....getting positioned...for the new George Orwell.

Here this link...

Shoppers Abandoning Walmart After They Implement New Theft Deterrents (msn.com)

Thinking this might have an effect for some of us on our preps...down the line. Some of us will be making newer arrangements.

You members decide for your own reasons....you are driving your own bus..and for your own reasons.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Be Warned these Ishmaelites....who would herd us ....more and more and more ad infinitum.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The getting away with shoplifting thingy is just a little peek at the future. Now this is happening in Amerikan urban areas. After it hits the fan, if you can't protect what you have, then your belongings will belong to others. "Civilized" people go exceedingly uncivilized given the right external stressors.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    over here the Police dont attend shop lifting incidents, if the value of the goods is under a certain value, I think that is currently about £200, I suppose its not worth their while and the shop just ups their prices to cover what is stolen.
    most burglary cases arent Policed any more, a lot of crimes these days are never solved, just logged and filed, I suppose the Police are too busy helping Pride and Woke parades to deal with real crime, or that is what it feels like, more time-and money- is spent on fringe events for minorities than assisting the law abiding majority.
    they have closed over half of the rural Police stations and halved the number of Officers in the rest.
    Police numbers have been going down year or year since 2010.

5. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow....!! I did not know those details about the UK lonewolf.........but thanks for filling me in and bringing me up to date.

That appears to be the very direction Amerika is going as well. I suspect the same groups and people are promoting this chaos....by design. Promoting two legged wildlife....Ishmaelites run wild....

Like I stated in other posts...."Ordo Ob Chao."

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Wow, capitulation to the knuckle-daggers on both sides of the Atlantic.

But having fewer police in your area is helpful for you. They're not going to be meddling, nor attempting to enforce anti-Liberty laws. When things go sideways, y'all can take care of any interlopers yourselves without having police trying to protect the aggressors.

That's what happens here in Amerika, the police are there to protect the rioters/looters. The rioters then attack the police. What the rioters don't consider is that without the police, the locals and certainly the business owners would open fire on them.

Were I a store owner during a looting riot and I knew that no police would stop me, nor any judge hold me accountable after the fact, mine and I would be using our pump shotguns on the looters (first I'd see if the use of birdshot would drive them away; I only want them gone). If the looters began shooting back, that's when I and others would be forced to open-up with high-power rifles. One shot, one kill. Gang-bangers are the "spray and pray" crew, which is to say that they are going to get killed by aimed fire. Humans survive buckshot and handgun rounds all the time, but a human taking a deer rifle round center-mass usually dies. Center-fire hunting rounds are engineered to kill, not wound.

Side point: It is good for preppers to have available flares, especially parachute flares. (Mine are getting god-awful old. German military type. They may not work. They may be dangerous to me. Should toss them and buy new.) With these, one can light-up the aggressors. When I had a drunk try to get into my house one time, I turned off the lights in the house and turned on the outside lights.

Side point #2: If you know that aggressors are about, you'll want to be thinking about boarding-up windows or using diagonal strips of duct tape to shatter-proof them. Use the most robust tape. I and others have found Gorilla brand duct tape to be robust Have your fire extinguishers ready should they get a Molotov cocktail through a gap in the window. There is also shatter-proof plastic that can be applied to windows -- the stuff is perfectly clear ... and rather expensive for large sheets. Remember, this taping is ONLY to prevent shattering. Also remember that you need to be able to see the enemy through the gaps in the taping to return fire. If the duct tape is too wide, you can always cut/tear it down the middle to render it half as wide -- this will only minimally reduce its effectiveness.

Here's but one company making shatter-proofing -- heavy duty. The company 3M makes all manner of glass protection films.

https://www.prism-protection.co.uk/commercial-film-solutions/bomb-blast-protection

Here's some taping seen during WWII. This was usually only masking tape -- not strong enough. Your taping should not leave large gaps as do some of the following.

upload_2023-1-4_13-59-54.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Security film works really well but if you have a lot of windows or large windows it can get very expensive. I like the Gorilla tape concept the best. Easy to apply and is very effective, when applied correctly.

Old Geezer likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Years back I saw a great video. Can't find it now. Anyway, a store owner put up windows made of some unbreakable clear material/panel (plexiglass?? I don't know). The window looked exactly as if it were glass. Somebody is filming a "protest" (a.k.a. "riot") and some young punk picks up a big concrete-block or cinder-block (couldn't tell which; they weigh 30 lb or more / 14 kilo). He then winds-up and tosses the block into what he thinks is a glass window. The block bounces right off it and hits him square in the head. BAM, he goes down limp-biscuit. :D:D:D:D:D:D

And then there is Lexan polycarbonate. In the following video, approx 45 seconds-in, Lexan is tested along with other types of window "glass". A sledgehammer is used.

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    And to match the decline in Police numbers crime has gone up proportionately. Sadly, barely a day got by without a news story of another police officer in court for crimes or inappropriate behaviour. Only yesterday my local paper ran a story on a police traffic officer who is being prosecuted for dangerous driving in his own vehicle.

Lonewolf you are spot on about the "woke"police. Too busy making tic Tok videos and dancing the Macarena at pride events to do any real policing.

Sadly we have recently started to see stores in the press where police are investigating or arresting people for "thought crimes".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Sure BB, get your house burgled and all you get from the Police is a "Crime number" for your insurance company, but put some remark online denegrating a Gay or trans person and they'll be beating a path to your front door.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  11. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely - these days they generally do not even bother coming out to a burglary (crime is certainly not going to be solved that way), but have a naughty though and you're in trouble. It's a very sad state of affairs.

lonewolf and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    upload_2023-1-5_16-1-37.png

Meanwhile ...

"Killarney stabbing: Four men injured at hotel housing asylum seekers as fight breaks out"

"The four men injured during the incident have been taken to hospital for treatment.

"Reports have stated that several people are thought to have been stabbed but the Gardaí have not revealed how the injuries were caused.

"A source told the Irish Examiner that up to six ambulances were sent to the scene of the incident and that one of the injured men was taken to UHK Tralee with suspected stab wounds."

------------------------------------------------------

"UK: Muslim linked to ‘Islamist extremists’ stabs MP to death"

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2021/10/uk-muslim-migrant-linked-to-islamist-extremists-stabs-mp-to-death

"Good thing the British government is so vigilant in keeping foes of jihad terror out of the country, and vilifying and marginalizing those who live there. Otherwise this Somali may have been impeded in his jihad, and that would have been 'Islamophobic.'

“'David Amess stabbing – latest: Counter-terror police leading probe into death of ‘kind, committed’ Tory MP,” by Jon Sharman, Independent, October 15, 2021:

"'…However, The Independent understands that the suspect is of Somali origin, and the murder is being treated at this point as a probable Islamist terror attack….' "
    .------------------------------------------------------------------

"UK: Migrant who stabbed three people to death was in government’s 'deradicalization' program"

https://gellerreport.com/2020/06/uk...in-governments-deradicalization-program.html/

-----------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think about 3 MP's have now been stabbed to death whilst dealing with their local voters.
    I saw an MP on the tv yesterday saying she now wears a stab proof vest whilst out amongst the population.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Wow lonewolf......you have me rethinking...now..

A couple of years back...someone sold me a vest with a steel plate in the front and one in the back...and at a good price. I 've ever worn or adjusted it.

I may need to rethink this.

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've got a SWAT type helmet but thats as far as I'm going with this, its not needed where I am located and I dont go into any big cities, dont need to, and any visits out of my immediate location are done early morning before the plebs are out of their pits.

TMT Tactical likes this.