What Do You Do After The Crunch?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by GS AutoTech, Jul 19, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Let's say you survive the initial breakdown of civilization, riots, starving sheeple, looters & thugs. Population is dramatically reduced. Now there are many resources & materials that can be scavenged or salvaged. If you begin to salvage these things, do you run into moral & ethical challenges? I'm not speaking of stealing from other survivors at all. But using materials that now belong to no one. What do you think?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    its called scavenging or salvaging, we will all be doing it.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  3. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    I have no issues with salvaging materials as long as I'm not stealing per say. I would not tolerate theft of my property so I wouldn't expect it from others.
    Sorta a grey area I guess, one that needs consideration on an individual situation basis. Hence the original question.
    I pray I never have to kill to survive, but I will do what I need to do.

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if the area looks abandoned then i'm all for it, no point in leaving stuff lying about to rot when we can use it, however use a bit of caution, if your not sure if the place is deserted then move on to the next location, no point in inviting trouble.
    as far as I am concerned its all "extra" to my already stored preps and its all a bonus, so if I have to leave some where it is it isn't going to be a great problem.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, there's the SHTF, then there's the rebuilding. No sense in surviving if there's no future. I'm old and smoke cigarettes with Death himself. But then there are the children. I'm a grandfather. It is not the Will of God that they be denied a future.

Well, there's the SHTF, then there's the rebuilding. No sense in surviving if there's no future. I'm old and smoke cigarettes with Death himself. But then there are the children. I'm a grandfather. It is not the Will of God that they be denied a future.

Why not another Pheonix out of the ashes. We'll gather what we need. I'll not be doing so for myself. I am in a strange land having died some years ago; I just can't remember when. Kids are cute. I'll survive to help if I can.

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Rebuilding will come a long way down the line after the dust has settled.
    don't expect anything to be quite like it was before, a second industrial revolution is unlikely, most of the minerals have already been mined and used, mother nature rarely give a second bite of the cherry, whatever happens in the future is unlikely to be anything like what went before.