We Emp Solar Panels, Iphone, Pc, & More!

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by elkhound, Apr 1, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. elkhound

elkhound Master Survivalist
      307/345

Blog Posts:
  2. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    the folks in above video do some interesting things to several items.hope this helps out.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I enjoyed the video and certainly hope they are correct.

elkhound likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I not one who is desperate to have technology in a post SHTF world once the power has gone off, I don't think I want the expense of fitting solar panels to my roof and I haven't got the storage space for all the batteries.
    there wont be any internet, and I wont be wanting to phone anyone, and heating and lighting and cooking can be done by other means.

TMT Tactical and elkhound like this.
  5. Skyhiker9292

Skyhiker9292 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello all I am new here and trying to figure out how to alert members to a great sale. We have a folding solar panel with amazing fast charge power bank available on Amazon now at 15% discount. www.skybeesolar.com has info. I know this is not the place to advertise really but I don't see on Marketplace how to put a post up .... Advice welcome!

6. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    i live remote now so if a persons going to buy solar and such its best to know all you can before buying stuff. just one example of future stuff is having ability to use handheld radios now and in future..says steps and time. i have worked on large ranches covering miles and radios are a must item.the list goes on..portable drill are a bonus as long as batteries can be charged and stay useful.

i am currently building a new garden area.its getting a garden shed and i have solar already bought to install. i use power to knock back predators from garden fence.it will be fully electrified to turn critters.

i own 10's of 1,000's of trees for cooking and heating and have lighting covered in various ways.solar lights allow me a simple clean and effective way to have lighting without heat from flames.in summers here you sure dont want to be burning a kerosene lamps inside home.for a tiny investment my homestead runs better now and in future...for as long it lastest.nothing is forever...not even us...till then..forward motion living best we can where we with how we can afford to.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Lonewolf and I are thinking the same on this . I am not concerned about any type of electricity or communication . I am prepared to instantly shift to eighteenth century living .

8. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    pose this question to you....so you are standing in your kitchen cooking on woodcook stove. another person is in garden and has simple cheap $20 motorola talkabout that are being charged off a simple single solar panel. while cooking a person could warn you of danger? incoming folks..a snake bite..a big deer in fall headed towards house you could open window and bag for the larder...theres more..just something to ponder...

a blending of past,now and what might be future?

cooking on woodstove,shooting a deer from window with a 30-06 and canning it because of a radio...priceless.

p.s. theres no right or wrong answer as we all live and die by our choices daily.we each are to choose our various paths.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  9. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We found after living for over 20 years without electricity, that the greatest advantage of having solar power was having the use of a fridge/freezer. That is still our biggest advantage. Having not to wash clothing etc by hand is also a plus.
    Keith.

elkhound and TMT Tactical like this.
  10. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem I have with advertising like this Skyhiker is that we would like members to join this forum for reasons other than free advertising! We want members to interact with each other. This add of yours teaches me nothing.
    Keith.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am of the mind to just go off grid if an EMP takes down the grid. Phones will be useless without the supporting infrastructure and I would worry about drawing attention if I was the only person with lights on. I have several family band radios that will have some limited use for a little while but if the power goes down and stays down any system that you have has a limited life expectancy.

As Keith said, the freezer and fridge would be the thing most missed. LOL. clothes washing is simple you go swimming with your clothes on in the summer and then take them off and bathe yourself. One of the things that people are going to have to adapt to is that when you don't have an electric washer and dryer you don't wear clothes once and then wash them. In general people in the past were not at all clean by our now spoiled culture. During the winder taking a bath was a big deal. You filled a tub up with hot water and everyone bathed usually starting with the oldest and working down from there to the youngest. This is where the old saying "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" came from. By the time you got to the baby the water was pretty murky.

More later...

Keith H., elkhound and TMT Tactical like this.
  12. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Tex you mentioned the clothes washing problem . I snuk a scrub board and wash tub home expecting to have a mad wife . When she eventually found it , I was surprised to find out she thought it was a good idea .

elkhound likes this.
  13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL, my Grandmother never owned a washing machine and didn't want one. She felt like having hot and cold running water in the house and a bathtub was about all the decadence she could stand. My age put me right at the end of a lot of things. I remember when a washateria had three tubs with a swing around wringer in the middle. I knew and often visited with people that had outhouses for toilets and had only cold running water. I think that things like that are part of the reason why I'm more OK with just not having power than younger people. I know that it isn't a really big deal and that you can get used to it and be happy. My Dad was a grown man and only when he came home after the war did they get electricity on the farm and didn't need ice deliveries. I think that I may start a topic just for us old farts to "remember when " on...

14. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    theres a freezer/refrigerator out designed by amish to last forever and be easily repaired that has a danfoss compressor and its 12volt.you can run appliance as a freezer or a fridge. build yaself a super insulated 'ice box' in wall and just rotate saltwater bottles through freezer to keep icebox cool daily. a little thought can make things so much better.they run on just a couple few hundred watt panels.

i am not going to use stick and stones when i have a -06 still functioning and can operate for a long time with a bit of care and forethought to having a few boxes of ammo to feed it.

i have lots of water on site..but i hope to install cistern that operates in kitchen via a hand pump or a 12volt pressure pump.

washing clothes..look up dasher washer.

-G1wI2cQg1Eq4kA1sc9GTXR_uj4O2UG3.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
  16. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
  17. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    this will be in my new home

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I spent many years washing my clothes by hand in the sink, so post SHTF not a problem.
    fridge, freezer not a problem after SHTF as we will have little to be preserved, any meat will either be consumed on the day or smoked or canned.

19. elkhound

307/345

Blog Posts:
    like your sig line says..failing to prepare is preparing to fail....i will ad in at what level of preparedness...that part is up to each of us on our abilities and financial resources.

survival can be living in a debris hut drying meat to living in a house with canned jars and a freezer. i can do the lower levels but i strive to the upper levels as it makes my daily life better.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We washed our clothes etc in a copper with a wood fire for heating.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.