We Need More Businesses Like This.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by LastOutlaw, Jul 16, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...tion-to-ease-coronavirus-burden-in-venezuela/

Goya Continues Good Deeds with 220,000 Pounds of Food Donation to Ease Coronavirus Burden in Venezuela
    0af0fef774e96f58779831d53bde9e43.png
    goyagivesvenezueladonation2020
    Penny Starr16 Jul 202018
    3:27

The Hispanic food company Goya has been in the spotlight in recent days after its president Bob Unanue praised President Donald Trump while at the White House for the launch of the Hispanic Prosperity Initiative, but critics of his remarks have been overshadowed by those who have supported the company, including a “buycott” movement that has seen products flying off grocery shelves.

On Thursday the company announced its latest effort to use it products to fight hunger in the United States and abroad with a donation of 220,000 pounds of food to Venezuela to aid the country in its battle against the coronavirus.

Unanue said in an announcement of the donation:

Our #GoyaGivesGlobal campaign extends our hand to our neighboring countries who are in desperate need of nourishing food and demonstrates Goya’s history of giving critical assistance to people who need it the most, not just here in the United States, but around the globe. Venezuela has long suffered from shortages of food and we will do whatever we can to help.

In times of desperate need, Goya has always been at the forefront of disaster and humanitarian relief efforts, providing millions of pounds of food worldwide. In September of 2019, in response to the outcries of starving children and families in Venezuela, Goya committed to a donation of 400,000 pounds of which only 180,000 pounds safely reached the people with the help of non-profits, churches, and charitable organizations located in Venezuela.

Carlos Vecchio, Chargé d’Affaires of the Government of Venezuela to the United States, said about the donation:

We thank Goya Foods, and its President Bob Unanue for this important humanitarian donation of food to the Venezuelan people. We thank them for their donation last year, we thank them for their donation this year and we look forward to their donation next year.

“It is a profoundly humane and social demonstration of how the international private sector can actively help to alleviate the pain and suffering of the people of Venezuela,” Vecchio said, adding:

This humanitarian support will be transparently channeled through the protocols that the Interim Government of President Juan Guaidó has coordinated with national and international agencies to address the emergency that affects millions of Venezuelan families.

Unanue’s announcement said:

Since the start of the pandemic, the company has donated a total of 2.5 million pounds of food and 20,000 protective masks. During Hurricane Maria Goya donated over 1 million pounds of food to the people of Puerto Rico, in addition to the starving people of Venezuela during governmental unrest, to the people of Haiti during the earthquake, and at home during Superstorm Sandy, and Hurricanes Isaac, Harvey, and Irene.

“We’re all truly blessed … to have leader like President Trump because he’s a builder,” Unanue said at the White House, adding that his grandfather’s food business was founded with the same goals — “to build, to grow, to prosper.”

Unanue has not apologized for his remarks and said on Fox and Friends he backs Trump’s efforts to help the Hispanic community.

“We were part of a commission called the White House Hispanic Prosperity Initiative and they called on us to be there to see how we could help opportunities within the economic and educational realm for prosperity among Hispanics and among the United States,” Unanue said.

Follow Penny Starr on Twitter

wally, Alaskajohn and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Last Outlaw,

Great article and picture.

I've joined the buy Goya foods as a citizen participant in the "buycot".

Viva Goya - plagues to Chick fil A !

MAGA

3. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm putting Goya products in my food stores.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. myakka

myakka New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I grew up eating their products. Had just told the wife we were out of them and we saw the news story.

we started restocking today.

wally, TMT Tactical and Oddcaliber like this.
  5. LastOutlaw

LastOutlaw Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    There was a time in America when there was no social security, no welfare, no food stamps and it wasn't really called for or expected. There were however lots of citizens who donated through their churches and/or helped those who were in need.

wally, TMT Tactical and Oddcaliber like this.
  6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There have been national reports of Goya products flying off the shelves when that company stood up to the liberal bullies. The commie MSM is firing back at Goya and people who support Goya.

All part of the war going on in America. Seething anger and fury is the order of the day.

7. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Active Member
      45/58

Blog Posts:
    Found Goya products at Dollar Tree! Grabbed some there.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    in Britain prior to 1948 there was no social security, no welfare, no food banks, people lived or died if they could or couldnt get work, there were some soup kitchens but they were limited.

9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When there was no welfare or social security people worked or ELSE. There was very little patience with slackers. In those days if you wanted someone to feed you you asked them if there were any chores that they could do for a meal. One of my Dad's favorite statements was a version of "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." If you wanted him to feed you you were going to work for it. If I was a little lazy he would ask me if I wanted him to break my plate.

Unlike now, there used to be little that was looked down on more than a lazy bum. Now people glorify people that are too lazy to work that instead make a living selling illegal drugs, stealing, or joining gangs. They are COOL! I sort of like the get rid of the cops thing. then when someone tries to steal you just kill them and dispose of the body. I would like to see armed guards in the stores and liquor stores. If you tried to rob the store of cash you should be DROPPED.

The rioting would be OVER if they started allowing the people that lived there to shoot anyone that tried to damage or steal their property. THAT is the way the law is in Texas and that is why we have no riots. More and more I am a kill them all and let God sort them out when it comes to these anti American asshats.

10. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    when its WROL thats exactly how it will be.

TMT Tactical, Oddcaliber and wally like this.