Ways Prepping Can Save You Money

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by John Snort, Jul 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    Need a good reason to be a prepper? Here's one: prepping can save you money. You could ask how? Here's how prepping can save you money:

- You learn to do a lot of things yourself. If you no longer have to hire someone to do some odd jobs and other repairs at home, that's money you'll be saving.

- Whilst trying to master gardening skills you'll most likely get vegetables and maybe berries from your garden. End result — you'll be spending less money on vegetables.

- Many preppers often buy their supplies in bulk. And when you buy anything in bulk you get some discounts.

- When you have everything you need, you'll be doing less shopping and the fewer times you go shopping the less likely you are to be tempted to buy things you may not need.

Spend money to prep and you'll find out in the end that it actually will save you a lot of money.

SimplyD, cluckeyo and lonewolf like this.
  2. ziskasun

ziskasun New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I like that Idea. I have always found that being prepared helps save money time and frustration. A wise man once said " Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." A good life philosophy that probably came from depression area families getting by on very little. One you become accustomed to stretching and using what you have, and spending time or money mostly only on what you need you begin to feel abundant, even with less. (I mean less waste and more useful stuff.) It's really amazing and quite freeing.

John Snort likes this.
  3. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    Actually the whole point of becoming self-sufficient is to no longer need to rely on outside sources. So almost everything you do in regards to self-sufficiency is moving you closer and closer to being completely independant. And self-sufficiency is a cornerstone of survivalism.

John Snort likes this.
  4. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    I don't know. Harvesting your own crops in a small sized area or forage is far more expensive and time consuming than just buying all fresh fruit and vegetables from a store, at for those hard to grow crops, like onion or garlic. Hunting game is far riskier than just purchasing your pounds of meat at your trusty local butcher. If you can't devote yourself into prepping in order to eventually pays off all the time invested in it, you are just having a hobby.