New Member Wandering Around The Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by randyt, Aug 31, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm amazed the plethora of information that is hidden within this forum. Keith is probably the main offender LOL. I come across posts that have never been replied to, little hidden gems of info. For example the recent rawhide threads. I think at the time some posts came in under the radar so to speak.

New threads are great too

Anyhoo, wander around the forum and poke around a bit

2. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    bump

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there is no need to bump a thread 1MINUTE after you have posted it.
    I think we need to stop this bump business, if you want to move a thread on put a new post.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. randyt

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I must apologize, I didn't know that the bumping was unacceptable. It will NEVER happen again.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  5. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I second the idea of wandering around the forum. There is some really good information here.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    The reason most of us have been bumping our threads is that if we don't (and if there is not a second post made on the threads), then they just sit in the subforum that they were posted in without ever reaching the light of the day (or the sidebar tabs titled, "New," or "Recent Activity," or "Active Threads"). I have noticed many stellar posts that never provoked a single response and this is part of the reason. (Grant you, some types of posts just don't gather many responses, but most don't because they are not showing up in the sidebar tabs.)

I, like many here, look to those sidebar tabs for recent activity because most of the time I don't have time to look into each and every single subforum here. Too bad for me, because unless a second post is made on a brand new thread, I may never see it...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  7. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Same here. I am just too busy to go through each section of every forum I visit. I rely on alerts, notifications and the "new" posts tab.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I have never seen this kind of weirdness on any other board I have ever visited. Maybe it is a software glitch or something? It certainly is not beneficial, lol.

elkhound and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    :)
    Keith.

10. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
    what grizzgal said.....theres new posts i never seen before...i dont visit all the boards here,theres just to many.if we dont hit bump we dont see it.

like grizzgal said also this boards software functions like no other...theres glitches in it for sure..just like a couple days ago on sidebar in a thread i had posted in i came back to it seeing another member posted in it and it looked funny...well i clicked on it only to find no post from them. i backspaced and there it was again...myavatar with another posters name. i went back and forth 3 times to be sure of what i was seeing...no post in thread..but showed new post of my avatar and anothers name under it. i thought i had lost my mind and was seeing things...lol

also lets not miss the point of a forum..its to POST and discuss information. you cant do that unless we see threads and post....look at the big picture not a simple bump from time to time by members trying to generate views and discussion.

11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    all you have to do is click on the new posts when you come on the forum, at least that is what I do.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    That is exactly what I was referring to: unless a second (bump) post is made on a new thread, it will not show up in the "New Posts" or any of the other tabs. And so, unless we go fishing in each and every forum every day, it's easy to miss those new threads.

At one time or another, we've all noticed a bunch of one-post threads languishing in the sub-forums regardless of thread topic... Now and then, someone will take notice of them years later and resurrect them with a responding post. If we had a dollar for every one of those resurrected threads, we could build a bunker, lol.

It could also be part of the reason so many folks have left the forum, too. Make thoughtful posts, and no one responds...to any of them? I would leave, too, if I didn't realize what was happening, and that the post needed an immediate second post in order to show up in the "New Posts" tab or any of the others.

TMT Tactical likes this.