War In Ukraine

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by poltiregist, Apr 5, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think whilst Putin might not actually be a madman I dont think he is thinking straight, anything is possible, he has to be stopped in Ukraine or else he will expand the conflict into more countries.
    will he go nuclear? that is possible, he has said before if there is no Russia he dosent care if there is no planet Earth.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=bad98057806243e79ae72784f35513d3 --- Ukraine looking for funds to rebuild their country . --- From some sources Russia is running out of their favored attack equipment and are now resorting to older and more outdated firepower . At the same time Ukraine is receiving more updated and lethal equipment to thwart the invasion . Also Russia is running out of men as Ukraine forces continue to decimate the Russian forces . Yes the Russians gain ground here and there , but at what cost . A game comparable to chess is being played out . The UN Nations have an near endless amount of equipment to send into Ukraine while Russia' supply of equipment is diminishing .

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia has lost the war. When they failed to capture the capital of the Ukraine, they turned this conflict into a war of attrition. This will prove to be another Afghanistan for Russia. It is one thing to capture land, quite another to be able to hold the captured land. Logistic wins wars. At the beginning Russia had the logistic advantage, now their only advantage is manpower (cannon fodder) and that quickly loses it's appeal to the troops.

poltiregist likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia has just "lost" its 58th high ranking officer, they have lost most of the modern tanks and are now using old soviet era ones, they are running out of ammunition and manpower, its doubtful if they can keep this up past the winter months.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=eafbfd4937bc4f6e83bf63984fd6e0d3 Now Ukraine is being furnished weaponry that can blow up the Russia bas---s at a distance of 300 kilometers . I hope they start counter attacking by sending rockets onto Russian soil . Whatever is coming , is why I prepared for the apocalypse . A nuclear world war three " if it comes to that " is just another reason to have taken prepping seriously . I feel sorry for those that thought they could trade items or provide someone a service to ensure their survival . What could happen before dawn would make such mental entertainment null and void . --- Some even may have convinced themselves they would still be receiving a government check or perhaps some other type of monthly income . Some may think the place they are renting will be available in the aftermath for free . Such hallucinations just don't fit what may be our reality at any time considering a nuclear missile can reach anywhere in just minutes .

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Push a rat to a wall and it will fight like a tiger.

"Saving face," do people understand this? Me, I don't think so.

To "save face", Putin, or the senior Russian military, will do some seriouslessly f###-up sh## to save face. Some folk will never bring upon themselves disgrace. They WILL, by-god, do ANYTHING to save fave. Irrational? So what?! Irrational doesn't mean anything. "Saving face" negates rationality. Who ever said that humans are rational. What a joke!!!

The damned will visit damnation upon humanity. We witness this perpetually, yet the sheeple will not believe this of their "superiors". The sheeple will only believe that Mommy and Daddy love them. Sad, that.

Mind-numbingly sad, this.

There exists "beyond hideous". There exists that which words will never describe.

I have known murderers. How to describe? I can't. I'm glad I can't. My dad was a good guy -- at least I saw this -- but Dad knew, worked with, murderers, convicted murderers. Even as a kid, I knew that they were lost, evil, damned.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with the assessment . This Ukraine / Russia conflict , very likely will expand to cover the globe . Time will revel what is ahead . Those that didn't properly prepare may find their opportunity , has now passed . The underprepared can only " hope " that this isn't the apocalypse approaching , get serious and start preparing

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not so sure, the Russian forces have shown that they arent the invincible force that most thought they were, they have shown themselves to be lacking in many ways, Putin thought he could walk all over Ukraine in a matter of days but he has been shown to be wrong in that regard. whilst Ukraine is being sent masses of weapons from the West Russia is running out of everything Tanks, ammunition, troops and generals, if they even manage to hold onto the territory they have taken I will be very surprised.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree that as long as Nukes are not brought into the war , Ukraine will likely be victorious . However as Old Geezer said , before accepting a humiliating defeat , Puttin may decide to stop this scaled down war and go Nuclear , and not just on Ukraine but on the nations that contributed to humiliating him .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Putin may go nuclear rather than accept defeat, one wonders who has the launch codes and who does the actual launching I doubt its Putin himself with his finger on the button.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    probably just regrouping, in past wars exhausted troops were taken out of the line and replaced with fresh troops but I dont think Putin has that many soldiers he can do this and I dont think he cares if they are exhausted.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The Russian military command does not consider field-grade nuclear artillery as being what we in the West refer to as "going nuclear". Their military definitions and our military definitions are in no way the same.

https://thebulletin.org/2022/03/read-the-fine-print-russias-nuclear-weapon-use-policy/

"The risk of nuclear war casts a dark shadow over the already-tragic events in Ukraine. On February 19, Vladimir Putin launched an exercise involving Russian strategic forces. On February 24—the day Putin invaded Ukraine—he warned that Russia would respond immediately to those who stood in its way, with consequences that 'will be such as you have never seen in your entire history.' On February 27, he publicly ordered his minister of defense and chief of the general staff to transfer Russia’s 'deterrence forces' to 'special combat readiness.' Putin’s aim was evidently to deter outside intervention and to signal Russia’s determination to achieve its goals.

"But another, more troubling, aspect to Putin’s recent comments has received little or no attention. It has to do with the circumstances under which Russia might use nuclear weapons.

"In June 2020, Putin signed a decree—the Basic Principles of the Russian Federation’s State Policy in the Domain of Nuclear Deterrencethat specifies two conditions under which Russia would use nuclear weapons. The first is unsurprising: 'The Russian Federation retains the right to use nuclear weapons in response to the use of nuclear weapons and other types of weapons of mass destruction against it and/or its allies…' But that sentence ends with an unusual statement: '… and also in the case of aggression against the Russian Federation with the use of conventional weapons, when the very existence of the state is put under threat' [emphasis added].

"In his February 24 speech, Putin echoed that unusual language to describe his Ukraine invasion. The United States, he claimed, was creating a hostile 'anti-Russia' next to Russia and in Russia’s historic land. 'For the United States and its allies, it is a policy of containing Russia, with obvious geopolitical dividends,' he said. 'For our country, it is a matter of life and death, a matter of our historical future as a nation. This is not an exaggeration; this is a fact. It is not only a very real threat to our interests but to the very existence of our state and to its sovereignty' [emphasis added]. Putin has defined the current situation as one in which, in line with the principles of its deterrence policy, Russia retains the right to use nuclear weapons."

15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In relation to the above:

"America Isn’t Ready for Russia’s Battlefield Nuclear Weapons"

By
    James Ragland and Adam Lowther
    Published: February 1, 2022

[Published before Russian's invasion of Ukraine this March]

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/02/america-isnt-ready-for-russias-battlefield-nuclear-weapons/

"Russian Strategy

"In recent years, Russian nuclear weapons were integrated into the nation’s defense posture in much the same way the United States integrated nuclear weapons into its defense of Europe during the Eisenhower administration under the New Look Policy. President Vladimir Putin’s comments concerning his willingness to use nuclear weapons confirm fears that he views nuclear weapons as usable weapons on the battlefield.

"Exercises such as GROM-2019 incorporated the use of both Russian strategic and battlefield nuclear weapons with dual-use delivery platforms. ZAPAD 2021 also featured strategic and battlefield nuclear weapons—along with over 200,000 Russian and Belarusian troops. According to one analysis, during ZAPAD 2021 the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces potentially simulated a nuclear attack against NATO.

"Home to Russia’s Baltic Fleet, interceptor aircraft, and heavy armor, Kaliningrad is also home to Russian battlefield nuclear weapons. Kaliningrad is geographically suited as a military stronghold from which Russia can launch a limited nuclear strike. Public statements by President Putin suggest he will use low yield nuclear weapons on the battlefield if Russia is losing a conventional conflict to NATO forces. This “escalate to deescalate” strategy is designed to create a fiat acompli in which NATO backs down after the use of nuclear weapons.

"Since NATO and the United States do not possess a similar spectrum of battlefield nuclear weapons, it should come as no surprise that Russian strategy is designed to exploit that advantage. Russia cannot match NATO’s conventional capability."

[​IMG]

16. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=24706cd4a49b4502976a2cfec98e7e85---- This short read goes to confirm what we have been hearing for the last week or two . Russia is running out of weaponry . Iran is now planning to send Russia drones for the invasion . In one respect this is good news as Russia has reached toward the end of their military capability . Something different is about to unfold " nukes perhaps " . The exhaustion of weaponry may explain Puttin's pause in the war .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=0780ec88a2424173867d8b4068666484 --- An article proclaiming Russian ground troops are panicking as the newly acquired and more deadly equipment being pumped into the hands of the Ukrainian defenders destroy personnel as well as amo dumps and anything else within their reach . Things are indeed escalating . Of course serious preppers can just sit back and watch the show . ---Too bad some don't have much of a chance surviving if things go Nuclear , but that is what happens when survival preps are not up for a real apocalypse . I have tried to warn before , those only preparing for nothing any worse than a cat 5 hurricane are just going to die when things get to this level . And I will say again I have indeed been through the eye of a cat 5 hurricane , in a an old wooden house built soon after the Civil War .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      The Russian military may not be able to win; but then, they cannot afford to lose. What is left? Theater nukes.

Old Geezer, Jul 14, 2022
  18. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- The embassy in Ukraine is being evacuated . Likely none of you guys have seen this on the televised news . That is the reason most of my information I seek elsewhere .

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      I believe that there will be a time when folk are panicking, yet times won't be Mad Max. I'll not survive a Mad Max scenario. If others believe that there will exist a panic economy, then barter for this'n'thats plus buying more stores will be a need. I have things of mine that I will use as barter. Right now, the price of silver has fallen $5/oz. and one may just want to buy more. Some ammunition is coming back into availability at not-good, yet acquirable prices. I bought 100 rounds of .357 mag the other day. These rounds feed into my carbine soooo much better that other cartridge config.s do. Where I'm living, there's bunches of self-sufficient folk and if we don't get nuked, there will still be an economy. There won't be a dollar ... except for toilet paper usage.

Old Geezer, Jul 19, 2022
  19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    "Mad Max" is a Hollywood concept, in reality I suspect things will be basic but not so gritty, certainly in a place like Britain the mortality rate will be quite high and without fuel and electricity people wont be able to move around so much as they did before the event.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think the mortality rate will be extremely high in the USA too. Recently attended a festival, as a vendor (wife selling hand crafted jewelry). After watching the crowd for about 30 hours, I came to this conclusion. About 70% of the population is over weight. 20% of the population is obese. Only about 10% of the population is physically fit. When it really hits the fan, these people will not going to be able to fend for themselves. The most disturbing issue was the high number of young people over weight or obese. I read a recent article were a parent was upset because his 12 year daughter was turned away at a amusement park ride because she was too heavy. The rides limit was 200 pounds. The 12 year old girl came in at 205 pounds. This parent should be angry at himself for allowing his daughter to gain that mush weight. These are the type of people that don't have a snowballs chance in hades of surviving a major SHTF event.

Old Geezer and lonewolf like this.
  21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    64% of people in Britain are Obese - thats 35 Million people, many of these are morbidly obese, another 5 million are diabetic, 13.6 million are borderline Diabetic type 2, diabetes leads to 9,600 leg, toe and foot amputations in the UK every year, thats 185 every week, 700 people die prematurely every week from diabetes. another 1,700 have reduced sight or go blind every year due to their diabetes.
    thats in the here and now, I believe in a post collapse event the UK survival rate will be microscopic.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not know of many of you know this piece of information ....with so much of our news , information , and education ...infected with a lot of Confetti...not real useful informations.

Our American 155mm field artillery piece is capable of launching nuclear shells...down range. I am certain that this can also be done with the 155 mm self propelled artillery piece..

Not sure what world some of you are living in but I know this for a fact....
    One of the drills any good gun crew learns to do is shoot and scoot...set up quickly ...fire a few quick rounds and then take down, move, ..and set up again somewhere else...because of counterbattery fire..
    And even mobile artillery has to be capable of more accuracy than in years past with satellite set up...

It is so necessary for us to be kept in a constant state of fear...not by the Russians...but by our own government needing to steer and or herd us by that same fear.

If you really knew how militaryly superior we are you would not be so eager to support all these wars and conflicts for someone's personal profit...all around this globe...and with our finest blood.

I have been to way to many military graveyards all across this globe to suit me...in cluding the one at Normandy beach..in France.

You members decide for yourselves...

Remember something about our gear and navigation equipment behind this gear..

You want to hit a particular building in a neighborhood block...no problem ....easy to do....with todays gear and accuracy devices.

But....

It is good enough to choose a particular window in that particular building now days. This means for the most part you do not need huge explosives....nuclear or non nuclear....because of the advasnces in accuracy.

Huge powerful explosives are used because the target is particularly hardened today.

I dont know how many of you realize this about our military tools.

Another thing totally avoided by our phony media trying to keep us on the Ukraine Good Cop/Bad Cop bandwagon....

And that the Ukraine and what is going on there is a cover for many other operations including weapons smuggling/delivery to other theaters of planned wars.

A recent plane crash in Greece originating from the Ukraine was ladened with weapons headed for Pakistan...if I remember the accounts correctly.

The Ukraine is someone's private lucrative investment and often used by various alphabet agencies to carry out their schemes and plans for the next big profit operation..sometimes with planned engineered wars..and on a world wide scale...including banking ....money laundering...by many governments and their alphabet agencies.
    This world is not what most of us think it is on the surface...you need to be able to catch some telltales ...look under the rug on occasion....

Any Vietnam Veteran who operated out of bases wherein the Alphabet agencies operated on one side of the base and the regular military on the other can confirme this. Nha Trang was just such an base...

You members decide for yourselves ...I have already decided...and our government is hip deep in this deception.

Be Warned of these Ishmaelites who are running much of our news and information as well as public education ...to keep us properly herded.. They are running our government as well....Ishmaelites.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia has lost 50,000 troops in Ukraine and are now recruiting convicts to make up the shortfall, yet they still think they can win, really?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=d6190dd1498644769a3a93535ba1a82a --- Fighter jets supplied by NATO to Ukraine now a consideration on the war room table . Too bad some of our members didn't prepare for something as catastrophic as World War Three . Actually guys to be honest , I enjoy poking a stick at the people that didn't foresee this and " do not " have their preps in order . Those finding themselves in the crosshairs can keep on denying anything this catastrophic lies ahead but in the end it will not change reality . Whether this escalates to a Nuke slinging party or not " I don't know " but do have the fortitude to admit this is a very likely possibility and have took steps as a prepper to prepare for this as well as any other contingency that might befall . --- Actually I am in favor of supplying Ukraine with fighter jets and would hope they enter Russian airspace and blow some serious stuff up .

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm not so sure one can prepare for world war, look at the last one, "Scorched Earth" and complete devastation were the order of the day for a lot of countries, maybe if one lives in a country that wasnt invaded or totally bombed out but that wasnt many, and WW3 WILL be a nuclear world war and there wont be much left and not many people left once that is all over.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Preparing for a Nuclear World War three is actually quite simple . Look at potential Nuke targets and establish a retreat in a zone well away from such an area . 2 Look for a property that will provide relatively safe drinking water after the power grid is no more . 3 store up some long shelf life food . 4 make sure you have heirloom seeds for starting your next garden crop . 5 Make sure you have the fertilizer you may need for that garden . 6 Be sure you have the means to defend your Garden of Eden . 7 Just proclaiming all animal life will be dead doesn't necessarily make it a fact . I suspect there would still be quite a large population of animals that will survive both wild and domestic . 8 Don't just give up lay down and die

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think we just have to disagree on that one, as I've just posted elsewhere, a nuclear attack on a country the size of Britain just isnt survivable, it wouldnt take too many missiles to bracket the whole of the nation and fallout would take care of any that survived.
    sometimes its wise to acknowledge that not all scenarios are survivable and thats the one that isnt.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    --- An update on the war .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    People who have a bit of extra weight can last longer without food. Having said that, the morbidly obese are overtly handicapped. Most young people who died of covid were compromised due to overt obesity and poor diet. Studies show -- along with insurance company actuarial data -- reveal that people a bit overweight had longer lives (my grandfather was fat and it killed him at age 90; the tobacco use and the drunks he pitched didn't help). "Desired weight" charts were changed by these studies on obesity.

Gut fat is bad. Being "fat all over" doesn't mean much at all. Post calamity, people who are overweight yet are able to do work without being overwhelmed by it, will do as fine as their skinnier friends and family. The very lean will be at risk. Very lean athletes run higher rates of myocardial infections. If a person has no fat for a virus to attack, the virus goes for muscle tissue. The heart is a muscle.

The take-away is to be able to do work and not to become decidedly overweight. For millennia, humans with a bit of weight on them survived hellish winters during which leaner people died. Thus, evolution selected for putting on a bit of weight if you could. In our modern times, the food we eat is NOT fresh resulting in losses of needed vitamins. I've had dozens of folk on both sides of my family who were fat and lived to be over 80, even 90+. They ALL grew gardens. Their veggies were profoundly fresh -- they'd just walked out there and picked their veggies. Their meat was fresh. Pap and I would go hunting or fishing. What was on the plate that night? Guess.

I love the convenience of opening a can ... yet, I have to keep in mind that I must supplement such with FRESH food if I am to maintain my health. Taking supplemental vitamins may help. But science only knows what what we know. There are hundreds of ingredients in fresh food that is utterly unknown to god science. Meat won't hurt you, but pack it full of preservatives and at the very least, your blood pressure will suffer. Heaven only knows what other toxic effects exist.

The rates of cancer among people who live off the land are tremendously lower than those fed by grocery stores.

The people of Ukraine and the hundreds of thousands who are now refugees will likely be eating out of cans for a while. My prayers are that they can soon return to their lands.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Odessa Port Rocked By Missile Strikes Hours After Ukraine Grain Export Deal Signed"

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...-hours-after-ukraine-grain-export-deal-signed

"UN Secretary-General António Guterres has condemned a fresh missile attack on the key Ukrainian port of Odessa on Saturday, which came a mere hours after a major UN-brokered Russia-Ukraine deal was reached to unblock Ukrainian grain export transit. Western media and officials are widely calling it a continued deliberate attack on Ukraine's vital grain export infrastructure by Russia, despite the signed breakthrough agreement in Istanbul the evening prior.

"UN Secretary General António Guterres and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan were present for the finalized deal at Istanbul’s lavish Dolmabahce Palace, with Erdogan saying the landmark deal would 'hopefully revive the path to peace.'

"Guterres said, 'Today, there is a beacon on the Black Sea — a beacon of hope, a beacon of possibility, a beacon of relief' - as over 20 million tons of grain which especially a number of Mideast and African nations are heavily reliant upon are expected to be released.

"Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov later in the day said there was not significant damage from the Russian strikes, and announced, 'We continue technical preparations for the launch of exports of agricultural products from our ports.'"

---------------------------------------------

Silly me, but this looks like some very real damage:

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Depends, its only fear that is stopping him being removed, his time is coming to an end soon.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It's not just Putin. The Russian military brass back in Moscow cannot lose face. Putin could drop dead tomorrow. The Russian brass would go on.

If pushed into a corner, the Russian Army must go tactical nuclear.

35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are plenty of people in the Kremlin and in the Russian Army who think like Putin, removing him would only delay things, we would have to bring Russia to its knees both militarily and financially/economically.
    something has to be done soon or else its all up for the human race on planet earth, probably already is if this is how things will go in the near future, we have plenty of contenders, NK Iran etc who want to set off a nuclear holocaust.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia now threatening Ukraine, if it is not Russian land then it will be scorched (nuclear) earth.
    bluster or reality? your choice.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Russian state TV: North Korea offering Kremlin 100,000 ‘volunteers’ "

https://nypost.com/2022/08/05/russian-state-tv-north-korea-offers-kremlin-100000-troops/

"North Korea has offered to send 100,000 soldiers to bolster Russia’s invasion attempt in Ukraine, Russian state TV has claimed.

"The pariah state’s offer of military assistance could not be immediately verified, but it was seized upon by Russian defense pundit Igor Korotchenko.

“'There are reports that 100,000 North Korean volunteers are prepared to come and take part in the conflict,' Korotchenko said on Russian Channel One.

"Korotchenko was notably interested in what he called the North Korean’s 'wealth of experience with counter-battery warfare' — a telling remark given reports of Ukraine’s long-range artillery success since acquiring US-made HIMARS rocket systems in June.

“'If North Korea expresses a desire to meet its international duty to fight against Ukrainian fascism, we should let them,' Korotchenko said."

---------------------

Old Gzr: This would kill two birds with one stone. The Korean military could keep the war conventional, i.e. prevent need for theater nukes. At the same time, these troops could aid in the transport of mass quantities of food and fertilizer that North Korea so desperately needs.

Here's another edit. Three birds -- this would help train these troops for their future invasion of South Korea.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    If Putin has to rely on conscripts from NK you know he is losing the war.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Sure 'nuf. Russian troop moral is in the dirt. Same case when they were in Afghanistan. Russian troop would leave their dead and sometimes even their wounded. At that time I was reading reports from an American mercenary fighting with the mujaheddin. Russian troop had zero motivation going on and thus their fighting capability was very compromised. I actually believe that they'll take-on N.Korean troops. We'll see. Things aren't right with that war. Bizarre crap going on.

Old Geezer, Aug 9, 2022
      TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  39. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    It is interesting that none of the USA news outlets are reporting on the Ukraine war anymore. I have to get my updates from a U.K. news outlet.

40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Whenever you find a story of interest, go find two or three other REAL sources. I usually go to the most local news I can find. National news is often contaminated. I want to see the photos. I want to hear the interviews of the people who were there. I want to hear what the soldiers who fought in the battle have to say.

There's Soldier of Fortune Magazine:

https://www.sofmag.com/

upload_2022-8-9_17-55-2.png

--------------------

https://www.military.com/daily-news

upload_2022-8-9_17-57-4.png

"Large Explosions Rock Russian Military Air Base in Crimea"

https://www.military.com/daily-news...ns-rock-russian-military-air-base-crimea.html

----------------------------------------------
    https://www.defensenews.com/

----------------

The standard site is of course Janes. It's the #1 for a lot of folk ... and governments.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/defence

--------------------------------------------
    Others

SouthFront is registered out of Russia, so guess what .... Bias maybe ;)

https://southfront.org/
    -----

"Signs of the Times" has conservative bias. "The enemies of my enemies are my friends." I can go to the regular media to read pro-communist articles. I read both sides. Then I head for the local news, the "man on the street" news. National news is also ... what to call it? ... fuzzy ... there are lots of info gaps ... not a clear picture. You gotta remember that many of these dweebs have degrees in journalism which is a joke. Sometimes military officers give you a clear picture. If somebody made great grades in Calculus and Analytical Geometry, then I begin to trust their logic. Many reporters ONLY have verbal skills = nothing between their ears.

https://www.sott.net/

This conservative site will state something. That catches my interest. But now, I've gotta find something to back that up. Even if they are on my side, that doesn't mean that they've gone off the rails. I'm OCD to the max. I want to know what happened. Only then can I analyze the situation and its implications.

Sites like CNN, just lie. They're great with the BIG Lie propaganda. I've sh## things more intelligent than CNN reporters (and yes, I pulled straight-A.s in Calculus and Analytic Geometry).

But understand that CNN has an agenda. They are loyal to their cause. They are being "honest" in their own minds because they figure that they know "what is best for the masses." They are loyal to their religion. It's some form of loyalty, one imagines. :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

I found this "Signs of the Times" interesting. Haven't seen it anywhere else so far. Like you, if I read science or military, by god, I want it straight. Other networks say things like, "The News You Need to Know!" Eat sh## and die! Or, "We will digest the news for you!" I could kick some guy in the throat for saying that to me.

https://www.sott.net/article/470817...antic-jet-ever-observed-revealed-in-new-study

"A detailed 3D study of a massive electrical discharge that rose 50 miles into space above an Oklahoma thunderstorm has provided new information about an elusive atmospheric phenomenon known as gigantic jets. The Oklahoma discharge was the most powerful gigantic jet studied so far, carrying 100 times as much electrical charge as a typical thunderstorm lightning bolt."

-----------------------------------------------------
    A couple of more news sites:

https://www.truthdig.com/author/chris_hedges/

http://theempirefiles.tv/

----------------

-ANACONDA- and TMT Tactical like this.
  41. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  42. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if he isnt taken out first he wont want to lose "face" and in that case anything is possible and nothing is out of bounds.

43. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...ilosopher-alexander-dugin-killed-by-car-bomb/

"Darya Dugina, daughter of the Russian nationalist philospher Alexander Dugin, sometimes described as 'Putin’s brain', has died after a car her father was due to travel in exploded.

"Dugin strongly supported the annexation of the Crimea following the Western-backed Euromaidan coup in Ukraine in 2014, and pushed hard for early, strong intervention in the Donbas after war broke out between Kyiv (Kiev) and pro-Russia separatists there, blaming an internal struggle in the Kremlin between “patriotic, Orthodox, conservative forces and the liberal forces” backed by “most of the political elite [and] the oligarchs” for Vladimir Putin’s failure to act.

"Naturally, Dugin backed the special military operation in Ukraine, as the Kremlin terms it, when it was launched earlier this year, as did his journalist daughter, 29-year-old Darya Dugina.

"She has now died after a car her father was supposed to be travelling in exploded as they were returning from the Traditional festival a the Zakharovo estate near Moscow. He had decided to travel in another car only at the last minute, according to the BBC.
    ------------------------------------------------------

"Attack in Moscow: Darja Dugina's death fuels Russia's war propagandists"

https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-08-21...els-russia-s-war-propagandists.rJD_HA1yo.html

"Darja Dugina was one of the staunch supporters of the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine.

"Now her death is once again fueling the war propagandists around Kremlin chief Vladimir Putin.

"The attack is said to have been aimed at Dugina's father, the right-wing nationalist ideologue Alexander Dugin.

"The editor-in-chief of the Russian state television channel RT, Margarita Simonyan, condemned the alleged attack on the 'young, smart, beautiful and incredibly talented woman'.

"'Darya could have become one of those people who are forming a new national ideology for Russia.' Simonian also called for revenge and called for an attack on 'decision centers' in Kyiv.

"This refers to the command centers of the Ukrainian government and the military.

"Dugina was a 'real patriot', lamented the prominent foreign politician and Russian negotiator in the conflict with Ukraine, Leonid Slutzki, on the Telegram news channel.

"'This barbaric murder of Darja - it's basically a terrorist attack on the ideology and the uniting of the Russian world.' The guilty should be punished with the full severity of the law.

"Russia's domestic secret service FSB reports almost daily arrests of suspected terrorists who are said to have planned attacks on behalf of Ukraine."
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Old Gzr: This bombing happened as the 6 month anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine approaches. Plus, the Ukraine is readying for its Independence Day celebrations. Obviously, the timing of the attack is very specific.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  45. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=37ff06c2a487477082f751decaba9563 --- Russia's desperation is showing as Ukraine has taken the offensive position and are driving the Russians back . Russia on the link is threatening the United States with Nuclear war if it continues furnishing the weaponry that has now proven to be capable of allowing the Ukraine warriors to put the Russians running in retreat . Russia is claiming on the link they will resort to Nuclear weapons before they will accept a humiliating defeat . --- As I have said many times if someone isn't preparing for anything worse than a cat 5 hurricane , then they aren't prepping enough . It is amazing to me that some can convince themselves that a Nuclear war will never happen and continue down life's path whistling a merry tune . I might also whistle a merry tune but for a different reason . I have faced the possibility of such an event and took my prepping serious enough that I have no fear of such an event . If I can survive the cooler climate I would enjoy a destroyed planet . Another concern however is any foreign troops that move in to try to grab control . That is why I was paranoid enough to buy a airplane , for evacuation purposes . Unlike someone's post I saw on here , I prep for the future and not just react to a situation that has already happened .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  47. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Russia has lost nearly 50,000 troops in its 6 month invasion of Ukraine, they are now calling up teenage conscripts to use as cannon fodder to replace the troops that they lost.
    some reports say they are calling up homeless people too, all to continue a war they cannot win with the west supplying and resupplying Ukraine with weapons and finance.

48. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Logistics, logistics. When it was just Russia vs. the Ukraine, then Russia was going to be the winner. Once the other nations starting supplying arms and materials, the balance switched to the Ukraine. Global supply chains for Russia are drying up and they are starting to run short of needed supplies to continue an offensive. Defensive positions in a foreign country (such as the Ukraine) are always a losing deal. In war, militaries either move forward or they retreat. Stationary positions become places were soldiers go to die. Russia is experiencing that mode of warfare.

Max rigger likes this.
  49. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Y'know, I saw an article about N.Korea offering soldiers to aid Putin. This would be great training for the N.Korean soldiers for their inevitable invasion of South Korea (when the USSA crumbles). I wonder if they'll actually do this.

Back in the day, The USSR used Cuban troops in South West Africa. Then AIDS came along (which, of all ironies was manufactured in the USSR, retrovirus plus some sort of bovine virus that attacks the immune system; BioWeapons are strange, witness C19 a toned-down weapon or an experiment that got out of the lab there in the Wuhan lab ... Fauci was funding with our tax dollars). AIDS infected around half of the Cuban troops. They were sent back and the Castro Kids put them in their isolation villages / compounds -- like a leaper colony or whatever. Post-Cubans, the Soviets then moved-in North Korean troops. Sooooooooo, it not unheard of for USSR/Russia to use N.Koreans as mercenaries.

Strange days.

Directly downwind of those massive reactors in Eastern Ukraine is Volgograd. The Ruskies can't afford a Chernobyl happening to Volgograd. Toooooooooo many assets there on the Volga River!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  50. poltiregist

515/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=83135ef290974c0ebd06cbc7d9f4f9e5 --- One thing for sure " something will change " , Those that have convinced themselves that a Nuclear World War 3 will never happen can continue on in their march through life in blissful ignorance . Those that think preparing for such an event is futile , I will not speak bad of these folks and they could be right . For the prepared , life may be very interesting in the years ahead . -- When it gets to this level of preparing most folks apparently just aren't a serious enough prepper to carry it that for . They just stuff some extra food back , guns and bullets and proclaim " what they WOULD do " instead of actually preparing in todays time . The possibility of a Nuclear World War 3 will never get any higher than it is right now . I wouldn't be surprised to feel the earth tremble and perhaps hear distant explosions before the sun goes down today .

TMT Tactical likes this.