"warmth, Shelter, Water Key To ..."

Discussion in 'Natural, Temporary, and Permanent Shelter' started by Pragmatist, May 13, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://napavalleyregister.com/comm...cle_17f45b26-c983-5f6f-b8d3-fe4468eac573.html

Good morning all,

Article presents several of the aspects of this section of Forum.

I found article to be a fast-reading good reminder of getting sidetracked eg by GPS as being a holy icon.

The lead line mentions Field and Stream Magazine, a mainstay of my growing-up years.

Ref "lean to" shelter; For more than casual, occasional entry into wilderness, consider carrying a duel use designed (DIY) poncho - tube tent. Modify the tube tent with 107 lb. fabric woven fishing line in lieu of para cord to save on volume. Big thick seams, grommets not always needed.

Author mentions Camp A.P. Hill, Virginia. Since last year, the place also hosts an ICE facility for new arrivals. It's no long only a sleepy Army reserve training center.

The article's mention of GPS made me laugh. I remember when USCG would not monitor citizen's band radio calls. They only monitored marine channels.

I have a hunch the latest pulp copy of Field and Stream Magazine is not shipped out with orders for Judy BOBs.