New Member We Are Good People...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by GrizzlyetteAdams, Jan 31, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    I can't help but wonder what the folks here think of so many of us joining at one time...

Rest easy, new friends...we are good people who jumped from a forum where the owner suddenly went AWOL... It has been over seven months since anyone has ever heard from him. In about a month, the forum's yearly contract with the host will likely expire and the curtains will be shut.

And here we are...the shipwrecked survivors of the capsized forum.

More than a few of us are seasoned "boots-in-the-field" folks who are glad to find others who share the same mindset. To go along with the saying, "iron sharpens iron," we are looking forward to learning from you, and to contribute to the site by sharing what we have on our belts.

We are housebroken, too!

2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Griz. Very well said. I love your analogy of the shipwrecked survivors of a capsized forum. Thank you to all of the older members for having us. We hope to learn and contribute.

3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    What they said. There is still a lot of good information over at the old forum. I hate to see it disappear.

1. Ystranc
      If there is anything that stands out to you as particularly insightful or interesting feel free to copy and past a few bits of it and start some threads

Ystranc, Feb 11, 2019
      GrizzlyetteAdams likes this.
  4. Kranky

Kranky Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Welcome and Welcome All!

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    New blood, new thoughts and new "faces" are all important to keep a place alive and kicking. I think that you will like it here and you are most certainly welcomed.

6. Buggy

Buggy Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Hey Grizz! ;)

-Buggy

7. Buggy

Buggy Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    By the way.....

I am desperately trying to figure out how to salvage all that information over in the other forum. Even though I was a moderator there, I had limited super powers. Haha. The forum was broken and not actively administrated. I would hate to see 10 years of great information go away some day. Ugh.

-Buggy

1. Ystranc
      Yes, the same happened to the survival forum on tribe.net...the whole tribe site was dragged down by perverts and degenerates and the information contained in years of contributions to the survival forum was lost.

Ystranc, Feb 11, 2019
  8. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Hey Buggy, it's a good day now that you are HERE!!!

I feel super bad about the information vanishing with the site, too. But, not all the info will be lost! You and all the other "old-timers" that migrated to here have tons and tons of good stuff stored away in your brains. I have a feeling that it would be fun to draw them out again in various threads here.

I am so glad you are here.

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    all are welcome.

10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Buggy: Glad to see you found us. Hope all is well.

11. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Nice to have some new faces around here.

12. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Buggy: Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Sourdough and GrizzlyetteAdams like this.
  13. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm pretty much a n00b myself, but I wasn't in any other prepper forums per se. Most of the other fora I'd visited degenerated into political or conspiracy types. This place seems to be just what I like!

14. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Yes Duncan, there is some very good information on this forum, if a thread breaks down into politics or a debate on religion it's easy enough to ignore it. You'll soon figure out your way around the forum and it can be worth reading up on some of the past subjects. :)

15. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
    .....a dog comes draggin in...lol

16. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm so happy to see you here! It will be an absolute treat to see your posts in the threads.

Sourdough, TMT Tactical and elkhound like this.
  17. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:

dont kennel me....i just wanna lay on the porch a bit...

Radar, Sourdough and GrizzlyetteAdams like this.
  18. GrizzlyetteAdams

390/460

Blog Posts:
    Ok, there's plenty of sunshine on the porch and meaty bones to chew on, lol. Enjoy!

Sourdough, TMT Tactical and elkhound like this.
  19. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Woof!