Wet Weather Fire Lighting. Page One.

Discussion in 'All Resources About Fire' started by Keith H., May 28, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  2. Seth Brown

Seth Brown New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Wet weather fire making is by far one of the most difficult things to do in a survival situation. I will definitely use these videos when I practice. Thank you for the help :)

Keith H. likes this.
  3. OneFoot

OneFoot Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    from my experiance living in WA out byt the HOH rainforest always use dry materials if possible and when attempting to make the fire i have always tried for 2 things when in wet weather/rain.
    1. make an elevated platform out of branches and material to keep it off the wet ground (once these dry out on top from the fire it will give it a healthy base to gain coals)
    2. ive have caught myself trying to use my body and a wind/rain block more than once trying to obtain a fire.
    so now i always look for some type of overhang or natural shelter from the elements from at least 2 sides in order to be sucsessful faster. yes i move my fire to camp which isnt far away from me if i can help it.

on a side note iv been trying to think of a way to have a portable shield for my fire to act as a rain and wind block while lighting while still allowing me to use as a fire reflector.

-OneFoot-

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for taking the time to comment, appreciated.
    Keith.