Weather "subx Project"

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 8, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/12/191207073539.htm

Good afternoon all,

Article about a project to try to have a working model allowing for monthly weather forecasts to augment the weekly ones we now have.

For emergencies, when this new-fangled telegraph key is on line, my main use is for weather reports.

As an aside, the NWS offers free courses at their area weather stations and some other programs where a NWS meteorologist will speak/teach before a group. I took 2 and well worth it. (My favorite cloud is nimbogranite.)

Viva the weather folks !

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    My favorite clouds are the one's that don't show up.

3. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Learning weather prediction is a very good prepper skill. Especially for those times when severe weather is headed your way. I learned as a Park Ranger working for the USACOE for doing gate operations on our flood control Dam. It's nice to be able to tell by the sky or radar if you can sleep that night or if you need to keep an eye on the weather. We were also responsible for reporting our weather station data to the National Weather Service, every morning.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.