What are your daily prepping activity?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by ProNine, Jul 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ProNine

ProNine Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    As the question says, what are some things you do to make sure you're at least prepared to leave wherever you are? For example, do you fill up your car's tank to a certain level or take a certain gear. In general, what are some things that you do that you believe everyone can do to just be a bit more prepared when they walk out of their house's door?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We live in the woods, but we keep our road SUV fuel tank topped up & the 4WD tank topped up. We keep jerry cans of fuel on hand. This would not last long of course but better than nothing at all. Wet season floods can stop fuel getting through, black-outs means that fuel stations close, so it is wise to keep tanks full. We try to keep up with the firewood supply when weather permits, chainsaws will be of no use in a shtf situation, back to axes & cross-cut saw. But plenty of wood in the forest.
    Keith.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    My regular prepping activity is to filter 25 lts of tapwater every week for drink purposes, is not strictly necessary but I like to secure my drinkable water free from bacteria and filth. Another thing I do as a habit is to remove the wild grass from crops we have thriving in our terrain. For heating and start the kitchen burners We employ a gas supply contained in 50 kg large gas cylinder, We refill them every 4 to 6 months.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Legendary Survivalist Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I refill my vehicle tank regularly, as soon as it gets down to half, never let it go below this level.